Canon Photography: Through the Village and the fields

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Canon Photography: Through the Village and the fields

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Well, the second to last (And first chronologically) of my initial photographic foreys with the new Camera.
This one in my village and the fields nearby. (I was quite disappointing at the times [2 excursions] due to the lack of interesting stuff or inspirations, but in the end there was some good stuff overall, as you can see :)).

I need fresh inspiration though, or preferably, scenic panoramas that are not so flat, brown, dusty and dull.

Selection -1

These first two I liked mainly due to how Good the Canon 40D made the sunset look.

Ah, the moon. Second version of this shot had a blue background, but I preferred this one. (Love that ISO!):

Selection -5

Selection
Water reflections off the pool.

Selection -6
Experimenting with DOF and Macro shots. (There's a stretch of rocks with water running on them that leads to the pool).

Selection -7
I like burned out sun shots of a tree house, what can I say :P. I'll get it right one day!

Selection -10
Burnt out acre, and piles of empty alcohol drinking bottles. Who says I can't do documentary style work when needed :D.

Selection -4
Nice shot of him making food was also taken, but lacked "pop". This image and his "Soulful" expression was much more interesting (I think).

Selection -11
Angle work. (I like how the composition and lines here work out).

Selection -12
Yes, this is a village, in case you missed it the first time. ;).

Selection -13
More sunset work. (A tad of lens flare there, and it worked out less well than the "golden" ones i took earlier that day).

Selection -14
Yes, I have taken pictures of this abandoned house before, it's very photogenic. (For a lone house in a field).

Selection -15
Yay, chicken feed tubes and fun angles!
Selection -16

Selection -17
Selection -18

Selection -9

Selection -19

Selection -21
Our neighbor's house. (Well, one building of it, and a nice palm tree outside).
Selection -20
Yay, angle work again. (looming grass!)
Selection -2
Another version of the sun shot, and a nice podium where I once did a show back in middle-school.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.