SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

And that is all I've got to say about that.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

As for wars (which is what I presume Skimmer wants), it's entirely understandable that Global Thermonuclear War is not exactly what the people here want.

There is a massive war in Neverhood already, with the NVA and PAP, and Shepnukistan armor clashing constantly.

There was a war between MESS and Shep.

Want a new war? Provoke someone. Just remember to be precise in your posts (a lot of confusion arose from Coyote describing his attacks in a not exactly clear way).

Remember, we granted the Libertia issue to you (the Red Technocracy is willing to accept people messing there, just remember we have our own man Ramsley and attacking him means proxy war with us)...

I don't really get what all the whining is about. Sheppard wanted to essentially destroy our world, didn't he, and render it to worthless "my nationals starved today again. In 200 years, we will re-build our infrastructure to pre-war levels... uh... I'm probably also dead" posts for weeks into the future.

Maybe that was the problem, eh?
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

I don't really get what all the whining is about. Sheppard wanted to essentially destroy our world, didn't he, and render it to worthless "my nationals starved today again. In 200 years, we will re-build our infrastructure to pre-war levels... uh... I'm probably also dead" posts for weeks into the future.
Well, I just dislike getting brains on me. Call me irrational, but it irks me somehow.

Now, I have one more conspiracionous/intelligence subplot to wrap up, which will give some opportunity for various badass special forces to show off :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Well... this way was not certainly the best way to go about solving that issue. Bean revealing himself to be a Magnificent Bastard Bond villain and holding an actual-factual Sword of Damocles above us. Not JUST a Sword of Damocles, but a hundred binillion of them that can go, like, hypersonic from space and kill us all! He described his biggest weapons as being capable of leaving craters a kilometer wide, IIRC.

Definitely not conducive for the mental health of our beloved Shroomanian PM.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Well yeah. As for Bean's kinetic bombardment system - it's not invulnerable. But I'll leave it to the defending powers to devise realistic countermeasures. ;)

One hint, rockets and missiles rise too long from the ground. Ground-based missile ASAT = bad idea against this system.

Two, satellites lifted up there with explosives - most likely a war of sats and Ksats will occur, but for each KSAT you lift up, Bean can do so too, and aim his KSAT at your KSAT; destroying it somewhere out-range before initiating bombardment of Earth. Also, KSATs still need small range to be effective (around 1km here-there). Spaceborne space-to-space missiles are more effective,and yet better if they are guided. Spacefighters are a good carrier of such missiles.

A single Shuttle-type vehicle could carry so many space-to-space missiles that it could vape Bean's system at will.

Nuclear explosions in space from pre-launched satellites are also no guarantee and shitloads of problems: you're not gaining much offensive capability against earth, but spending tons of money to have a shot at neutralizing Bean's system (I won't be really amazed if Bean made some of the KV satellites coated with Faraday cages and additional reserve extractionable antennae in case main circuit is fried; as well as vacuum tubes instead of transistors).

My solution would be a comprehensive ASAT system with space- and land-based elements ;) of various type.

But I intend to duplicate Bean's system at some point; it's a good weapon overall. Expensive to launch but cheap to build.
Not JUST a Sword of Damocles, but a hundred binillion of them that can go, like, hypersonic from space and kill us all!
Read carefully Shroom. ;) I already hinted at how many kinetic bombs the system has. The rods need to be heavy to survive descent and have enough mass for a bomb strike, so each time he launches a rod carrier, he launches TONS of heavy metal into space.

Meaning he wastes a heavy booster; the heaviest KV bundles can only be launched on an Energia, which costs well over a hundred million BOOSTER ALONE, not counting all other systems, etc. etc. Boosters also take months to construct even for a prolific space nation ;)

In 3 years, you can't get thousands of launches - only dozens. A dozens of launches mean hundreds of vehicles. Sorry, can't tell much more ;)

Of course the heaviest weapons are heavy; why else would they be worth as a deterrent weapon? They are area-denial after all; like, megatons in yield.
Last edited by K. A. Pital on 2008-06-04 07:59am, edited 1 time in total.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

How about incredily powerful ground-based energy weapons?

