It's a Commercial, but it's Fun! (Discovery Channel)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

It's a Commercial, but it's Fun! (Discovery Channel)

Post by Broomstick »

I liked this commercial the first time I saw it, and I still love it. Yes, yes, it's a commercial, but it strikes me as a joyous take on the wonders of the world (and low earth orbit).

I Love the Whole World (Boom De Yada)

If anyone finds English difficult, here's a version with subtitles although for some reason they didn't show up until I repeated it.

This is a slightly different live version using many (although not all) of the same folks featured in the first version.

And here's a webcomic parody
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

This Wikipedia article lists who is in the cast of both the long and short versions and what they're saying. Unfortunately, the one short version of the thing I could find the video and sound didn't synch up properly.

Maybe one of the reasons I like it so damn much is because the tune is basically a version of Heart and Soul, the first duet I learned on the piano - uh, that was over 35 years ago! Nice mix of awesome futuristic wow factor, nature, and nostalgia guaranteed to appeal to an old fart of a geek girl like me.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Ah, Adam setting Jamie's arm on fire was great. :)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Yeah, it's a good one. Until it gets stuck in your head and you find yourself humming it all the damn time. :wink:
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker