SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Yea, bad taste killing a person, even an atomic war fanatic, in the analogue of the UN Hall :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I wonder how wanked I really could make Necropolis, the land of the Drug Dealers, pirates, and various "Damnned" characters....

I mean I already have Major Anton formerly of Alexandria Libertopia, Admirial Gere formerly of the Bear Republic, Dr. Henry Lime (formerly of hte Bear Republic), Maximillian Roarke (unknown, Drug Dealer, would be very bad guy (Tony Montana meets James Bond Villian), and possibly "Prince Nobody" who hasn't been heard from in years...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Ugh, My damn power went out last night now I got to catch up. Pezook, can some ProTec contractors be involved in foiling the coup? Maybe a few of them were guarding something or doing a security assessment or so on.

Back to the arms deal. Turns out the Shinra Republic has 212's already under production. So its going to be subs from the Shinra Republic, Minesweepers from Byzantium, and aircraft from Shroomania. AND attampts to get defensive pacts with Shroomania and the Shinra. As far as $300 million for air defensegoes, it'll have to do.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Raj Ahten wrote:Ugh, My damn power went out last night now I got to catch up. Pezook, can some ProTec contractors be involved in foiling the coup? Maybe a few of them were guarding something or doing a security assessment or so on.
Well, the perpetrators of the coup are actually a bunch of rich industrial moguls who don't like losing millions of dollars due to PeZookian taxes.

At least one of them probably lives in Indophal. It will certainly improve relations if it's ProTec who brings him in after a badass special operation :D

Yeah, this entire plotline is an opportunity for people to show off their cool special units and spying secret agent mangs ;)

EDIT: Oh, and...Scruffy The Janitor's lost brother? Dum-de-dum!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
The Yosemite Bear

Like I said, I do have glider troops that can be dropped from Zepplins. just for the fun of it, Bear Republic Commandos, with P90s, and gyrojet rifles...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Like I said, I do have glider troops that can be dropped from Zepplins. just for the fun of it, Bear Republic Commandos, with P90s, and gyrojet rifles...
We'll use them when making a shitty documentary to air on ShroomSatTV on prime time :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

PeZook wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:Ugh, My damn power went out last night now I got to catch up. Pezook, can some ProTec contractors be involved in foiling the coup? Maybe a few of them were guarding something or doing a security assessment or so on.
Well, the perpetrators of the coup are actually a bunch of rich industrial moguls who don't like losing millions of dollars due to PeZookian taxes.

At least one of them probably lives in Indophal. It will certainly improve relations if it's ProTec who brings him in after a badass special operation :D

Yeah, this entire plotline is an opportunity for people to show off their cool special units and spying secret agent mangs ;)

EDIT: Oh, and...Scruffy The Janitor's lost brother? Dum-de-dum!
How about if one of 'em has a compound in Terra Libertopia? No one would look for him there......

Except for ProTec that is, who have a certain expertese in that region.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2008-06-05 10:34am, edited 1 time in total.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Can we clone him? Useful genes should not be wasted. *informs field agents to grab a sample of the DNA*
Well, he's dog food now.

*rimshot*

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all night!
Not good enough. I got his finger!
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

I believe it's time that the Shepnukistan Civil war got a bit hotter. :twisted:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

MKSheppard wrote:I believe it's time that the Shepnukistan Civil war got a bit hotter. :twisted:
No nukes please.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Gentlemen...a crucially important question must be answered:

Link
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
The Yosemite Bear

PeZook wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Like I said, I do have glider troops that can be dropped from Zepplins. just for the fun of it, Bear Republic Commandos, with P90s, and gyrojet rifles...
We'll use them when making a shitty documentary to air on ShroomSatTV on prime time :D
Why not they all have minicams standard equipment.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I think it would be cool if we had an inter-MESS and FUN military exercise (I've always wanted to take a part in your CROSSHAIRS activities).

I mean, those Shinra Rangers and PeZookians are pretty cool with the whole airborne thing, Shroomania could learn a lot from that.

Canissia has just kicked Adrianpolis' naval ass.

