Peak Oil Cartoons

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

McC
Rabid Monkey

Peak Oil Cartoons

Post by McC »

Recently, a coworker sent around a thread in our internal 'Humor' newsgroup saying "This says it all..." and then included a bunch of political cartoons complaining about gas prices. I responded with the reply, "Actually, I think these say it all:" and included some political cartoons that get at the why of expensive gas, rather than just bitching about it.. I thought I'd share them here, for those who might find themselves in similar situations where a lengthy rebuttal won't get you anywhere.

I haven't inlined them, but they're all work safe, less than 650px wide, and under 75 KB.

America: A Brief Parable
America is the freest nation on Earth!...sort of.
Supply & Demand: Just why is gas so expensive?
Hefting Oil Barrels
Carjacking, 2006 Version
Is that so much to ask?

Sorry if this doesn't belong in AMP. Since it was a picture/cartoon thread, it seemed appropriate, but I know AMP's not the place for a political discussion.
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

I don't know any comics per se, but I can do you one better and offer you some fine funk on peak oil:

Tower of Power - Only So Much Oil
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

The Pain (when will it end?): "What's Your Plan (When the Shit Hits the Fan)?"

Technically could be about any apocalyptic catastrophe, but it IS about peak oil.