SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I have F-18s for $50 million. With custom paintjobs. AND Shroomanian TOP GUN pilot training.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

I motion the place of neutrality is the Bear Republic. I would rather be protected by FUN than by the UKB.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

The shitpop is (actually, was) an internal classification of the PeZookian Advisory Board For Classification of Music.

These fine gents went with the assumption that every mainstream genre has two kinds of music in in: shit and not-shit. So, since the Board wasn't exactly composed of the sharpest tools in the shed, they started classifying music as: pop or shitpop, rap or shitrap, soul or shitsoul, etc.

Some artists took the labels and embraced them as a sort of "fuck you" to the board.

Then idiot copycats did that, too, except not out of artistic considerations, but because it was cool.

So now there's good shitpop and an overwhelming amount of shitty shitpop. The Board has been very careful lately to avoid interviews, where journalists would surely ask embarassing questions.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I have F-18s for $50 million. With custom paintjobs. AND Shroomanian TOP GUN pilot training.
The Republic of Mangka would like to purchase 12 of them.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:I have F-18s for $50 million. With custom paintjobs. AND Shroomanian TOP GUN pilot training.
Hey, it's not like I can't match the deal. You are also MESS aren't you? Not least, I'm thinking of getting rid of some of mine to replace with F-35Cs.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

BTW, I'll be gone for some hours. You know - life and all.

*cue Indiana Jones theme*

...please don't tell the PeZookians. They'd be pretty pissed :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

I'm sleeping as well.

Happy drinking at the PeZookian embassy.
Kreia
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

phongn wrote:
Lonestar wrote:I think the reason why folks are pissed off is that you killed the guy in the supposedly "neutral" territory of Atlantis. Certainly, El Presidente will now never, ever, visit Atlantis again or make a state visit to the UKB, due to security considerations.
Same goes for the IRT - Bean just completely destroyed what makes Atlantis acceptable neutral ground.
yup!

oh and no problems other then I'm sure that his merchant marine is discovering the joys of dock workers who while they may not be unionized are probably not happy about those baseball refrences hanging over their head. "Sorry I'm on my coffee break until next week"

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:
Hey, it's not like I can't match the deal. You are also MESS aren't you? Not least, I'm thinking of getting rid of some of mine to replace with F-35Cs.
LOL alright, I'll buy them from you instead.

Sorry Shroom :P [Parallel Universe]My Minister of Foreign Affairs managed to scrape a sample of Shep's blood from Atlantis. Interested?[/Parallel Universe]
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:I'm sleeping as well.

Happy drinking at the PeZookian embassy.
Oh, I'm not going to sleep.

King Paul I is gonna go see the new Indiana Jones movie ;)

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

I think I'm going to purchase 6 F-18's from Shroomania. I am trying to join the FUN after all :wink:

Otherwise it is a minesweeper and a sub a year from Byzantium, and air and missile defense stuff from the IRT.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You can sign a non-aggression pack with the FUN and a mutual defense treaty, I guess.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

We honestly can't sell you all that much stuff since your budget is so small, though :( Maybe get you some MEADS SAMs (joint development with Tian Xia), get some THAAD for missile defense and tie it together.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Indhopal is a neighbor of Shroom. A mutual defense pact (haha, mutual :P) with Shroomania taking Indhopal under its defensive wing will ensure that any assholes coming to kill Indhopal from the north would get some SAF problems.

AND if Indhopal strikes good with its deal with Shinra, you could do the same with Shinra, Raj. Shroomania protects you from the north, Shinra protects you from the south! Hooray!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear

BTW busy today and tomarrow.

got to leave early for an 11am appointment tomarrow.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Bear, who are those guys lighting off flares in the sea, that were watching the South Seas War? My hydrofoil squadron would have retrieved them, thinking they were from the freighter.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Yosemite Bear

the Crew of one of my GEV/Hydrofoil equivalents. They've been stuck on an Island in Adrianopolis since they lucked out and didn't die during the Tsunami, Currently the've been eating Bear Republic emergency Rations mixed with what they could forage after the Tsunami for weeks.

They were on an anti-piracy patrol, when their squadron was wiped out by the Tsunami

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I think that it would be for the best if, due to the shock of the moment, no one really saw Shroom eat those brain-stained donuts. Cause, mang, that was really disturbing.

Goddamn Shroom.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

phongn wrote:For example, Shep can hit satellites approaching to buy enough time to launch his bombers to begin nuclear attack on the UKB.
Bullshit. I already detailed the rocket rise time. Also, with engines on the KV it's possible to launch from a non-perfect inc.
Except then we have the problem that you clearly have more in orbit, you haven't gotten launch costs down that low (Vulkan is a very sophisticated rocket), etc. Oops.
What's that bullshit? I can give calculations on Bean's system.
Basic launch cost estimation shows this to be an absolute fantasy.
What? Lifting 175 tons into orbit is good enough.

I'll deal with that later on.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

Off topic: anyone have any idea what it would cost to deploy the S-300F (similar to the setup on the Slava-class Cruisers) in hardened bunkers (plus a storage bunker or two for extra ammo)? I prefer the navalized version of the system since they're designed to launch from vertical launch systems.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

Nevermind. The Wikipedia article has the price a couple of countries paid for the S-300PMU-1/2 and I may just go with them eventually. Anyone building those and at what price per battery?
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You do not want Saddamistan going into your land and ruining your defense program because you have a long-ranged rocket. Remember when Saddamistan ruined Zoria's space ambitions because of its close proximity?

Qudlivun is in a nasty position and I don't think any SAM system can stop Saddamistan from wiping you out with artillery (as in cannons). It is a horrible position.

But Qudlivun is not a high-priority target. Nations like Vulpesia, N'ton, even the Shadow Empire (for all its ambitions of god-emperorhood) are less likely to be struck down in any impending future war.

I know it's a lousy prospect, but when worse comes to worse, they'll be gunning for me and Stas when it gets to that stage.

And I think the FUN Fund can make some allotments that will allow all of us agreeable toys for our defense forces ;)
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

Our military is entirely defensive which is why we haven't invested in purely offensive systems (such as MBT or long range artillery). If he has a problem with me he can contact us but I'm not going to let my shores go undefended with the threat of war looming over our heads on a weekly basis.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Stas Bush wrote:Bullshit. I already detailed the rocket rise time. Also, with engines on the KV it's possible to launch from a non-perfect inc.
He's dealing with a lot more stress if he starts inclining his rockets, IIRC, if he's trying that, but I'll concede there.
What's that bullshit? I can give calculations on Bean's system.
I have never seen launch costs below $1000/kg in any system. Even semi-reusable, designed for mass-production rockets like Falcon haven't hit that goal. Saturn V cost billions per launch. Astronautix indicates that Energia's flyaway cost $764 million 1985 dollars (or ~$1.5 billion present-day dollars).

EDIT: Ah, crap, I made an elementary error in my math :oops:, apologies to Stas and Bean. That said, I still expect him to be paying a small fortune in launch costs to hurl all those satellites up. If each HISCO has 5x3T rods, he'll need at least 675T of launch load just for those, ignoring other costs.
What? Lifting 175 tons into orbit is good enough.
That's LEO launch, IIRC.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Now is the night of the NINJA! :twisted:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!