SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote: Er, no, not quite. Considering the threat of massive disease outbreak from (1) the collapse of sanitation and general infrastructure and (2) the UAR's offensive bioweapons, um, we can't really do that much for some time. Trade is about to collapse, too.
At this point even if Saddamistani did not use bioweapons deliberately, a war is going to end up breaking enough of them open to cause plagues anyway. Unlike Iraq in 1991, Saddamistan will not destroy its own arsenal out of fear.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

great I can now see the profits from Hughes/Kaiser being a large scale medical provider going through the roof. Worse as bad as this is looking, the sales of Soma are probalby going to net my criminal elements a small fortune...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Still tired; going back to bed; (sniffle)

Don't nuke the earth without me, mangs.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

I think I'm past the deadline where I should have said something about massive tsunami that had tragically devastated my nation. Oh well, I'll make the relevant post anyway... tomorrow. I'm very tired today and yesterday and the day before that.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Right when the Doomsday Clock strikes one minute to midnight, writer's block strikes for me. That's just GREAT.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

I for one have gotten really tired of back room deal's and messages sent through PM's and all of that bullshit in this game. I have used such tools in the past, but from now on even "secret" deals from Alexandria and anything else I control is going in the main thread, and I'd prefer it to be done that way for everybody. The back room dealing has led to a great deal of the avoidable bullshit going on, that has nothing to do with in game events (such as people argueing about how many nukes so and so has or whatever. We state ythis shit openly, it can be worked out by the players immediatly instead of after events have happened.). If other people can't keep in character knowledge seperate from player knowledge too bad, that's their responsibility.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Raj Ahten wrote:I for one have gotten really tired of back room deal's and messages sent through PM's and all of that bullshit in this game. I have used such tools in the past, but from now on even "secret" deals from Alexandria and anything else I control is going in the main thread, and I'd prefer it to be done that way for everybody. The back room dealing has led to a great deal of the avoidable bullshit going on, that has nothing to do with in game events (such as people argueing about how many nukes so and so has or whatever. We state ythis shit openly, it can be worked out by the players immediatly instead of after events have happened.). If other people can't keep in character knowledge seperate from player knowledge too bad, that's their responsibility.
Someone really should make an essay comparing the back-doors diplomacy and invasion of a small, conquered country in this game as an analogy to the human errors that resulted in World War 1.
Lot's of fun paralels :D
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Oh. Hey. The Prime Minister is going insane too.
Damn inbred Austro-Hungarian Habsburg bastard king!
I'm amazed that no ones written an attempted assasination attempt on, say, the VP of Phongonia or The son of the SAC commander of Shepnukistania yet. :angelic:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Going to work pls don't destroy me.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

You know what, I'm going to let my citizens out of their bunkers. I see no reason to live in fear, and if someone lobs a nuke in my direction out of spite, sheesh, I'll just quit the game.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

We could consider restarting the game without genocidal dicks in charge of the two most powerful nations :P

Shep's CT might end up with him earning an Imperium-sized shithole, just like Neverhood :D

And how do we restart the new game? With the Olympics held in Canissia!

Where communism shall be defeated by the Shroomanian Stallion, who will best the Reds' Ivan Drago in mortal combat.

I WILL CRUSH YOU!

FOR ME! FOR MEEEE!!!!!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:You know what, I'm going to let my citizens out of their bunkers. I see no reason to live in fear, and if someone lobs a nuke in my direction out of spite, sheesh, I'll just quit the game.
If we ever restart the game, I am making a nation of underground bunker-dwellers adept at digging and digging and digging.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:We could consider restarting the game without genocidal dicks in charge of the two most powerful nations Razz
No, no. They made the game fun. Kinda.

Next time, we'll just mobilize straight away and destroy them utterly before they can so much as blink :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:You know what, I'm going to let my citizens out of their bunkers. I see no reason to live in fear, and if someone lobs a nuke in my direction out of spite, sheesh, I'll just quit the game.
If we ever restart the game, I am making a nation of underground bunker-dwellers adept at digging and digging and digging.
Pfft. I say go many steps further. Let's set up hive cities instead.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Pfft. I say go many steps further. Let's set up hive cities instead.
You can knock down hive cities, but in order to get at Dwarven PeZookians, you will have to blast through kilometers upon kilometers of soil and rock!

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Pfft. I say go many steps further. Let's set up hive cities instead.
You can knock down hive cities, but in order to get at Dwarven PeZookians, you will have to blast through kilometers upon kilometers of soil and rock!
Hmm.. at that depth, geothermal power actually becomes attractive.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Goddamn dwarven PeZookians. They'll HAET my nubile and nymphomatic Shroomelvens!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Goddamn dwarven PeZookians. They'll HAET my nubile and nymphomatic Shroomelvens!
No, no. We're gonna be cool dwarves, with good-looking dwarvettes, enjoying trade and diplomacy and importing Shroomelven hookers to our cities. Just, you know - paranoid about people trying to murder them with huge, huge nukes.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Goddamn dwarven PeZookians. They'll HAET my nubile and nymphomatic Shroomelvens!
Join us! We will create great cities of wonder far away from the rest of the world!
Kreia
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Join us! We will create great cities of wonder far away from the rest of the world!
Goddamit man, I told you allready, the plan calls for women chosen on the basis of immense physical attractiveness and good genes. Not this strange dwarf jesus-person.
We cannot allow...A Sex-fuck gap!
Photography
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

So um, I can has war? :P
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It will be glorious! We shall make merry in the name of our kings' loins most glorious outpourings!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

MKSheppard wrote:So um, I can has war? :P
You have your war, I shall have my wine. Now leave me in peace while I have some saffron.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-06-02 08:45am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

MKSheppard wrote:So um, I can has war? :P
No. I still like to live on the surface.

EDIT: Oh, hey! I have an idea!

If SD.net world goes to hell, ruined and massacred by Shep and Skimmer, we can restart it...1000 years in the future!

It will be SD.net world...with mutants! And lost relics of Ancient Times! And weird cultures worshipping the Atomic Gods Of Death and digging underground to get away from them.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It can be like, so postapocalyptic. Screw nations, it'll be done on a person-by-person basis. We must survive!

The Atomic Gods of Death, the Shep and the Super Saddam Special!

And the grotesque heathen heresies of the 777th Shroom! :evil:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!