most fucked up rock opera protagonist

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

most fucked up rock opera protagonist

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Tommy - Tommy-The Who (can't see, speak, or hear because he's mentally closed down his mind.)
Desmenova -Imaginos/Astronomy - Blue Oyster Cult (servant of aliens out to destroy humanity by causing wars.)
Kilroy- Killroy was here-Styx (rock musician who escapes a life sentance under a fundy government, spends his life disguised as a robot.)
Pink- The Wall- Pink Floyd (traumatized by Nazis, his mother, his wife, and drugs)
The young man- Quadrophenia- The Who (a schitzopherenic teen trying to find his place)
Ziggy Stardust- Ziggy Stardust -David Bowie (a musciican/missiah)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

What? Where's Nikki from Queensrych's Operation Mindcrime?!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Unfortunately, by having turned the Oresteia into a Metal Opera, Virgin Steele automatically wins this. Orestes being told to kill his mother to avenge his father by the gods and then having them drive him insane is about as fucked up as it gets.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

thanks ladies

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta...

It supposedly tells a story but I haven't taken enough drugs to figure out exactly what it is yet. I do know that it has some very disturbing imagery and is, apparently, about the meaning of family.

The protagonist is Cygnus and he's searching for his biological parents but seeing as it's sung half in Spanish and the English half is mostly metaphors, symbolism and imagery pulled from a bad trip I had to look it up to figure that much out.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick bears mention, as a poem written by Gerald Bostock.

Also, Diamond Dogs by Bowie is something of a rock opera, being a glam/soul vision of 1984. The plot isn't fully resolved though, and the characters just fade away, after realizing that their whole rebellion was orchestrated by the government.

In a similar vein, Station to Station and Low could be considered such as well; pertaining to the Thin White Duke, but the plot is even more tenuous here.

And thank God that no one has brought up that Green Day tripe.

EDIT: And there's 2112 by Rush. I'm ashamed of myself for forgetting that. :oops:
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Rael in Genesis' "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway." Of course, the plot to that rock opera is utterly non-sensical.

Sebastian Sorrow in "S.F. Sorrow" by the Pretty Things.

Any of David Bowie's characters - Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane, the Thin White Duke, Major Tom ...