SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: I'm thinking of visiting Shinra Republic, PeZookia (if you are in a state for visiting), then MESS nations Mangka, Tian Xia, Lonestar Republic, Wilkonia, and finally Bear Republic.
Oh, PeZookia is okay. We're up and running already.

People seem to think that coup was a banana-republic style civil war for some reason ;)
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Any objections? I will bring my Varangian Guard along. Heavily armoured tight-fisted men wearing gauntlets and all, and guns and what not.
If PeZookians can make photos with them and they visit a children's hospital for the "AWESOME!" during your stay, they're welcome :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:Oh, PeZookia is okay. We're up and running already.

People seem to think that coup was a banana-republic style civil war for some reason ;)
Excellent!
If PeZookians can make photos with them and they visit a children's hospital for the "AWESOME!" during your stay, they're welcome :D
Oh we don't mind. The only issue is finding pictures of modern day guards with similar attire. :?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

The LSR will allow you to visit, and bring your guard.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Coyote, I just formed my Northern Squadron, and am basing it at one of the locations you suggested by PM. Hope you don't mind that I did it without a formal "I give permission" from you, but you said that you didn't mind the idea of it, so I took the initiative.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

The Republic of Mangka welcomes the Emperor of Byzantium as well.

As for Olympics, I suggest Buzkashi. Since it's an "everyone vs. 1" game, it could be either all nations participating or probably 2 nations switching in team numbers and game rounds. After all, this is SDN :P
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Ok, it's that time of the year for visiting and reciprocating visits.

I'm thinking of visiting Shinra Republic, PeZookia (if you are in a state for visiting), then MESS nations Mangka, Tian Xia, Lonestar Republic, Wilkonia, and finally Bear Republic.

Any objections? I will bring my Varangian Guard along. Heavily armoured tight-fisted men wearing gauntlets and all, and guns and what not.
No objections. Just don't bring an excessively large guard along. You shouldn't need a company of bodyguards.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

I take it that the Olympics has soccer? A team of Turks and Greeks would definitely play. We have the whole plethora of athletics, as a modern Greece and Turkey would attest to.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Beowulf wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Ok, it's that time of the year for visiting and reciprocating visits.

I'm thinking of visiting Shinra Republic, PeZookia (if you are in a state for visiting), then MESS nations Mangka, Tian Xia, Lonestar Republic, Wilkonia, and finally Bear Republic.

Any objections? I will bring my Varangian Guard along. Heavily armoured tight-fisted men wearing gauntlets and all, and guns and what not.
No objections. Just don't bring an excessively large guard along. You shouldn't need a company of bodyguards.
Well, too many would just remain on board the An-225, which is large enough to require a few. I think I'll keep it to 2 squads of 10 each.

EDIT: BTW, Coyote, can I send the Byzantine Admiral of the Fleet Himerios for a good will visit and a chit chat with your admirals?
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

DarthShady wrote:Roque, do you remember that pilot training thing? Can we start that when you are finished with PeZook's visit.
Whoops. :oops:

Go ahead and make an announcement. This is one of those things that can easily be "in the background" and wouldn't need constant updates, anyway.

EDIT: And of course the Emperor of Byzantium is welcome to visit the Shinra Republic.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

RogueIce wrote:
DarthShady wrote:Roque, do you remember that pilot training thing? Can we start that when you are finished with PeZook's visit.
Whoops. :oops:

Go ahead and make an announcement. This is one of those things that can easily be "in the background" and wouldn't need constant updates, anyway.

EDIT: And of course the Emperor of Byzantium is welcome to visit the Shinra Republic.
It's ok. We all forget things sometimes. :wink:

I'll get around to it tomorrow.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: EDIT: BTW, Coyote, can I send the Byzantine Admiral of the Fleet Himerios for a good will visit and a chit chat with your admirals?
But of course!
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

we are here :) makin' progress.

the demonstrator "mini-scramjet" will fly in a year or two :)
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote:we are here :) makin' progress.

the demonstrator "mini-scramjet" will fly in a year or two :)
How much again did you want me to invest in that project again?
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Pick between a hundred million (10% of capital costs I bear each year) or 500 million (50%) :lol: it will take me 10 billion and 10 years of R&D and testing (including a 1:2 size manned scramjet testbed)
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote:
Pick between a hundred million (10% of capital costs I bear each year) or 500 million (50%) :lol: it will take me 10 billion and 10 years of R&D and testing (including a 1:2 size manned scramjet testbed)
Hmm.. How about 500 million? Of course we will jointly look into developing applications and so forth for it.
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Fine, go ahead ;)

Assalti Frontali
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Since that magnificient Bastard Shep (or at least his clone) is back, i was wondering, even if every Shepnukistani Soldier on Garner's side stepped down, would not Shepnukistan be, i don't know, in a state of economic shambles from the MASSSIVE FUCKING CIVIL WAR and in no condition to begin force projecting for some time?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

I'm assuming that the crisis for this year is the....Clone War?
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Well, territorial Shepnukistan is not under Shep's control; he's living in the Neverhood occupied territories.

Incidentally, there's a ceasefire between the East-West factions so far, but Shep's untimely arrival may topple the cards. :lol:

Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hay! Shroom wants in on that awesome hypersonic missile, too! Then we can manufacture it as the Shroomstache missile! :twisted:

Of course, it can also be tested in our Stonehenge Babylon/HARP testing grounds.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

And just when I thought things couldn't get any more interesting...
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shep Mk.2 or Rocky IV? :P
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Shroom wants in on that awesome hypersonic missile, too!
Sure. $4 million per missile... Hypersonics are expensive. ;)

Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Eh, better make it a wholesale FUN thing then.

Stas, I want MOAR hovercrafts and Ekranoplans! Like, a repeat of last year's order.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Do you have bomber planes to, um, carry the missile? :? :)

Yea, I will do the machines for you. My production is a litle in disarray due to the nuclear craze.

Assalti Frontali