SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

phongn wrote:I think the MESS should show the world what a bloated defense budget can do :P
I've been doing that, in the South Seas. :D

Bean: I'm attending by video conference, but my Zepp is on approach and will land soon so I can join "in person" at any time.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Coyote wrote:
phongn wrote:I think the MESS should show the world what a bloated defense budget can do :P
I've been doing that, in the South Seas. :D

Bean: I'm attending by video conference, but my Zepp is on approach and will land soon so I can join "in person" at any time.
The meeting will hold till everyone gets here if needed.

I need to know who's physically in the room however so I can fluff up reactions.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

The chancellor himself of the Republic of N'ton will be attending, having arrived by small plane.
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

The backdate trick was originally for the tsunami. I had a scene planned were the Presidente is informed of the tsunami, he immediately calls an emergency cabinet meeting, then before doing anything else calls his broker, tells him to sell all his PetroAr stock (their oil and gas exploration operations were going to be wiped out) to the government and backdate the sale to yesterday, thus committing insider trading and misusing government funds for personal gain in a single stroke.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Adrian Laguna wrote:The backdate trick was originally for the tsunami. I had a scene planned were the Presidente is informed of the tsunami, he immediately calls an emergency cabinet meeting, then before doing anything else calls his broker, tells him to sell all his PetroAr stock (their oil and gas exploration operations were going to be wiped out) to the government and backdate the sale to yesterday, thus committing insider trading and misusing government funds for personal gain in a single stroke.
Adrian is truly from a south american banana republic. 8)
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ok, one person get your talking out, then I make my post.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

I'm there (flew in on one of my Electras, and I brought a spare).
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I'm here. Flew out supercruisin' in a YF-111.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I went ahead and put myself in there.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I diverted my Zepplin, I was heading for another place, also I should be badly bruised and dragging along a "Younger Me", getting into a fight with your Jungian Animas Persona/Evil Marty Stu can be taxing.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I diverted my Zepplin, I was heading for another place, also I should be badly bruised and dragging along a "Younger Me", getting into a fight with your Jungian Animas Persona/Evil Marty Stu can be taxing.
You'll get donuts

Edit-I'm edit my last post and preparing to post my statement, feel free to debate before I do so. There's a reason I called you all here.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Mr Bean wrote:Edit-I'm edit my last post and preparing to post my statement, feel free to debate before I do so. There's a reason I called you all here.
You know who the murderer is?

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

It was Mike Wong in the Green House with the pretzel!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Coyote wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:Edit-I'm edit my last post and preparing to post my statement, feel free to debate before I do so. There's a reason I called you all here.
You know who the murderer is?
Because it's one of those photo's you get to see where everyone stands around and signs a document. There good historical image.

Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

The Grand Duke of the Qudlivun Free State will be present at the conference and will be joined by a small staff from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The party will arrive by commercial air (probably to nearest airport, then charter jet to Atlantis).
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
The Yosemite Bear

Oh and I will be showing up with my erm, darkside

and as far as murder suspect, I've already got my alterego here in the flesh.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Mr Bean wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I need to know who's in the room, what world leaders are attending for the post after this one.
Ummm...everybody who has already been posting their peace negotiations?
If some nice person could go back through and count everyone up and who's attending in person I sure would love it.
I'm there for the MESS (though others are sending folks to back me up),
Shep is already there, Saddam's third son is there, Stas either is there or has reporters from Pravda there since he counter-proposed I'm going with he is there, Inhopal is there as is Alexander, PeZook and Shroom have been adding to the negotations so I assume they are here as well, Phong has added commentary but I don't know if he is physically there yet or making announcements en route.

That would sum up everyone who has been in actively on negotiating near as I can tell.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I've edited it, so everyone who matters is there

Beowulf again attends nothing! To busy being the God-Head I assume

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I'm here. In short, we'll not accept a nuclear control regime, and will defer to the UAR for the question of Neverhood and Libertia. The issues relating to the rest of the MESS-UAR conflicts are none of our concern in particular.

As noted before, the IRT has an active biodefence program and is not a signatory to the BW Convention. Inspectors will be permitted.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

phongn wrote:I'm here. In short, we'll not accept a nuclear control regime, and will defer to the UAR for the question of Neverhood and Libertia. The issues relating to the rest of the MESS-UAR conflicts are none of our concern in particular.

As noted before, the IRT has an active biodefence program and is not a signatory to the BW Convention. Inspectors will be permitted.
Well aren't you the picky little bastard. Christ even Saddamistan is willing to allow some form of minotring and/or inspections. Are you really willing to be the "more secretive than Saddam" guy?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
The Yosemite Bear

I read that "Inspectors WILL be permitted" greg, shakes head

of course in the game that would be difficult.

am I the only one reading posts?

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Well aren't you the picky little bastard. Christ even Saddamistan is willing to allow some form of minotring and/or inspections. Are you really willing to be the "more secretive than Saddam" guy?
What? I said I'd let inspectors in!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The IRT will soon face it's own choices.

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

phongn wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:Well aren't you the picky little bastard. Christ even Saddamistan is willing to allow some form of minotring and/or inspections. Are you really willing to be the "more secretive than Saddam" guy?
Its sounded in the IC thread like you were holding off on that when you said "Howver, the IRT will not be party to any nuclear inspections and control regime." Now in this thread you made the inspectors statement AFTER switching the conversation to bioweapons it appeared to me that you were leaving the nuclear discussion simply with the above quote from the in character thread. If you are willing to accept nuke AND bio inspectors but not nuke or bio disarmament that's a whole seperate thing as 1) I've never proposed nuclear disarmament only international inspections and monitoring and 2) The bioweapons thing is Stas' baby and I will let him run with that though I am in agreement.

-Kingdom of Heaven
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Hahaha. You tried to play "I'm not a signatory" card. But unlike Saddam, who is a great but secretive power (and it's program is not in the open) you just blew your cover, even if you "allow" inspectors. The IRT is a threat, just like we thought.
Last edited by K. A. Pital on 2008-06-03 11:01pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali