Killer Robots(WIP)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Killer Robots(WIP)

Post by Cosmic Average »

They are robots with guns. Not finished yet.

Anyone want to make some suggestions?
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Cool stuff man!

Personally I would like to see more articulation on the hips, maybe another rotor or actuator.

For the torso I think a sensor pod and/or missile launcher should be added, while being blended into the body similar to that of an aircraft. I would also add a robust looking armor coaming around and partially enveloping the "open" front of the mech.

I like the gatling cannons, however I'd like to see an armored ammunition storage container on the back or something. I know its not that great an idea, but in addition to that we could throw caution tot he wind and have an exposed ammo belt! :)

Overall this is shaping up to be a rock solid design! Keep it up.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Switch a Gatling arm with a cannon of some sort, alternatively rocket pods.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Personally, I'd like to see the upmost leg joint rotated 90 degrees, so it looks like it has some forward mobility beyond just swinging the legs horizontally.

Otherwise, as far as functionality goes, a smaller viewscreen and a heavier weapon on one arm would give it more combat capability.

As a model, it's great work - nice lighting and clean edges.
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

Update:

Switched out the one gatling gun for three missiles... Tried to make a missile pod, but it looked more like it was carrying around several loaves of bread. :?

Thank you for the replies. :)
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Nice. What are you modeling in?
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

Thank you. I am using Blender.
JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

TADS sensor ball turret under the "nose" ala variosu attack helicopters.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I've added some things that I feel would improve the design.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It is excellent.

Make the glass window of the cockpit smaller. It's too big a target. Take a cue from the design of helicopter cockpits - make it look like a Hind D!

A Hind D?!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

It needs some form of non-fixed axis weapon. Possibly some forms of RWS mount w/an M2 or similar. Otherwise it loses all effectiveness if you expect it to operate unsupported in any form of built-up or not-completely-wide-open terrain.

Definitely agree with the previous posts too - more armour over vulnerable sections, cockpit redesign and sensor mounts.

And kill the loose hanging missiles. Throw them in a pod of some sort. It looks cleaner, more realistic and above all would be more effective.

And now for a few questions:
How is this thing powered?

Where are the drive motors for each leg?

Where is ammo for the minigun coming from?
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

You could try modeling the missile pod after the TOW launcher on this Bradley, only hanging. While we're looking at that, it occurs to me that you can't go wrong with a few smoke launchers.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Alan Bolte wrote:You could try modeling the missile pod after the TOW launcher on this Bradley, only hanging. While we're looking at that, it occurs to me that you can't go wrong with a few smoke launchers.
Or even the TRIGAT or HOT pods that are cropping up more and more often.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I just would like to add that if I saw that thing walking down the street, I would leg it. I can't comment much on the technical details, but it looks great: imposing and terrifying but still completely pragmatic and powerful, a design I would expect for military vehicles.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.