SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I think you'll do well with Paul and Rufus. FASTA has allowed your physical trainers to contribute to the program, after all.

If not full FUN membership, then you get a defense agreement and a trade agreement - which is practically just as good.

With everyone still freaked out at Blackadder, I say the FUN should lead the way in creating a second Atlantis. Vulpesia? Sure, WesFox might turn into a furry again, but that's better than (fake) Shep-flavored donuts :lol:

PARTAY! 8)

EDIT:

AWESOME! Orthodox Christonazis versus Evil Effeminate Albinos!

SILAS versus SEPHIROTH!

With SOLID SNAIL to take 'em both out!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

I hinted about their existence many posts back when you first wrote about these nutcases. :P
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Sweet, Olympics results are out. Indhopal won at least four medals, including 3 golds. Not too shabby for a tiny nation eh?
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I figured in the combat oriented categories it would be as much a sales promotion for ProTec, so they'd want to make a big splash in the first Olympics.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Wait, is using Lonestars' manned module good enough for a universal programme? I thought it was a module for space launch not for moon manned mission? But sure. I'd go with it. Besides we have normalized relations with Lonestar thanks to his crafty fellow Mironov :D

As for superboosters, I would negotiate the UR-700M with a 750 ton lift capacity versus the Sea Dragon before the FASTA.

Unlike Sea Dragon, the UR-700M is based on the tested technologies of the multibooster UR-500K Proton which had good reliability and serviced most of OMSK Space Agency and Space Forces launches. Everything from engines to booster shapes is reliable and more or less tested. The Sea Dragon is a single-booster giant vehicle with great potential for structural stress failure.

While some may find the 750 ton capacity "excessive", I would say that the production cycle of the UR-700M would be merely 50% longer than the UR-700 which had a projected 400-500 day cycle with 1960 technologies.

The extra-large lift capacity is important for lifting extra-large orbital habitats and possible orbital assembly complexes for space exploration missions. We have the right to change the shape of space exploration! :D
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Sweet! Four golds!

Beach Volleyball Men's and Womens, Boxing, and Wrestling!

One silver!

Weightlifting! Can't believe we lost to those goddamn Blackadders :lol:
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

PeZook wrote:If you read the FASTA bulletins,we contracted a feasibility study for that ;)
It's been under low-level development for awhile by the IRT but without any real customer - until now.
I'm not sure it saves any money at all.
It doesn't. The idea is that you can grossly increase your payload fraction for any moon mission since you can refuel on the way.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

One of each medal: Gold in men's soccer (we beat PeZookia!), silver in women's judo, and bronze in women's wrestling. All in all, not too shabby, though we can obviously do better next time.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Stas Bush wrote:Wait, is using Lonestars' manned module good enough for a universal programme? I thought it was a module for space launch not for moon manned mission? But sure. I'd go with it. Besides we have normalized relations with Lonestar thanks to his crafty fellow Mironov :D
The Command Service Module is based upon the Orion CSM, which, in turn, is loosely based upon the Apollo command module. The LSR's module would work fine for a trip to the moon, and yes, I recommend we use the lSR's proposed Altair lander.

Also, Coyote! I already sent some probes to the moon mi amigo!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Lonestar wrote:
Stas Bush wrote:Wait, is using Lonestars' manned module good enough for a universal programme? I thought it was a module for space launch not for moon manned mission? But sure. I'd go with it. Besides we have normalized relations with Lonestar thanks to his crafty fellow Mironov :D
The Command Service Module is based upon the Orion CSM, which, in turn, is loosely based upon the Apollo command module. The LSR's module would work fine for a trip to the moon, and yes, I recommend we use the lSR's proposed Altair lander.

Also, Coyote! I already sent some probes to the moon mi amigo!
Selene? I thought you sent 'em to a different moon. Huh.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I sent one each to the two closest dude....

..Also, I have posted a response to the Ludicrous statement that the LSR wouldn't place first in marksmanship.

:P
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Stas Bush wrote:As for superboosters, I would negotiate the UR-700M with a 750 ton lift capacity versus the Sea Dragon before the FASTA.

Unlike Sea Dragon, the UR-700M is based on the tested technologies of the multibooster UR-500K Proton which had good reliability and serviced most of OMSK Space Agency and Space Forces launches. Everything from engines to booster shapes is reliable and more or less tested. The Sea Dragon is a single-booster giant vehicle with great potential for structural stress failure.

While some may find the 750 ton capacity "excessive", I would say that the production cycle of the UR-700M would be merely 50% longer than the UR-700 which had a projected 400-500 day cycle with 1960 technologies.

The extra-large lift capacity is important for lifting extra-large orbital habitats and possible orbital assembly complexes for space exploration missions. We have the right to change the shape of space exploration! :D
More boosters are in fact less reliable. The reliabilty factors of the individual engines multiply. Net result is that a reliability of 99% for an individual engine results in a total reliability of around 58% for the entire rocket. It's possible they have over engined the rocket to compensate. Then you also have the problem that a stage could fail to separate, which is also enormously more likely with 8 different staging points, compared to 1.

None of the engines in the UR-700M have flown. They use entirely different propellants from the Proton (LOX/Kerosene and LH2 versus UDMH and Tetrazine). The engines are complicated staged combustion design. The general shape of the rocket has flown, but most tandem rockets have that general shape.

The drivers behind the Sea Dragon are simplicity and robustness. It's primarily constructed out of 8mm thick high strength stainless steel. That's more akin to a submarine in construction than a rocket. The chance of a structural failure is nearly nil.

