SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Raj Ahten wrote:About these asholes that tried to kill you Pezook, you going to post bounties on them or some such? Otherwise ProTec really won't know who you're ,looking for unless you tell them or their analysts perform a grandest feat of intelligence guesswork ever.

Given the debacle that was their coup, many of the industrialists may flee to a compound in Libertopia.....
Yeah, I have something in mind for ProTec to do.

More in a couple of hours :D
RogueIce wrote:Why do I get the feeling that when all is said and done, Major Kulinsky will probably find himself becoming Podpułkownik (Lieutenant Colonel) Kulinsky?
Yeah...talk about being in the right (wrong?) place at the right (wrong?) time :D

He hates field command, though ; But his intelligence work probably earned him a promotion anyway, since it was an op organized by him which warned everybody of the possibility of a coup in the first place, and identified the people responsible.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

How about acid baths?

just imainging a "Cleaner" based on someone's character in La Femme Nikita

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

A janitor, you mean? Looks like a job for Scruffy!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear

no, I mean a jean reno assassin who disposes of bodies via hydrochloric acid.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

The SOS Brigade is interested in helping out ProTec and the PeZookian government with further investigations. They aren't going to be mobilized and sent out only to be forced to return home when they find out Shinra's done their job for them. They need something to do, and if they have to dump acid on enemies of world peace, then so be it.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
The Yosemite Bear

Oh and the Super collider continues as normal, oh and the big ship I'm constructing is "The Glomar Explorer"

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:The SOS Brigade is interested in helping out ProTec and the PeZookian government with further investigations. They aren't going to be mobilized and sent out only to be forced to return home when they find out Shinra's done their job for them. They need something to do, and if they have to dump acid on enemies of world peace, then so be it.
:D

Okay, I'll include the SOS brigade in the "taking out the trash" game posts.

Shroom, did you catch the throwaway line about Scruffy's lost brother? :)

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Yep. Man, the FIA is such an organization of loons.

Hey, mention some FIA badassery as well. OR the Fungal Bureau of Investigation going "FBI FREEZE FUCKER!"
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Oh and the Super collider continues as normal, oh and the big ship I'm constructing is "The Glomar Explorer"
How ambitious are you with the project? In theory, as per that paper url I posted up some... last discussion thread, we could go with some exotic and more powerful superconducting magnet, but it drives up the costs quite a fair bit. The ones I supplied are the ones they are using with the LHC setup I believe.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Aaaand...done. The clean-up is almost over.

Now to get going on peaceful pursuit. Less guns, less bombs, more FUN!

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That was really cool. Who's the fifth one they didn't get?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:That was really cool. Who's the fifth one they didn't get?
John Fleming, maker of hygiene products. He disappeared, since Raj wanted something for ProTec to do. Then there's one so-far unknown traitor left to handle.

I think tomorrow, we can get started on planning the FUN Space Programs and what to buy with the joint defence fund :D

And the Olympics! The Olympics,man!

WE ARE GONNA WIN!!!

BTW, how did you like Mike McMikey, an Fresh Reporter Obviously Ill-Suited To His Job But Held There Because His Dad Owns 20% Of The Station? :D

Decue
Padawan Learner

Post by Decue »

Master_Baerne wrote:
DarthShady wrote:Shroom, thats a great idea. :D
I quite agree.

Incidentally, Darth Shady, I think I missed the actual type of firearm your domestic arms factory produces. The Baernish Army finds itself in need of new guns; perhaps you could help?
Hey, you can buy your own cheap AK47 knock-offs from me. Or custom paintjob G3:s with aimpoint, but they are way more expensive ;)
I might also have a warehouse full of whatever weapon Shady manufacturers liberated under the Shadow Civil War :D
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I like Mike. Goddamn, man. Shroomania is full of fruitcakes! :lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I like Mike. Goddamn, man. Shroomania is full of fruitcakes! :lol:
You can't spell "Shroomania" without "mania"!