Shroomania did do urban warfare and anti-piracy ops in Syndromia, and the Mushroom Marines were probably the most gung-ho killy of the lot.

There's the gay SAF TOP GUN fighter training, of course.

And the beach volleyball :wink:

We could do it in the Shadow Empire, since Shady's crew have also been kicking asses. He has frickin' commissars! The Baernes and the Gotts (and their goddamn BAMFs who were fire-tested in the civil war back then, the Gottland Gorefest) could come in and have a go as well.

The Bears too. Didn't Bear say that aside from a cadre of suicide squad convicts led by vampire hunter Kurt Russel, his army was composed of the Hollywood action-cliche troopers? :D
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-06-05 05:02pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom, thats a great idea. :D
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

And goddamn it, King Paul is a badass! He's gonna land on his commercial airplane (heheh) and walk out and stride into the rubble and ruin and have a badassed press conference!

[Then he's casually gonna tell his would-be assassins and those who conspired to kill him, live on ShroomSatTV, what for.]

Hay PeZook, want a BAM A380 to make your own private royal plane?
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear

well before every thing went offline I was going to admit again, that yes my army is 100% action movie cliche, and every soldier has a helmet camera, and every weapon is there because it looks good, not because of reliability. (hence the predominace of untested designs and stargate P90s) and the body armour they wear is the exact same stuff as in Starship Troopers and Firefly.

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:And goddamn it, King Paul is a badass! He's gonna land on his commercial airplane (heheh) and walk out and stride into the rubble and ruin and have a badassed press conference!

[Then he's casually gonna tell his would-be assassins and those who conspired to kill him, live on ShroomSatTV, what for.]
You know what...I think I'll do just that.

Right after giving the RIS the go-ahead to start, uh, "arresting" the guys they had staked out. So that they can explain themselves properly.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Hay PeZook, want a BAM A380 to make your own private royal plane?
I don't know yet ; Spending 300 mil on what is basically a somewhat-useful pimped out ride seems a bit wasteful :D

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

About these asholes that tried to kill you Pezook, you going to post bounties on them or some such? Otherwise ProTec really won't know who you're ,looking for unless you tell them or their analysts perform a grandest feat of intelligence guesswork ever.

Given the debacle that was their coup, many of the industrialists may flee to a compound in Libertopia.....
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Why do I get the feeling that when all is said and done, Major Kulinsky will probably find himself becoming Podpułkownik (Lieutenant Colonel) Kulinsky? :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

DarthShady wrote:Shroom, thats a great idea. :D
I quite agree.

Incidentally, Darth Shady, I think I missed the actual type of firearm your domestic arms factory produces. The Baernish Army finds itself in need of new guns; perhaps you could help?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
The Yosemite Bear

I just thought of a bad beurocratic fuck-up on the "Bear Republic" Redshirts. The mission planners have decied to issue all the name "Badger", so we will be a FUN Marine and Kurt Russel's Snake short of an internet meme that most of us have repressed.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Hey Shroom, can you handle 2/3 of the order I handed out to BAM? I'll handle the rest. Delivery over the next 2 years.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Master_Baerne wrote:
DarthShady wrote:Shroom, thats a great idea. :D
I quite agree.

Incidentally, Darth Shady, I think I missed the actual type of firearm your domestic arms factory produces. The Baernish Army finds itself in need of new guns; perhaps you could help?
I got to plug my own designs. ProTec subsidiaries produce high end weapons designed with input from operators. Completely new weapons; the flagship design is a bullpup assault rifle. Not cheap though.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Hey Shroom, can you handle 2/3 of the order I handed out to BAM? I'll handle the rest. Delivery over the next 2 years.
Sure!

Hrm, it would be cool if PeZook issues a bounty. BOUNTY HUNTERS!

John Baylor: No disintegrations!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Hey Shroom, can you handle 2/3 of the order I handed out to BAM? I'll handle the rest. Delivery over the next 2 years.
Sure!

Hrm, it would be cool if PeZook issues a bounty. BOUNTY HUNTERS!

John Baylor: No disintegrations!
If you don't mind me, I'll go clone SNAKE. :lol:
Kreia