Back From Buffalo/Tonawanda New York-56k bugger off

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Back From Buffalo/Tonawanda New York-56k bugger off

Post by Zed Snardbody »

The statues at Las Vegas on my way out.

Me and out the window. Ted is a nice airline, but I'm not made to fly, 6'4" + economy, not my friend.

We stopped first at Forrest Lawn one of the largest geometries in the country. My seem like an odd place for a tourist stop but its really beautiful.

Naval Park

The Marine Corps and Seabess Memorials

Random ones of us and the kitties

For those Americans who may have heard the rumor yes Canadians do purchase milk in backs, not jugs or cartons.

The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Some excellent statues, you're great at taking self portraits (It's the beard probably :P) and cool Fallout shelter sign. Did you go inside the ship or the USMC structure? (Also, the random shots might have been better in another thread, there are quite a few pics here already :wink: )
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

DEATH wrote:Some excellent statues, you're great at taking self portraits (It's the beard probably :P) and cool Fallout shelter sign. Did you go inside the ship or the USMC structure? (Also, the random shots might have been better in another thread, there are quite a few pics here already :wink: )
The USMC is just a stand alone with a wall behind it with names and busts. Unfortunately for us, the ships do give tours but we arrived to late that day and didn't get to go it. They also have a sub there but I couldn't manage to get any good shots of it.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Did you get any photos of the architecture in Buffalo? It's always struck me just how much gorgeous architecture is concentrated in that city. I've gone on random walks with Cairber up there just looking for interesting buildings, and never been disappointed.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Not yet, I'm going back hopefully in a few weeks and we'll have more time in the city this trip rapidly turned from I want to show you the city to, lets just be together. Terribly romantic but lacking in good pictures.

Buffalo is beautiful though as is Toronto, Buffalo reminded me very much of parts of Los Angeles but more classical, very proper compared to LA's relaxed feel I guess is the best way to describe it.

Toronto needs some fucking parking.