It utilizes a simple pressure fed engine (of enormous size). There's nearly no moving parts, increasing reliability. The only real moving parts are the throttling valves. The reduced number of engines enhance reliability, since the rocket either goes with the full engine burning, or it doesn't go at all.

It's sea launch and recovery simplify the launch site tremendously. No need to spend billions on a new launch pad. Just need a nuclear fueling ship, for the LOX and LH2 propellants, said ship mostly likely being a nuclear ISCA ship.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Lonestar wrote:
..Also, I have posted a response to the Ludicrous statement that the LSR wouldn't place first in marksmanship.

Don't you realize that Indhopal poached all your best shooters to form security Contracting outfits? That's practically all we do :P
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Lonestar wrote:I sent one each to the two closest dude....

Next Olympics should have Cowboy Action Shooting as an event!

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Beowulf wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:There should also be a rifle and/or a pistol shooting competition.
There is the biathlon, but that's obviously not the only shooting event possible.
Strangely I thought that the Bear Republic and Langly both suggested dueling but were turned down by the committe. I mean what are our spoiled offspring of Senators supposed to do with their free time.

also remember that the BR does have decent athletes for the Biathalon, Fencing, and Judo/TKD/Karate since we make lots of swashbuckling, western, and cheesy kung fu movies.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Ooh, fencing! I forgot! Whoever does it next should have Fencing.

I nominate... Byzantium. Or, if they don't want to, then whoever won the most golds this time.

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

also incase you ever wanted to know about BR currency

animal value type
Deer I coin (known as a Buck, or a Bear Buck)
Coyote & V coin (also known as a Trick)
Raven
Hawk, X Coin, also known as a raptor, Scarlet
Red Tail
Mnt. Lion L paper
Grizzly C paper
Bear
Emp. M paper, displays the portrait of the current Emporer

all denominations are stamped/printed with their Roman numeral value. on coins the value is on the side that does not depict the animal, except in the case of the "Trickster" in which case the Raven is depicted on top of the Roman 5. The Hawk is the only currancy accepted in religious "houses of ill repute" for donations. Thus all transactions must be made in denominations of 10.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Coyote wrote:Ooh, fencing! I forgot! Whoever does it next should have Fencing.

I nominate... Byzantium. Or, if they don't want to, then whoever won the most golds this time.
I don't mind it. I didn't get any gold medals at all.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Raj Ahten wrote: Don't you realize that Indhopal poached all your best shooters to form security Contracting outfits? That's practically all we do :P

Shut up dude. Your crappy little country and crappy little PMCs aren't even a blip on the LSR's radar. You have the GDP of the Bahamas. You are not hiring quality people.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

oh-ho Stas....I see that the race is on! The Skylab will be far superior!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Lonestar wrote:Your crappy little country and crappy little PMCs aren't even a blip on the LSR's radar.
That's the line I've been waiting for so long. :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Lonestar wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote: Don't you realize that Indhopal poached all your best shooters to form security Contracting outfits? That's practically all we do :P

Shut up dude. Your crappy little country and crappy little PMCs aren't even a blip on the LSR's radar. You have the GDP of the Bahamas. You are not hiring quality people.
Well, you are certainly right about Indhopal. It wouldn't even be a speed bump for you or the MESS, even with all my planning and dirty tricks. But Indhopal and ProTec are not the same thing, despite at times deliberate attempts by me to obfuscate the issue. ProTec is a multinational with tens of thousands of employees, who even with enough of their profits being taken away to run a small country still makes money. Enough money for their bigwigs to invest in airlines for instance (Libertia Air).

Frankly the market is also perfect for ProTec. Massive amounts of Piracy and terrorism around the world, two regions experiencing continual low intensity warfare (Libertopia and Neverhood) and multiple nations downsizing their armies. Shroomania, Shepnukistan and the UKB have all had big cuts to their conventional forces. Those people got to work somewhere and ProTec has a good benefits package. So yeah, ProTec can get good people and then use them to train everyone else at Indhopal's extensive training complex.

All this makes me think that ProTec's traditional mode of only using citizens of Indhopal in their combat deployments would have to change. The Neverhood contract could easily require about as many contractors as Iraq.

Also I’m not saying we stole people from your Olympic team, just that ProTec would be well known for pouching talent from everyone whenever it can.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Heh, Stas - nice touch with the cosmonaut :D

Um...you didn't say you already had a Vulkan capable launch pad :D

Still, two additional Vulkan pads at Comona Island can't hurt if we're going to colonize the moon.

And Lonestar, Coyote: Lonestar sent one probe, we'll need more. One for each potential landing site, at least, to map them out.

Okay...so we'll fly a Soyuz/Altair stack to the Moon :D Awesome! Development contracts ahoy!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Basically the launchpad (mechanized Stand-Start complex) is transportable itself. It only requires hardened concrete and some rails laid down. Since I thought my cosmodrome should have some excess area to place the device on, and Bean agreed to provide the necessary mach
Still, two additional Vulkan pads at Comona Island can't hurt if we're going to colonize the moon. inery... ;)
Certainly. You'd need concrete pits and bunkers and all that surrounding infrastructure and then import the Stand-Start from Bean. He fully agreed to cooperate with FASTA as a contractor... :) for cash.
nice touch with the cosmonaut
Hehe. :)

Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Loinstar, you are awesome! First you have Garner taking horse steroids :lol: and now your sportsman marksman blows all over his face :lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!