EDIT: BTW, Rogue found an awesome picture:

PeZookian airmobile trooper Kamila Swieta, during training in the Shinra Republic

Chicks with AKs, man ;)

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Master_Baerne wrote:
DarthShady wrote:Shroom, thats a great idea. :D
I quite agree.

Incidentally, Darth Shady, I think I missed the actual type of firearm your domestic arms factory produces. The Baernish Army finds itself in need of new guns; perhaps you could help?
I produce Russian stuff.

Here is the list:

Assault rifles:AN-94, AEK-971

Machine guns:Kord Machine Gun, PECHENEG Machine Gun

Other:PP-19 BIZON-2 Sub-Machine Gun, AGS-30 Automatic Grenade Launcher, OTs-33 PERNACH Automatic Pistol, GSh-18 Pistol, and other stuff...
The Yosemite Bear

Ok I think I just topped the scales in black humour and most inappropreate products of 2011.

yes, a scuicide bomber vest, that's primarilly a metal and kevlar body armour, with a geletin explosive charge that detonates on a deadman switch linked to a bio-monitor. YES it means Mutual Assured Destruction Vest, or a reference to the sanity of anyone who would wear one. if they come up with a suitcase nuke version called the Shep Solution in about a year we really have to watch out for our insane industrialist population...
Last edited by The Yosemite Bear on 2008-06-06 07:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Ok I think I just topped the scales in black humour and most inappropreate products of 2011.
Are you MAD? :lol:

Baerne, i forgot to mention you get a discount for being a FUN member. :wink:
The Yosemite Bear

Should we all be really thankful that shep didn't pull a Raven from Snowcrash?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Crash
Dmitri "Raven" Ravinoff
An Aleut native who works as a mercenary. His preferred weapons are glass knives — undetectable by security systems and reputed to be molecule-thin at the edges — and glass-tipped throwing spears. He travels on a motorcycle whose sidecar has been replaced with a hydrogen bomb that will automatically detonate if his brain ceases to emit electrical impulses. Raven has the phrase "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" tattooed on his forehead, a sign of being arrested for some violent crime at least once in his life. His stated goal in life is to "nuke America" in retaliation for the historical treatment by America of native Aleutians, such as using their lands for nuclear testing (e.g., at Amchitka). His combination of fighting ability, conscienceless killing, and personal nuclear umbrella prompt Stephenson to refer to Raven in his introduction as "the baddest motherfucker in the world".

The Yosemite Bear

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Oh and the Super collider continues as normal, oh and the big ship I'm constructing is "The Glomar Explorer"
How ambitious are you with the project? In theory, as per that paper url I posted up some... last discussion thread, we could go with some exotic and more powerful superconducting magnet, but it drives up the costs quite a fair bit. The ones I supplied are the ones they are using with the LHC setup I believe.
I'm a superpower, which is more interested in trade, and food production and movie production. My people suffer from Ferret shock, we will do things in the most expensive, over complicated way possible because WE CAN

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Had to have some Mark Cuban love in there, for those of us who are familiar with the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
The Yosemite Bear

I just want to see someone do a "You can't kill me, do you know who the fuck I am motherfuckers," tony montana thing...

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

DarthShady wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Ok I think I just topped the scales in black humour and most inappropreate products of 2011.
Are you MAD? :lol:
Very good.

Baerne, i forgot to mention you get a discount for being a FUN member. :wink:[/quote]

Excellent. I'll be wanting...hmm, sufficient equipment for fifteen regiments, five amphibious, four armored, and six motor rifle. By "equipment", I mean small arms; I've already got the tanks, landing craft and such. However much that costs is fine (up to a point); I've not got a whole lot else to spend it on.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

Alright, there is no way I am going to keep on top of this for the next week or so, with intermittent internet availability and my schedule with flying research out of Ellington Field in Houston, TX (pics later). It's not like you expect me to drop in often, but I will be completely unable to stay current for, at minimum, the next week and a half.
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Coilerburg is facing its own version of Disco Demolition Night....

:P [/url]
Visitor of five museum ships.