The Most Dangerous Footpath in the World

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

The Most Dangerous Footpath in the World

Post by Big Orange »

Here is footage of a very crooked, high and perilous mountain path somewhere in Spain and in an advanced state of disrepair.

And the crazy bugger who filmed this walked the full length of it without any harness gear. :shock:
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

I wasn't impressed at first, I've walked mountainside dirt footpaths so narrow I had to push vegetation out the way. Then he got to the collapsed parts...
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

I'm generally pretty good with heights but man...
:shock:
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

The most amazing part of that was the fact that there were other people there.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I always wonder how those sorts of paths get made in the first place.

Also, I keep thinking "this looks like something out of one of the Myst games" - anyone else get that vibe?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

And Wikipedia provides an answer: Linky

My fear of heights has suffered all throughout the video, although I guess the frequent cuts were made to hide the guy re-attaching his harness (as you can see some other guy doing).

If I ever was proposed to do that, I'd reply with a FUCK YOU! of Epic proportions.
unsigned
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Our camera man was not using a harness, as seen where he passes up the guy in the harness. He doesn't stop to disconnect and go around him, he just trucks on by. That being said, when he walks acrossed the beams, that's horrifying to me.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I mean fuck, I'm not the best man for heights, I do just fine working aloft since that's artifical, I don't think "this rope could fail and I'll die"

But Fuuuuucccckkk, I had to stop watching the video a few times for Vertigo to wear off, it looked like a fucking FPS level by some retarted level designer with a mania for jumping puzzles, not an actual open to the public path.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

not an actual open to the public path.
It's not open to the public. Not officially anyway.
Faabio
Padawan Learner

Post by Faabio »

That was quite something. Nice wievs and everything. Not something I would do, so thanks for the video.
Broomstick wrote: Also, I keep thinking "this looks like something out of one of the Myst games" - anyone else get that vibe?
Reminded me of Ico and Shadow of the colossus more but then again I have'nt played any of the Myst games.
Ayrix
Youngling

Post by Ayrix »

How did this guy not fall straight through the concrete from the weight of his iron balls?
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

Ayrix wrote:How did this guy not fall straight through the concrete from the weight of his iron balls?
I think the sheer amount of stupidity the guy had with him would have caused it to collapse. That ain't brave, it is just dumb.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Ayrix wrote:How did this guy not fall straight through the concrete from the weight of his iron balls?
Pretty simple. He exchanged the Iron Balls for light weight Titanium Cojones.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Tasoth wrote:Our camera man was not using a harness, as seen where he passes up the guy in the harness. He doesn't stop to disconnect and go around him, he just trucks on by.
Maybe he wasn't wearing it the whole time? I just found it curious that there were many cuts, and some of them were before crossing some of the more dangerous sections (wouldn't blame the guy for, you know, not wanting to die).

In fact, I thought the line on the wall was an improvised handrail of sorts until they guy came across someone using it to attach a harness. Not as insane as it seemed at first, but pretty suicidal, nonetheless.
unsigned
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I think they switched cameramen at some part. The second half, after crossing the pipe-bridge, was a lot shakier, and you saw the cameraman's feet more as he crossed the path.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

To be honest, it does not seem that bad....I remember trails where the rocks under you always feel like you are about to slip and slide
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

LordOskuro wrote:
Tasoth wrote:Our camera man was not using a harness, as seen where he passes up the guy in the harness. He doesn't stop to disconnect and go around him, he just trucks on by.
Maybe he wasn't wearing it the whole time? I just found it curious that there were many cuts, and some of them were before crossing some of the more dangerous sections (wouldn't blame the guy for, you know, not wanting to die).
Maybe he just edited out the boring parts.
It´s not unthinkable that someone would do something like that. I mean while this is really cool and impressive there are people who do whakier stuff. Just look at the freeclimbers and some le parkour people.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

just remembering that Velvet Undergroun and Warholf "Factory" girl Nico was killed mountin biking in spain.

of course the ironic part being she was trying to loose weight for a movie part without doing any drugs after years of drug addiction too keep her weight down.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Gasp :shock: