SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Yeah, we kinda sorta did. Then World War nearly broke, so we all went "SHIT!"
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Coiler wrote:Fingolfin_Nodor: Coilerburg desires to purchase two of your corvettes as part of its Great Mobilization and asks if you have any fleet logistics vessels available for sale as well.
Hmm.. the Dromon corvettes? Sure, I can make them within a few months. Probably 4months and fully outfitted. By the way, what variant?

As for fleet logistics vessels, thus far, I modify an existing freighter to do the job. I had some old 2000 TEU vessels constructed just to carry fleet cargo around, or modified extensively to carry fuel. Lonestar apparently has fleet logistics specific vessels, but that depends on your needs.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Indhopal is sending aout feelers to the FUN to see if we can join up at this point, despite the Red technocracy's view of us as warlord enablers. Frankly going it alone is too dangerous at this time, and the FUN seems to be able to have a wide opinion base.

Question for the Shinra, just what sort of aid are you giving me with the mining project?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

We will have to discuss Indhopal's inclusion into the FUN. It is an issue of contention.

But we get Crossroadia! YES! :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Let it be known that i am against allowing Indhopal to join the FUN.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I think the reason why folks are pissed off is that you killed the guy in the supposedly "neutral" territory of Atlantis. Certainly, El Presidente will now never, ever, visit Atlantis again or make a state visit to the UKB, due to security considerations.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Hmm.. the Dromon corvettes? Sure, I can make them within a few months. Probably 4months and fully outfitted. By the way, what variant?

As for fleet logistics vessels, thus far, I modify an existing freighter to do the job. I had some old 2000 TEU vessels constructed just to carry fleet cargo around, or modified extensively to carry fuel. Lonestar apparently has fleet logistics specific vessels, but that depends on your needs.
What variant? The anti-ship variant.

The only criteria I ask of fleet logistics vessels is that they be capable of refueling other ships while both are underway.
Visitor of five museum ships.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Lonestar wrote:I think the reason why folks are pissed off is that you killed the guy in the supposedly "neutral" territory of Atlantis. Certainly, El Presidente will now never, ever, visit Atlantis again or make a state visit to the UKB, due to security considerations.
Same goes for the IRT - Bean just completely destroyed what makes Atlantis acceptable neutral ground.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Coiler wrote:What variant? The anti-ship variant.

The only criteria I ask of fleet logistics vessels is that they be capable of refueling other ships while both are underway.
Alright, I will supply 2 anti-ship variants. As for the fleet logistics vessels, I guess I could build you a copy of the container vessel design that I modified to refuel my own ships. Should cost about 30million. Slightly larger in size to the ISCA FCS vessel and also comes with some self-protection. Standard suite of weapons that a Constantinople Shipping vessel has, and also an isolated bridge that has bulkheads and what not that is an anti-piracy measure.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-06-04 11:22am, edited 1 time in total.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Coiler wrote:What variant? The anti-ship variant.

Alright, I will supply 2 anti-ship variants. As for the fleet logistics vessels, I guess I could build you a copy of the container vessel design that I modified to refuel my own ships. Should cost about 30million. Slightly larger in size to the ISCA FCS vessel and also comes with some self-protection.
I agree to this deal.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Alright, one Byzantine Fleet tender (which I base on a design I built a few in the first year. Yes, I neglected to say about it but my shipyards weren't idle in the first year or they'd be broke) and 2 Dromon class corvettes coming up.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

I'm looking to buy some submarines, but for the life of me I can't rememberwho is selling them. Prefferably I would like fuel cell designs.

Edit: I'd also like to purchase a few fighter aircraft from anyone who is selling.
From the IRT, I would like to upgrade my air defense system as much as possible.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2008-06-04 11:36am, edited 1 time in total.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Raj Ahten wrote:I'm looking to buy some submarines, but for the life of me I can't rememberwho is selling them. Prefferably I would like fuel cell designs.
Huh, are you referring to Air Independent Propulsion?

I do sell them, but they go for 590million. Scorpene class from the French. It's larger and more capable than most Diesels out there.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:I'm looking to buy some submarines, but for the life of me I can't rememberwho is selling them. Prefferably I would like fuel cell designs.

I do sell them, but they go for 590million. Scorpene class from the French. It's larger and more capable than most Diesels out there.
Yeah, I mean AIP. I was thinking along the lines of the German 212 class of submarine.

ALso I couls also use a couple of minesweepers. Military spending spree!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Wait. Fuck. You've deployed the darts, the darts are outside of their launchers and are orbiting above the New World.

How can you un-deploy them? They certainly CAN'T go back inside their vehicles by themselves now, right?

We'll permanently have armed darts right over our heads!
No they only last for two years before they start to decay, after that it's three to six years depending on size before they de-orbit on their own. Likley I'll simply slam them into my test range outside White sands or drop them in the ocean on the far side of the planet.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Mr Bean wrote:SCORECARD has been deployed, countering it is impossible at this point as firing weapons at it will simply result in that part of the system executing it's built in firing program on the country in question.
Bullshit. That would mean you have enough satellites to overfly every country at once. You only have 45 satellites, and unlike for radio transmissions, Rods from God need to be precisely maneuvered into place. For example, Shep can hit satellites approaching to buy enough time to launch his bombers to begin nuclear attack on the UKB.
2. The practicable cost of a SCORECARD system is cheap, roughly 23-58 million dollars in raw parts and assembly cost for the communication gear, the steel frame, the satellite itself. What jumps the system up to expensive is the VULKAN boosters which cost easily 200 million each.
Lets assume you have 200 KKVs in orbit (total) each massing three tons each. That's 600,000 kg worth of KKV. At the grossly unrealistic launch cost of $1000/kg, it will cost you $600 billion just to launch those rods. Except then we have the problem that you clearly have more in orbit, you haven't gotten launch costs down that low (Vulkan is a very sophisticated rocket), etc. Oops.

EDIT: Oh jesus, I can't do math today. That's such an absolutely embarrassing error there :oops:

And that's not it. Don't forget the development and assembly cost of the HISCO system itself (hundreds of millions or billions), the cost of the ground stations (lots). Oh, and the fact that you need an absolutely secure launch control system even tighter than that for SSBN and ICBM forces (many billions), fixed costs for running your space program - need I go on?
However this cost is off-set by the fact that unlike the traditional military equipment the HISCO system which is part of SCORECARD is making a goodly profit, to the tune of two billion dollars a year in revenue from the fact that my KKV equipped satellite also doubles as a global communication device and satellite internet orbital.
Basic launch cost estimation shows this to be an absolute fantasy.
On Sheppard, your talking about a man who executed absolute control over his own country despite his title of "President" (Which was President for life FYI) had the control codes to many nuclear weapons and just ORDER A NUCLEAR ATTACK ON THE WORLD Oh poo, how come you had to kill the ruthless genocidal warmonger, we should have thrown him in prison and left him to rot.
No he didn't. His launch order was to launch massive nuclear anti-satellite attempt against your constellation. If he was going that far, he probably should've began immediate strike plans against the UKB as well (since he was attacking a strategic weapons systems, and once one flies they all fly).
No coup attempt is perfect for criss sake and all it takes is one bomber to get a moving before the shit hits the fan the world over.
And in doing so you've completely destroyed the credibility of the UKB, Atlantis and any future grand conferences. Congratulations.
Last edited by phongn on 2008-06-04 02:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Raj Ahten wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:

Yeah, I mean AIP. I was thinking along the lines of the German 212 class of submarine.

I have Visbys with demagnetised steel for minesweepers.

That aside, German 212 class submarines are good, though sadly I offer Scorpene which is comparable (though the Germans somehow have awesome diving depth)
Kreia
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Raj Ahten wrote:From the IRT, I would like to upgrade my air defense system as much as possible.
We're always selling.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Frankly speaking it's a leap of faith that the international community would agree Atlantis to be neutral ground, and miss the point that Atlantis is running under Blackadder Constitution with such an article in it.

Or, if Atlantis isn't under UKB Constitution, such an act is really legal under neutral ground.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

phongn wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:From the IRT, I would like to upgrade my air defense system as much as possible.
We're always selling.
Cool. I'm looking to make my air defense a generally layered system with some redundancy. Unfortunately i must also do so on a buget of around $300 million a year for three years.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Huh, are you referring to Air Independent Propulsion?

I have Visbys with demagnetised steel for minesweepers.

That aside, German 212 class submarines are good, though sadly I offer Scorpene which is comparable (though the Germans somehow have awesome diving depth)
Wellits looking like I'll be buying from you, unless a better offer comes along. I'll probably be purchasing one minesweeper and one submarine a year for three years.

Yes, I am spending a shitload of money a defense for awhile. You wouldn't happen to be selling jets would you?
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

You could try Stas (if he's willing to sell to you.)

By the way, I'm selling you under the condition that the vessels are strictly for Indohpal defence. They should not end up in ProTec's hands.

I'll sell you the corvette for 100million. Hold off the submarine for a while. Maybe I might pour some research into a Type 212 and maybe I could rig it up by 1-2 years time (assuming we don't blow ourselves up again).

As for Jets, yes, I have specs for a modified F-15/F-16 courtesy of Byzantine Aeronautics collaboration with Shroomania and Shinra Republic. I have unmodified ones, F-18E/Fs and F-35Cs.

Note again, strictly for your defence only.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:You could try Stas (if he's willing to sell to you.)

By the way, I'm selling you under the condition that the vessels are strictly for Indohpal defence. They should not end up in ProTec's hands.

I'll sell you the corvette for 100million. Hold off the submarine for a while. Maybe I might pour some research into a Type 212 and maybe I could rig it up by 1-2 years time (assuming we don't blow ourselves up again).

As for Jets, yes, I have specs for a modified F-15/F-16 courtesy of Byzantine Aeronautics collaboration with Shroomania and Shinra Republic. I have unmodified ones, F-18E/Fs and F-35Cs.

Note again, strictly for your defence only.
What the hell would ProTec do with a submarine? All these Items are for Indhopal's defense. I'd be more worried about me buying a lot of AFV's or something like that. And Stas has pretty much said he dosn't even want to look at Indhopal, so I think any arms deals with him are off.

As far as the subs go, I'd be willing to buy what is availible now rather than wait on it. Though if you start producing 212 boats, I'd probably buy a couple of em. For jets, Short range F-18's are probably just what I need, though I'd go for F-15's or even F-35's if I can actually afford them.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Raj Ahten wrote:What the hell would ProTec do with a submarine? All these Items are for Indhopal's defense. I'd be more worried about me buying a lot of AFV's or something like that. And Stas has pretty much said he dosn't even want to look at Indhopal, so I think any arms deals with him are off.

As far as the subs go, I'd be willing to buy what is availible now rather than wait on it. Though if you start producing 212 boats, I'd probably buy a couple of em. For jets, Short range F-18's are probably just what I need, though I'd go for F-15's or even F-35's if I can actually afford them.
I would imagine that the corvettes might be useful for ProTec in terms of anti-piracy. My own nation uses a variant meant to kill Pirates (we don't take prisoners). I will build one Scorpene then. The only issue with these boats is the depth isn't as great as the Type 212.

That aside, state the number of F/A-18Es, and we will deliver them over the course of the year.
Kreia
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Well Bean if Shep can be convicted in abstentia then you can too.

We were sitting down to end the war and if you had been able to keep your meddling out of it then we might very well have been able to avert the whole thing. Instead you decided to kill a man who had already agreed to sit down at the negotiating table. More than that you replaced his government with one that better suis you. What happens when you run into a government in Langley or Mermadia, of Royal Rail Republic that you don't like? Are you going to assasinate their leaders and replace them with favorable ones? Are you going to invite them to a meeting under a flag of truce and kill them there?

I'm still debating whether I should completley ban imports or exports to the UKB but since I'm probably (by virtue of lcoation and the disassociation of OMSK) supplying a large portion of your vaccinations and medicines I probably won't because it obviously won't affect you but will affect your average citizenry.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven