SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hey, try pitching this joint military exercise thing to Shinra, will ya? :)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Hey, try pitching this joint military exercise thing to Shinra, will ya? :)
I wouldn't mind joining actually. Though my carrier will be a bit understrength with regards to aircraft but they will manage.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Hey, try pitching this joint military exercise thing to Shinra, will ya? :)
Oh...sure thing, mang! :)

Also, we've got...an upcoming ISCA vote! Yay!

There are two main issues on the ballot:

1) Wilkonia's accession to the ISCA, and

2) Byzantium's accession (tied to Wilkonia's)

I think a simple majority will do.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Time to ask about some Diplomatic issues. Indhopal is looking to get defense agreements, or at least non aggression pacts, with its neighbors Shroomania and the Shinra Republic. It’s been talked about before (by me anyway), so lets get back to it now.

Also, as part of Indhopal's new energy program, the government is sending out feelers to other nations about possible assistance in building a nuclear reactor.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Raj Ahten wrote:Time to ask about some Diplomatic issues. Indhopal is looking to get defense agreements, or at least non aggression pacts, with its neighbors Shroomania and the Shinra Republic. It’s been talked about before (by me anyway), so lets get back to it now.

Also, as part of Indhopal's new energy program, the government is sending out feelers to other nations about possible assistance in building a nuclear reactor.
How much power you are looking at? It's about 1billion for a 1.2 MWe reactor. Better to stick at 1.2MWe as I just read that there's a 5 billion 1.6MWe reactor with all the bells and whistles being constructed in Finland. The usual safety features included.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shroomania is awesome with nuclear reactors. We built Shep a nuclear ship before he kicked the bucket.

PeZook has suggested that I develop more stuff, so I guess we can have these things be in development:
PeZook wrote:1) Mobile containerized nuclear reactor: a low power (20 something megawatt or so) reactor units which can fit, along with a small power generating plant, in a single container. It would be a replacement for diesel generators (or small powerplants...) everywhere.

2) Individual home reactor: A nuke unit to install in an apartment building. A self-contained unit similar to proposal 1, which would provide power and heating to an entire block of flats.

3) Nuclear locomotives: self-explanatory. A train locomotive with a 30-year life without refuelling, not needing any electric traction? Why not? (The Rail Republic will love that one...)

4) Floating nuke powerplants: like the Russian design. A barge with a self-contained power plant on it. Just anchor it where needed and plug it in.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

20 or so Megawatt? That's way too big!

Any how, at the top of the line I have an FBR reactor rated at 1.6 GWe running now.

By the way, Shroom, did Bear say anything about the Fusion project?
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-06-12 04:45am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

So, you'll be selling off your old Halifaxes, eh? How much do they go for?

And while I'm on the subject of Coilerburg/Byzantium arms trade, what kinds ground vehicles/weapons does Byzantium have for sale, if any?
Visitor of five museum ships.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Coiler wrote:So, you'll be selling off your old Halifaxes, eh? How much do they go for?

And while I'm on the subject of Coilerburg/Byzantium arms trade, what kinds ground vehicles/weapons does Byzantium have for sale, if any?
Yes, I'm selling them for 50 million each. 6 of them are up for sale.

I have T-90s, BMP-3s and BTR-90s in my stock that I can get rid off. Most of them are reserves as I kept my factories running at low out put just to ensure they are still working. I can build S-300s, Buk-M1-1s. What do you have in mind?
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I have Challenger 2 (British tanks) for sale as well as M113 APCs and Warrior IFVs and they're at a discount since Shroomania downsized its Mushroom Military.

We also have F-18s.

As for Bear's fusion project... he didn't really say much.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Raj Ahten wrote:Time to ask about some Diplomatic issues. Indhopal is looking to get defense agreements, or at least non aggression pacts, with its neighbors Shroomania and the Shinra Republic. It’s been talked about before (by me anyway), so lets get back to it now.
We can do a non-aggression pact pretty easy. Mutual defense is also likely but we'll do three-way "talks" with Shroomania (basically if Shroom Man says yes to an MDA, we'll say yes too).
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:As for Bear's fusion project... he didn't really say much.
I take it we ares till working on this?
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:20 or so Megawatt? That's way too big!
It was a typo ;)

Though I only catched it now ;)

Anyway, what do people think of those?

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:20 or so Megawatt? That's way too big!
It was a typo ;)

Though I only catched it now ;)

Anyway, what do people think of those?
A home reactor might not be particularly advisable, especially when an accident could lead to a coolant lead etc.

A train sounds plausible though there's a question of whether the existing tracks can accommodate the weight of the reactor.

Floating nuclear powerplants? The Russians are working on it, so yes, it's perfectly possible.
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Yes, I'm selling them for 50 million each. 6 of them are up for sale.

I have T-90s, BMP-3s and BTR-90s in my stock that I can get rid off. Most of them are reserves as I kept my factories running at low out put just to ensure they are still working. I can build S-300s, Buk-M1-1s. What do you have in mind?
I'd have to know how much they cost. How much would you be willing to sell 24 T-90s and a hundred BTR-90s for?

As for the frigates, I'm still undecided.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: A home reactor might not be particularly advisable, especially when an accident could lead to a coolant lead etc.
This is why we use a reactor where the coolant also serves a neutron moderator - this means that as the coolant leaks out, the reaction slows down as neutron become too fast to split atom cores :D

And, of course, automated sensors immediately call a servicing team.

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:A train sounds plausible though there's a question of whether the existing tracks can accommodate the weight of the reactor.
Of course. It's an engineering problem.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Coiler wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Yes, I'm selling them for 50 million each. 6 of them are up for sale.

I'd have to know how much they cost. How much would you be willing to sell 24 T-90s and a hundred BTR-90s for?

As for the frigates, I'm still undecided.
I guess at fire sale prices, a T-90 is about 1 million with spare parts, training for servicing, and maybe some training for tankers.

I'm not too sure how much a BTR-90 would cost though. I guess about half that.

I might consider phasing out the BTR-90 in favour of something tougher in the future. Though I wonder if Bean would get around with that AFV of his.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: A home reactor might not be particularly advisable, especially when an accident could lead to a coolant lead etc.
This is why we use a reactor where the coolant also serves a neutron moderator - this means that as the coolant leaks out, the reaction slows down as neutron become too fast to split atom cores :D

And, of course, automated sensors immediately call a servicing team.
Be sure to house the reactor in some tough concrete. Actually, I'm more in favour of one reactor for several houses/apartment block. Reduces the costs actually.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Be sure to house the reactor in some tough concrete. Actually, I'm more in favour of one reactor for several houses/apartment block. Reduces the costs actually.
Well, sure. It's just an idea, the details are to be worked out :D

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
Well, sure. It's just an idea, the details are to be worked out :D
I'm more than willing to lend the engineering expertise of the Nuclear Energy Institute as well. :wink:
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

All right. I agree to the purchase of 24 T-90s, and have decided to up my order of BTR-90s to 120. I'll also purchase eight S-300 launchers.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Coiler wrote:All right. I agree to the purchase of 24 T-90s, and have decided to up my order of BTR-90s to 120. I'll also purchase eight S-300 launchers.
Alright. Time to dust off these from storage.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Hmm. Yeah, the militarization of Coilerburg is certainly a cause for concern.

In other news, while PeZookia may not score all that many gold medals, we're certainly gonna have the hottest Olympics team ;)

EDIT: Time to get some proper spy thriller on, yo!

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Thanks for the three way talks suggestion. Perhaps Indhopal's ambassodor can bring it up while King Paul visits the Shinra Republic?

If I get a nuke reactor, it would have to be a slow process, with construction not even happening for a year or more. Thats for planning and to get all the money together.
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

I'm interested in knowing the following things:

What is the present status of Syndromia? I really don't want to have to sift through dozens of old pages to find posts on it, and it interests me as it's in close proximity to Coilerburg.

Is anyone selling AAV-equivalent vehicles and/or the LPDs capable of deploying them?