SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:Well, I may be naive and all, but I'm willing to assume they have a point in something and actually don't want to annihilate the world.

After all, what's the worst that could happen? Nuclear holocaust is already on the table :D
The cynical me simply thinks that Shep is just removing an obstacle so that he can get down to massacring sand people.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: The cynical me simply thinks that Shep is just removing an obstacle so that he can get down to massacring sand people.
The cynical me says Shep was planning this from Day 1, but he's shown amazing restraint for a Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger.

So far, no massive Alpha-strike attacks against every single military and industrial target in the MESS. I must admit this was what shocked me into attempting one last chance at reconcillation :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: The cynical me simply thinks that Shep is just removing an obstacle so that he can get down to massacring sand people.
The cynical me says Shep was planning this from Day 1, but he's shown amazing restraint for a Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger.

So far, no massive Alpha-strike attacks against every single military and industrial target in the MESS. I must admit this was what shocked me into attempting one last chance at reconcillation :D
Oh we will give it a shot, though I must say that the atmosphere is downright poisonous now.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Still accepting refugees, sending people to the confrence.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Heh...I can already see the sad delegates sitting in an empty room, slowly getting drunk, looking at a radio for a sign, just one sign from the UAR that they will actually take the offer :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

*Adds fuel to fire*

I'm sorry, were you trying to put that out?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You whore! :evil:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Holy shit.

EDIT: And I don't think anyone was expecting Flexible Response from Shep.
Last edited by phongn on 2008-06-03 07:54am, edited 1 time in total.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

phongn wrote:Holy shit.
Indeed.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

And we're climbing up the escalation ladder ...

As of the writing of this post we're about at stage 27 or so.

EDIT: Arguably up to 33, actually ...

Last edited by phongn on 2008-06-03 08:26am, edited 1 time in total.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

*snap snap snap*
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You could've posted that before shit began, phongn. It would've been real useful :P
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Hey, we followed it almost to the letter!

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

This is the end
Beautiful friend...

*takes off clothes*

*breaks mirror*

*messes up hotel room*

*ceiling fan sounds like choppers*

*goes crazy*

Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-06-03 08:27am, edited 1 time in total.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

You know...they should run moderated STGODs like these as part of a preparation course for national leaders :D

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:You could've posted that before shit began, phongn. It would've been real useful :P
I was thinking about escalation and honestly just realized it might be useful to post.
PeZook wrote:Hey, we followed it almost to the letter!
Isn't that interesting, despite the fact that only a handful of people here have seriously put any sort of study into nuclear war?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I must say, gents, that save for some of us (;) :P), we had an awesome run. Seriously.

Goddamn, creating the FUN was an honor and a privilege.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

phongn wrote:Isn't that interesting, despite the fact that only a handful of people here have seriously put any sort of study into nuclear war?
This entire game is an interesting study on the dynamic of human conflict. You could write a thesis in psychology based on it, especially since people treat their countries somewhat seriously.

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

guys my darkside/beast is here. ahh the joys of being a medicated mentally unstable individual to begin with, with Q. being Q.

I should have figured and given him a seperate hell hole...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Well, Adrianpolis is being stupid. But apparently our forces got away. He merely posted the intent to take them, not that he did.

And even if he did, well *shrug* He never went over to the UAR anyway. He's just being a dumbfuck. We can get them back if it comes to it.

EDIT: Nevermind, he did. Putting it in one tiny little sentence at the end made me miss that.

Oh well, that doesn't mean the UAR has to take him, either. Considering what he just did, it really isn't in their interests to do so. Given that he just tried to take a bunch of people there for relief efforts hostage.

If the UAR is in fact sane and not just totally hellbent on a nuclear war, I'd say they'd reject Adrianpolis as a dangerous rogue state. Accepting them after they decided to take people there on a mission of mercy and relief for tsunami victims is just going to tell the world in big letters that WE WANT WAR HUR HUR HUR whereas rejecting Adrianpolis shows they are, indeed, willing to be reasonable.

And I'd say it'd go a ways as a "backdoor means" to show some measure of goodwill. As Saddamistan did earlier with those aid supplies for the mine-struck LSR ship, and even offering aid to Adrianpolis while it was still a MESS member.

Just sayin'.
/END EDIT

But I think this now means he's lost any and all aid that was being given to him. Have fun in your tsunami-ravaged wastehole, all alone.

And I'll send representitives to the PeZookia thing. Not myself, since that'll probably make it a target. You can back-date it to them arriving at about the same time as everyone else, since I'm only just now seeing this.

And if people are going to do shit just to do shit and try to start a Goddamn war, I don't see any point in this anymore. I mean if people are going to go to war just because "lolz I can!" then there's nothing to work with anymore, is there? We might as well have Q lob asteroids on all our heads for all the difference it'll make.
Last edited by RogueIce on 2008-06-03 10:10am, edited 1 time in total.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

Ok. What the fuck, is it WW3 yet? Should I not return from my extended Earth Vacation?
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Oh my, what's that? The MESS asking the UAR for help in rescuing kidnapped personnel, taken hostage during their attempts to provide aid to tsunami victims? Could this be the start of a de-escalation between the MESS and UAR?

One can hope. :wink:

Of course the "solution" won't involve nukes, bio/chem weapons or massive bombing (as that would rather defeat the purpose of rescuing hostages) but Hell, even a symbolic show of support from the UAR (such as rejecting Adrianpolis' attempt to join their pact) would go a long way to showing everybody that yes, there is a hope for peace.

Since the UAR has only launched to attack our ships but has not, at this time, actually fired on anybody, now is the best time to do this and try to avoid a war.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Heh, I could see Adianopolis's move really fucking them as the MESS and UAR turn all their forces to destroying the traitor! :lol:

Indhopal and ProTec are willing to do almost anything at this point to attampt to stop the nuclear war, but their assets are minor. General Alexander is also willing to do quite a lot, as if the aid stops, Alexandria will never become a true nation.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

And I play my last card

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Bean, either you get Saddamistan to attend, or this conference will just be another meaningless exercise. I've had enough of his ranting that "no one talks to him" nonsense.
Kreia