You don't need to knock out the KVs, after all, just their command and control. I'm not sure how feasible it is to kill satellites 1000km up with lasers or microwave emitters or stuff.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

How about incredily powerful ground-based energy weapons?
You blew my cover ;) I was constructing a "Terra-3" laser complex exactly to that end. ;)

We won't even need to fry all of the complexes; only the C&C centers, on launch platforms which answer for the heaviest launches. ;) remember the launch platform has the guidance receiver, else it would notbe able to position the KVs and target them ;) so we fry the platform comms, and it's a dead hulk of metal.
I'm not sure how feasible it is to kill satellites 1000km up with lasers or microwave emitters or stuff
Pretty damn feasible; though the best would be a combination of maneuverable space stations armed with autocannons, space-to-space missiles, spatial fighters like the SPIRAL and Ground-based HELs like "Terra-3".

This system could very much work ;)

Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

And, of course, wide-scale deception and camouflage.

JASD is already spread out by defnition ; We should strive to mount as many different defences on mobile platforms as possible.

You can't hide heavy strategic bombers, but SAMs, ASMs and army units are very easy to "disappear" when tensions rise.

It's pretty ironic that the system can be partially defeated by painted wooden decoys and twigs, but hey...it worked for American bombs in Serbia :D

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Actually yes. Light mobile defenses, armor, and fast naval units are not to be seriously harmed by such a system.

Neither would mobile ballistic launchers, which I suggest we work on.

Oh, and the SCUD, despite cheapness and ease of production, is not the best ballistic missile here; too small a range. ;)

Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Oh, and the SCUD, despite cheapness and ease of production, is not the best ballistic missile here; too small a range. Wink
The SCUD is horribly obsolete, though - there are plenty of systems with much more range than that.

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Bean you shot a man in cold blood. I didn't like how shep was playing the game but the ability to run a coup d'etat and then shoot the former President without trial and when he was no longer a threat isn't justice its cold blooded murder.

Hows about the next time you try negotiating once everybody finally sitsdown at the table instead of waving your cool new toy about and threatening everybody. Sooner or later folks may wise up that although Shep just went away you just became the 800lb gorilla.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Not to mention, what’s with the lack of world outrage over Blackadder dangling weapons of mass destruction over everyone’s head? You all went nuts over a single mostly unsubstantiated report of Saddamistani bioweapons, but you just ignore all this and go on as usual?
Personally, I'm trying to play in-character, which means I'm a little stunned by the bizarre turn of events. A bit of inside-the-character thinking, too: in this case, Saddam is right-- what happened may indeed be perceived as solving a problem, but it's certainly not a "peace" conference, it's having terms dictated.

But both me as a player and as a character, I'm still trying to come to a response.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Lets just say that "Blackadders display did not have the desired effect" you have essentially alienated and turned against you a large portion of the world populance, and appeared to be a sociopathic bully to those who are in charge.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shep Noooooooooooooo! :lol:

This had to happen while i was away. :x
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Lets just say that "Blackadders display did not have the desired effect" you have essentially alienated and turned against you a large portion of the world populance, and appeared to be a sociopathic bully to those who are in charge.
Why do you think OMSK collapsed?

Anyhow, Stas, could you sell me the Brahmos blueprints?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Yosemite Bear

BTW fing as I stated earlier The BR is now constructing more underground farms, taking economic means, and are working on doing something strange. economically isolating and bankrupting the UKB. not with an overt blockade of boycot, but by offering cheap knock offs, and replacement systems. Also I may just start using the Rail launch system, but let anyone examine and see the open source specs of what I would be using. Not to mention as stated before, the Republic is building a fiber optic system that we are now streaching to our neighboring islands. here you go, 500 channels with internet, phones, secure communication and encryption. Of course since half my intel people want to do things a bit more drastic....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

You know, it's kind of frustrating to see how my representative is confronting UKB over something that so far we only saw two vague posts of mentioning in-game and everyone merrily leaves the conference to their New Year Vacation. :P

If it were reality it would seem that everyone knows or suspicious and are pretending they're not :lol: Kind of a mental victory for the UKB.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

The Yosemite Bear wrote:BTW fing as I stated earlier The BR is now constructing more underground farms, taking economic means, and are working on doing something strange. economically isolating and bankrupting the UKB. not with an overt blockade of boycot, but by offering cheap knock offs, and replacement systems. Also I may just start using the Rail launch system, but let anyone examine and see the open source specs of what I would be using. Not to mention as stated before, the Republic is building a fiber optic system that we are now streaching to our neighboring islands. here you go, 500 channels with internet, phones, secure communication and encryption. Of course since half my intel people want to do things a bit more drastic....
We have been experimenting with hydroponics for a while (well, we have a huge network of bunkers in the mountains). Anyhow, since my scientists are in Bear Republic, might as well organise some conferences to discuss possible sources of collaboration.

