SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

PeZook wrote:If SD.net world goes to hell, ruined and massacred by Shep and Skimmer, we can restart it...1000 years in the future!
I was thinking like that; basically continue the game; but albeit on a longer time scale; like 1 month = 5 or 10 years or so as post attack recovery.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

MKSheppard wrote:So um, I can has war?
Okay, that's enough.

I'll quit the game if that happens. This was a game, now it's a total joke.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

We can totally "skip" the nuclear war and play in the postnuclear "afterworld".

All of us are ruined. But everyone will HAET the UAR! The MESS and the FUN will be hugging and cuddling with each other, close to one another, for strength and support.

I guess the IRT makes it through. Those bastards :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Figures -- as long as wars are tiny and small and center around utterly unknown places like the Shadow Empire, Syndromia, and Zablorgia; everyone's all happy; but when we get into the possibility of titanic naval and air engagements involving major world powers; everyone suddenly decides not to play?
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

MKSheppard wrote:Figures -- as long as wars are tiny and small and center around utterly unknown places like the Shadow Empire, Syndromia, and Zablorgia; everyone's all happy; but when we get into the possibility of titanic naval and air engagements involving major world powers; everyone suddenly decides not to play?
Well, I'd say the potential titanic bodycount, massive GDP loss and wreckage of all pet projects of quite a few people may have something to do with that :P

Oh, and the fact this war will be completely pointless helps, too.

EDIT: And I'll play, but I really wonder if I'll bother with 25 pages of "Well, only 10% of our people starved this year, and we can now have drinking water for 50% of the population, unless the UAR decides to nuke us again. Go us!"
Last edited by PeZook on 2008-06-02 10:46am, edited 1 time in total.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

It's not like Sheppard has plans to nuke everyone, he wants to nuke the Mess, several countries will be out of it, and assuming both sides go down in a halo of MAD you end up with a FUN/IRT/UKB dominated world.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I really wonder if I'll bother with 25 pages of "Well, only 10% of our people starved this year, and we can now have drinking water for 50% of the population, unless the UAR decides to nuke us again. Go us!"
Same here. "Massive naval action"? Speak to Mr. 10 Gigaton about why everyone suddenly lost interest in RPing a world about to be brutally destroyed.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Well, I hope it's resolved one way or another in the next couple of days, so that I can either describe the wasteland PeZookia has become and bow out for a while, or get on with the Olympics, the Moon missions, the massive ISCA deliveries, joint fusion programs and a long-overdue vacation for the King :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

MKSheppard wrote:Figures -- as long as wars are tiny and small and center around utterly unknown places like the Shadow Empire, Syndromia, and Zablorgia; everyone's all happy; but when we get into the possibility of titanic naval and air engagements involving major world powers; everyone suddenly decides not to play?
I have no problems with a conventional SDN World War. It's the nuclear part that I and many others dislike.

It may seem cheap and DEM-esque, but what of the possibility of Q coming down and disabling everybody's nukes?
Visitor of five museum ships.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I was thinking of making a post using a lot of screencaps from Independence Day, just a FYI ;)

Anyway, it's high time I wean myself off this drug. I've wasted too much time, mangs. I've got stories to write, and soonly, schools to goes to.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Stas Bush wrote:
I really wonder if I'll bother with 25 pages of "Well, only 10% of our people starved this year, and we can now have drinking water for 50% of the population, unless the UAR decides to nuke us again. Go us!"
Same here. "Massive naval action"? Speak to Mr. 10 Gigaton about why everyone suddenly lost interest in RPing a world about to be brutally destroyed.
Not to mention with more than 50% of the world's economy and what not. And then what? Shep obviously planned from the start, as I guessed a while ago when I noticed he had practically his entire army in storage, to nuke everyone in case of war. Now if that isn't in bad taste, then what is? He was practically goading everyone to start a fight with him with his continued belligerence in world affairs. And some of us will not stand to have his genocidal fantasies sated just so that he can have millions of people dead by his hand. Some perhaps wouldn't mind obviously, but some would.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

Personally I'm not too enthusiastic about the possibility of a thermonuclear war real or otherwise. However it will not stop me playing the game even if I am unhappy about the ultimate result.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

*sigh*

And why, exactly, didn't you voice those concerns at the conference? See? One statement could've changed it all.

And of course you don't have any other measures to stop the convoy. Like, I don't know, a massive ASM production complex and hundreds of heavy bombers?

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

More lies from Shep. While the MESS and some members of OMSK before it tried to keep the conflict as low tech as possible, Shep supplied weapons to Alexander and Ramsley for what fucking good reason he obviously pretends we are stupid enough not to see it.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

PeZook wrote:And of course you don't have any other measures to stop the convoy. Like, I don't know, a massive ASM production complex and hundreds of heavy bombers?
It's not as easy to hang a anti-ship missile onto a bomber as you might think; you have to do expensive systems integration between the missile's electronics and the bomber's fire control radar and systems.

The majority of the effort expended over the last year or so were directed towards getting the bombers set up and interfaced with the new SRAMs coming off the production line; and there just weren't enough surplus Blackbeards left over from manning the coastal batteries to give any to the Air Force.

