SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

and now I'm off for the night. ta ta
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Oh.

You face a coup and you leave? :)

EDIT: Shep, you're seriously going overboard. What kind of boosters do you even HAVE to lift 20-30 tons to orbit, praytell? NONE.

And don't you retcon it, you never declared you have any boosters, as far as I know, and Bean was overseeing the space booster development, construction and launch (you were only running nuclear planes and other funny stuff that you love).

More than that, Shep, you're saying you're lifing 20-30 tons into Medium Earth Orbit? Ha-ha-ha. :lol:

I expect the calculations to be shown here, what kind of booster did you use, and where your space launch complex is.

Bean, thanks for mediating. Also, throw KKVs on Shep's cosmodrome to prevent "Mr President" from execesses and retconning his diplomatic loss. :lol:
Last edited by K. A. Pital on 2008-06-03 11:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

MKSheppard wrote:and now I'm off for the night. ta ta
And Sheppard leaves the game for good
Stas Bush wrote:Oh.

He got his brains blow all over the room, that is technically leaving.

Speaking of which, after one last post, time for me to run to the store.
Time for me to run to the store
Last edited by Mr Bean on 2008-06-03 11:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Stas Bush wrote:Hahaha. You tried to play "I'm not a signatory" card. But unlike Saddam, who is a great but secretive power (and it's program is not in the open) you just blew your cover, even if you "allow" inspectors. The IRT is a threat, just like we thought.
Er, no, I was just being upfront that the IRT did not sign the BWC. The IRT biodefense program is not a secret organization, though obviously strict controls are in place.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!! Putting a SIG P226 to Shep's head and personally blowing his brains out?

I so did not see that coming. :shock:
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stas Bush wrote:Oh.

I'm tired mang. Sleep; and I'll answer the questions tomorrow.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

So what just happened? I'm at work now, so I can't check too often.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

So what just happened?
Shep was killed.

His 2nd in command refused to launch whatever offensive space weapons he had (and rightly so; Bean is presumably already targeting the cosmodromes, and since it takes around half and hour to ready rocketlaunchers... uh...).

Also, Shep never declared having any launch vehicles, so his "retaliation" abilities were dubious anyway.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Bean Said "No Nuclear war"

Shep Said "Fuck you, I'll fry everything in orbit!"

<Coup in Shepnukistan>

Bean Said "We've got you now, you are not President anymore"

<Shep Swears a lot>

<Bean Kills Shep>
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

the man who would have destroyed the world just to see it burn.
That's funny, as I recall the sequence of events, Shep backed down. The one who wanted to see the world burn was yours truly. Even then, the only part of the world burning would have been the MESS and UAR.

You don't have to arrange a coup for me, though, I still intend to overthrow my own government, it's just that I write very slow. My last post in the main thread took me 10 hours to write.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Adrian Laguna wrote:
the man who would have destroyed the world just to see it burn.
That's funny, as I recall the sequence of events, Shep backed down. The one who wanted to see the world burn was yours truly. Even then, the only part of the world burning would have been the MESS and UAR.

You don't have to arrange a coup for me, though, I still intend to overthrow my own government, it's just that I write very slow. My last post in the main thread took me 10 hours to write.
Oh you watch the hell out, in the interests of International cooperation if the Mess asks I'll sink your whole goddamn Navy in under ten minutes.

Stand by for last post.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

That's funny, as I recall the sequence of events, Shep backed down.
No, when faced, finally with the condemnation and alienation of the entier world, and the ultimatum from Bean who said he'd bombard Shep's airfields from orbit if he dares nuclear war (and Bean knows well the airfields and where they are, it's been only a few months since OMSK was dissolved), Shep said "I'm frying everything in orbit with 100 megaton warheads" - even though I don't recall Shep ever declaring any rocket boosters capable of shooting up 20-30 tons developed and built by Shep.

Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Alright, so Shep isn't playing anymore.

So what are going to agree about here? Saddamistan being more open and so forth?
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!! Putting a SIG P226 to Shep's head and personally blowing his brains out?

I so did not see that coming. :shock:
It was either that or something more drastic...
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

So what are going to agree about here? Saddamistan being more open and so forth?
Yeah, probably. Saddam turned out far more reasonable. He also never declared war on anyone. Which is an important formal point.

Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote:
Yeah, probably. Saddam turned out far more reasonable. He also never declared war on anyone.
And we can go about our merry way on our projects and cut back on defence funding.

By the way, I'm interested in buying transports. Do you have that link to that "brochure"? :P
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

By the way, I'm interested in buying transports. Do you have that link to that "brochure"?
Which brochure? Pardon... :)

Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote:
By the way, I'm interested in buying transports. Do you have that link to that "brochure"?
Which brochure? Pardon... :)
The post with all the Antonov transports. :P
Kreia
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I've presented my ultimated to Saddamstain. The UAR is gone, Shepnukstain is leaving the alliance and Sea-Skimmer is back to square one. Now he faces off against most of the world without OMSK to back up or divert attention from him.

I will however make no demands aside from the one, biological weapons ban treaty. I will make further requests down the line, but I will make only one demand. And that is the bio-weapon ban, and by Xenu, except for Saddamstain, I'm going to club every single fucker over the head in the world if I have to in order to great that treaty signed.

To Saddamstain however I will merely ask nicely will indicating the club I could possible use, but it will remain a friendly request between two great powers in the world.

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Assalti Frontali
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Did you have Shep's approval for his execution? He's really leaving? :wink: I guess playing without a thermonuclear war bored him :lol:

Assalti Frontali
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I'm guessing so. BTW how do you like my plan, feed the world, give them mindless entertainment, and some high minded entertainment, and turn everyone into sheep....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Stas Bush wrote:No, when faced, finally with the condemnation and alienation of the entier world, and the ultimatum from Bean who said he'd bombard Shep's airfields from orbit if he dares nuclear war (and Bean knows well the airfields and where they are, it's been only a few months since OMSK was dissolved), Shep said "I'm frying everything in orbit with 100 megaton warheads" - even though I don't recall Shep ever declaring any rocket boosters capable of shooting up 20-30 tons developed and built by Shep.
I was referring to his war against the MESS.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I was referring to his war against the MESS.
He started this war in the first place and did not rescind the declaration of war. Apparently he really got tired.

Assalti Frontali
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Mr Bean you know Alexander flew into the conference right? Or should I have him arrive presently?

A lot of people, President Raj Ahten in particlar would not be happy about you alone having your armed guards around in neutral territory, while we get none. (Not to mention gunning down Shep on the spot :shock: ).

Guess Treadstone will now become the national defense priority, given conventional systems would seem to be of little use.