Motivational Posters

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Post by Schuyler Colfax »

Get some
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

^ :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wasn't there an entire PAGE on this thread dedicated to "what is a fail motivational poster and what is not"?
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
NomAnor15
Padawan Learner

Post by NomAnor15 »

Schuyler Colfax

"I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish." - Homer Simpson
Huh. That's less than 10 condoms per person. Though, assuming an even split between gender, that's almost 20 condoms per penis, so I certainly hope that would suffice for the three weeks they're there. -Alferd Packer

This sentence is false.
darthbob88
Jedi Knight

Post by darthbob88 »

Why do I get the feeling Comrade Colfax here is going to meet the same fate as Omegafail? He thinks he's funnier than he is, he gets his undies in a twist way too easily, and he always finds himself on the business end of the board, at which point he refuses to back down. I was like that at one point, and I grew out of it ASAP. Schuyler...is having trouble doing so.
This message approved by the sages Anon and Ibid.
Any views expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted, and very likely wrong.
I shave with Occam's Razor.
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

Phantasee wrote:That's a pretty AWESOME summary of the history of the A-10. But take a closer look at my sig: it's a tribute to Winston Blake's description, not my own.
True that, but seeing your made made me think to put that picture up, I do love Blake's description of the A-10 :D
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
NomAnor15
Padawan Learner

Post by NomAnor15 »

Damn man, that warranties one is hilarious :D
"I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish." - Homer Simpson
Huh. That's less than 10 condoms per person. Though, assuming an even split between gender, that's almost 20 condoms per penis, so I certainly hope that would suffice for the three weeks they're there. -Alferd Packer

This sentence is false.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Schuyler Colfax wrote:Image
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

The text on the Nerd Rage one is good, but it needs a better picture.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Okay, throwing a bunch against the wall in the hopes that a few stick, humour-wise.

Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Is that anime chick one from anything you know?

Also, the "Experience" motivator is indeed :lol: :lol:
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

So I came up with some A-10 ones, just because the one ont the last page pissed me off with the incorrect use of an apostrophe, and then I made my own as a real tribute to my sig.

XXXI
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Pulp Hero wrote:Is that anime chick one from anything you know?
I don't know the source, I just know that it matches up disturbingly well with several personal experiences.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Oni Koneko Damien wrote:<inevitability>
:lol: That is amazing. The Harpoon one is good, too.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Re: LifeTouch

My god, what the fuck is that?! :shock:
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

As for the Lifetouch one, that's the company name, not a process used on that image (I used to work for them). It's also sad that I recognized two things about that image:
  1. The Background is off - the right side is higher than the left - I can tell because that was the same "Watercolors" drop that I used all the time
  2. The Camera is either to high or out of place because you can see the black floor mat (which looks to be in great condition
Also - kids like that tend to be photographer's worst nightmares because while most parents of kids that look like that understand you can't do miracles, some bitch anyway (I'd say 1 in 20 bitch).

Preview Comment: Oh my, I've just spent 3 minutes typing a reply to a motivational poster.......

Comment 2: If you wanted to make it really funny, change it to "They can't fix everything"
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

The Harpoon one was great! I also liked the Moonwalk one, but it was posted earlier in the thread.

Does anybody know the name of the game from Inevitability? I know I've played it...
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
darthbob88
Jedi Knight

Post by darthbob88 »

Dark Flame wrote:The Harpoon one was great! I also liked the Moonwalk one, but it was posted earlier in the thread.

Does anybody know the name of the game from Inevitability? I know I've played it...
Skifree. I forget just how old it is, but I got hooked on computing around the same time, so it's old. Wikipedia.
This message approved by the sages Anon and Ibid.
Any views expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted, and very likely wrong.
I shave with Occam's Razor.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Had it on my monochrome-display 386 laptop, I know that much.

I hate that damned yeti so much...
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

White Haven wrote:Had it on my monochrome-display 386 laptop, I know that much.

I hate that damned yeti so much...
I know! As soon as you start doing good, the bastard pops up.. :x :lol:
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Skifree. It came out before Windows did.
AK-047
Youngling

Post by AK-047 »

Skifree has been remade for Windows and up for download here. The real game begins when the yeti shows up :P
In memory of Halogen: 2003-2006
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

darthbob88 wrote:
Dark Flame wrote:The Harpoon one was great! I also liked the Moonwalk one, but it was posted earlier in the thread.

Skifree. I forget just how old it is, but I got hooked on computing around the same time, so it's old. Wikipedia.
Skifree is one of the most amazing games of all time... and there is no escapping the yeti, he will hunt you dewvoure you, there is NO ESCAPE!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Rekkon
Padawan Learner

Post by Rekkon »

Oni Koneko Damien wrote:<snip>Kittens</snip>
Alternate image:
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Oh, and after a little checking on fanfiction.net, I found out that Doom: Repercussions of Evil actually exists. The reviews are priceless.