Finally, the really important Blackbeard complex parts are outside shepnukistan.
Missile Production: 40% in Pezookia, taking advantage of low labor costs; 40% in Shroomania, with the remainder (20%) being split amongst the programs. To this end; funding for industrial complexes will be included in next year's Republic of Shepnukistan's Foreign Military Assistance budget.

Radar Production: 40% to be handled by Red Technocracy, 25% by Pezookia, and 10% in Shroomania.

Launcher and Battery Production: 50% by Republic of Shepnukistan to produce the "heavy" HML/HMR mounted version, and 50% by the II Republic of Pezookia, to produce the "light" Rosomak mounted version.
The only thing I produce are the armored trucks that move them around.

Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

How's the ground battle between Shepnukistani and MESS troops in Neverhood going?
Visitor of five museum ships.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:More lies from Shep. While the MESS and some members of OMSK before it tried to keep the conflict as low tech as possible
Yeah, and keeping it low tech prolongs the conflict, and lets a ton of people die; you can kill a lot of people with just AK-47s and Machetes, like Africa proves.
Shep supplied weapons to Alexander and Ramsley for what fucking good reason he obviously pretends we are stupid enough not to see it.
I supplied them with heavy weapons and advanced armaments to give their forces the decisive edge to finally end all this low level skirmishing between rival warlords in the mountain, them vs each other, etc. With the exit of the Diocese; the Nukistani plan has become even more simpler; the Iron General is our man.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Coiler wrote:How's the ground battle between Shepnukistani and MESS troops in Neverhood going?
I'd imagine it's slowly petered out to perhaps random artillery fire every other 30 minutes and random sporadic small arms fire at movement.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

And Shep shows to the world that he can be a magnificent bastard.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

MKSheppard wrote:Yeah, and keeping it low tech prolongs the conflict, and lets a ton of people die; you can kill a lot of people with just AK-47s and Machetes, like Africa proves.
And just who the fuck are they fighting? The Diocese has stopped just about anything on the border, and the Sultanate is in a state of truce. Who do they want to fight? Pfft. Terra Libertia is more like the Balkans with the various races hating each other, but not like a bunch of cannibals you attempt to make them look like.
I supplied them with heavy weapons and advanced armaments to give their forces the decisive edge to finally end all this low level skirmishing between rival warlords in the mountain, them vs each other, etc. With the exit of the Diocese; the Nukistani plan has become even more simpler; the Iron General is our man.
And for what fuck? Against the Sultanate? Don't play the righteous fool. We all know you have been pursuing a vendetta against the Sultan over his "fatwa" which he has since rescinded.

Yeah great Shep, every time we broker a peace, you try to get everyone to pick a fight against each other. Well done.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

There's really two options on Shep's latest statement:

1) Propoganda, trying to somehow make himself the wounded party. Nevermind the fact he never even tried to talk with anybody about it, and just went for "shoot the convoy with nuclear weapons" instead. Nevermind the fact that we didn't "steal" anything; we asked Alexander and we got his permission to move his equipment that Shepnukistan gave him. So yeah, propoganda, although transparent.

2) His government really is that deluded. That somehow the only option they could possibly have had was to fire nuclear weapons at another country's merchant ships and navy, and they seriously believe that. In which case, they're far more unstable than any of us thought. Well, at least than I thought, anyway.

And sure, I'll go with the putting deals and such in the game thread and OOC. But if anybody uses OOC information, or other information they should not have, they get punished. Either they retcon when called upon it (mistakes happen) or are visited by an act of Q.

EDIT: Most of the time I go to PMs now is to make sure somebody gets it, like Simplicius who I don't know how much he really watches the game for example. And sometimes people miss things; I remember a few times someone called for a conference or something and it got overlooked, until somebody else called for the same thing, for example. But we can use PMs as a "heads up" and just give a direct link (or reposting, whichever you prefer) of things stated in the game or OOC threads.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

OOoh, Watch the panic begin.

Lonestar just broadcast a recording of me essentially saying that the large, super huge bomb shelters ala Fallout, only just increase civilian casualties; because from the air to an attacking bomber, they look exactly like very large military/leadership bunkers.

And there's no way a bomber can send someone down to inspect them...

Hell, the only thing I could have said to make that better; was to admit that the only way to deal with them is with groundbursts; which mean nasty fallout.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

MKSheppard wrote:OOoh, Watch the panic begin.

Lonestar just broadcast a recording of me essentially saying that the large, super huge bomb shelters ala Fallout, only just increase civilian casualties; because from the air to an attacking bomber, they look exactly like very large military/leadership bunkers.

And there's no way a bomber can send someone down to inspect them...

Hell, the only thing I could have said to make that better; was to admit that the only way to deal with them is with groundbursts; which mean nasty fallout.
I weighed my options and went with you cackling over civilian deatths would be a better thing to put out, so the common folks know exactly who it is we're dealing with.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Loinstar... I love you.

:luv:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Loinstar... I love you.

:luv:
*writes Shroom/Lonestar slashfic*

"Be my Petty Officer!"