And yes.. the matter of UKB.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Yosemite Bear

just remember your scientists kids now have free "Bear Box" video game consols, no where near as violent as the content on the shroomstation, we went for the Wii approch. including an interface system that actually requires some degree of physical activity.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

The Yosemite Bear wrote:just remember your scientists kids now have free "Bear Box" video game consols, no where near as violent as the content on the shroomstation, we went for the Wii approch. including an interface system that actually requires some degree of physical activity.
Let's organise exchange programs for students of our universities? Good to let both sides interact and get to know each other. :P

And yeah, the trade minister should be arriving soon, along with representatives from companies like Constantinople Shipping, Constantinople Shipyards, Byzantium Food Supplies, and what not. SOme of the Biomedical institute guys who are in Bear Republic are also involved in some agricultural projects.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Goddamn! Shroomanian shitpop!

PeZook wins, mang.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ok I'm going to have to respond to a lot of posts that were made while I was asleep but three quick points.

1. SCORECARD has been deployed, countering it is impossible at this point as firing weapons at it will simply result in that part of the system executing it's built in firing program on the country in question. If Sheppard had for example fired nukes at it, it would have instead resulted in between sixty to two hundred KKV's following pre-built firing plans and leveling his remaining Naval forces and that is assuming the Arbiters don't engage and destroy his boosters ni time, considering the few number of rockets he could have on hand your talking about six KKV's per rocket.

2. The practicable cost of a SCORECARD system is cheap, roughly 23-58 million dollars in raw parts and assembly cost for the communication gear, the steel frame, the satellite itself. What jumps the system up to expensive is the VULKAN boosters which cost easily 200 million each.

However this cost is off-set by the fact that unlike the traditional military equipment the HISCO system which is part of SCORECARD is making a goodly profit, to the tune of two billion dollars a year in revenue from the fact that my KKV equipped satellite also doubles as a global communication device and satellite internet orbital.

This to me the beauty of the system, not only do I have a counter to conventional weapons(Fleets) nuclear weapons(Launchers) I also make money off the deal.

3. On Sheppard, your talking about a man who executed absolute control over his own country despite his title of "President" (Which was President for life FYI) had the control codes to many nuclear weapons and just ORDER A NUCLEAR ATTACK ON THE WORLD Oh poo, how come you had to kill the ruthless genocidal warmonger, we should have thrown him in prison and left him to rot.

Yeah... fucking... right, as noted the man was already convicted of his crimes in absentia(Not like they could fucking arrest him, he still had a loyal army behind him) by offing him in the conference room you prevent anything from happening like... oooh I don't know his senior military commanders threatening to nuke my country if I did not give up their leader? No coup attempt is perfect for criss sake and all it takes is one bomber to get a moving before the shit hits the fan the world over.

*EDIT:FYI Had my Gurkha's not been training in Shroomia at the time I could have done shit to stop Shroom-Sat. It's not like I maintain companies of elite commandos in all countries of the world ready to stop transmission.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I honestly don't remember you mentioning shipping Gurkhas to Shroomania :P

But, whatever. Maybe you did and I just missed it. Sometimes it's bloody hard to keep up to speed :(

EDIT:

Wait. Fuck. You've deployed the darts, the darts are outside of their launchers and are orbiting above the New World.

How can you un-deploy them? They certainly CAN'T go back inside their vehicles by themselves now, right?

We'll permanently have armed darts right over our heads!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Fingolfin_Nodor: Coilerburg desires to purchase two of your corvettes as part of its Great Mobilization and asks if you have any fleet logistics vessels available for sale as well.
Visitor of five museum ships.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Dudes did we ever finish that FUN conference?

Stas, Where is my ship? :D