V:tM - New Orleans by Night

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Alec saw the look on Anna's face. It was as if she was in pain. He followed quickly behind her as she walked from the room. "Anna?"

She stopped and turned to look at her childe. "I have to go." The pain was still evident on her face.

Alec knew she had to go, but the look of pain on her face troubled him. Something was wrong. And with the situation as it is, well it could be something of dire consequences. "Be careful, Anna."

She stopped and looked at him. She grasped his head, pulling him to her for a deep kiss. "I want you to see what you can find out about whomever has taken over Darian's place. Talk to anyone you can, but be careful. I love you."
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Stepping back Colin pondered the Malk's words, not much to ponder really, just a general 'Well, most of us are as good as dead, but if we play our cards right we'll win.' He grumbled to himself, "I should've left when I had the chance...damn Armand..."

Looking up at the shotgun comment, Colin was forced into chuckling a bit before he followed after Joe. "Hey wait up, I've spent a few years here." Colin made sure the scarves were pulled up all the way and hid his gun as best he could under his left arm and followed after the man.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

The malkavian shook Antons offered hand "Yes, life, or unlife more to be, saved I can do for the fangs that we are, but only that and nothing more... " He smiled darkly before turning his attention to Micheal, a pitch of intrigue and disgust played upon his face, "tempt not to know all that a malkavian talks about, for angels and devils only speak the tongue of ivory, evil, books..." With that he stepped back from the crowd, taking in the actions in the room. His face faulted back to unemotion as he waited for the next act to start...
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Brotherhood of the Monkey: Nonchalant Disgruntled Monkey
Justice League
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Anna was torn in several directions. She had been summoned by three powerful people. The problem was she couldn't discern who was whom. One pull, however, was more distinctive than the others. It took her towards the Settites. She had a feeling this one would keep her safe, so she followed.

Roland looked up as she entered the antichamber. "Oh Anna, you're safe!" He jumped up and ran over to give her a hug. "We've been so worried."

She looked around the room and noticed several familiar Settite faces, all relieved that she was alive. "Yes, I'm fine, though I really wish people would quit summoning me."

He looked at her curiously. "Can you tell who?"

"No," she said with a shake of her head. "But one seems heading towards Darian's and the other towards the Brujah. Quite curious."

"That makes sense," Rachel, one of the Settites, said. "Elizabeth wants you to come to her and sacrifice yourself. Darian wants your help."

"What are you talking about?"

Roland led her over to one of the plush couches. "I'm sure you know that there has been a... changing of the guard."

Anna sat next to him and sighed. "Yes. Was this expected? I'd heard nothing."

Rachel snorted. "And you wouldn't. Remember, Elizabeth doesn't like you very much. She's always been jealous of your relationship with Darian as well as your popularity here in New Orleans."

She waved the young Settite off. "I know all that, Rachel, love. But why did she overthrow Darian?"

"That's what we'd like to know," Roland replied. "Not even my sources can tell me anything." He took her hand and looked into her eye. "You know you can trust me. Tell me what the Giovanni were after."

"A book. Just a simple book."

"A book?" Rachel was flabbergasted. "They shot up the Eye over a lousy book?"

Anna looked hard at her. "A simple book that has the entire history of the Giovanni clan."

Everyone stared at the elder Ventrue. "Impossible," Rachel said. "They'd never let a thing like that get out of their hands."

"Well, they did and it ended up in Alec's."

Rachel's eyes narrowed at the mention of Anna's childe. Long ago, Rachel had loved Anna more than anything. She had gotten over the infatuation, but still harbored feelings for the beautiful Ventrue. "Serves him right," she muttered under her breath.

Roland cut her a hard glare. "You know you are welcome here any time. We will do all we can to protect you."

Anna smiled. "Thank you. I believe Elizabeth has given up for now. I'll head towards the Brujah and see what Darian wants."

"Be careful, Anna," Rachel said softly.

"I will."
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

I waited outside in the gentle rain for the others to catch up, just admiring the vehicles lining the street. Beautiful machines, all of them. I always thought I was born in the wrong age.

When everyone who was caming had stepped out into the night, we began an easy stroll down the still packed sidewalk. Colin had taken the lead, trying to think of where would be the best places to go. As I walked, hands in my pockets, I started up the conversation.

"So, you boys seem pretty young, as they go. Tell me a story. What did you do in life? What were you before... this?"

I was always interested in what lead people to this.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Joshua looked at Michhael for a moment. Michael nodded to him.

"I was a college student. From there, I met Michael. Unless any of you have a problem with it, I love him deeply, from the bottom of my heart, and have for the past thirteen or fourteen years."
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

The malkavian looked at Micheal and Joshua, his face held its seriousness only for a moment before he erupted in laughter. "College and love, oh how frail the strength of eons is to welps without knowledge of true. Vampire don't love, they enjoy mutual, drink, dine, and after a lifetime by blood bags of course depart for a world of new wonders. Silly be, silly do I suppose..."
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Justice League
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Michael shot a look at Mal. "If that is what thou think, then that be fine with this one. Don't presume to know of others what thou have not been told thyself."

Joshua stared blankly at his partner, wondering where the semi-Middle English popped up from.

"Don't worry about it, sweety," Michael said to Joshua.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

After putting his shotgun away in his car Colin took the lead and started the group off, looking back at Joe he spoke. "Anything in particular that you want to see?"

Colin continued to look around even as he spoke, he knew that by now word had gotten around and he was probably a marked man, along with everyone else in the 'suicide group'.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Mal's laugh drew the attention of a few passers-by. Hopefully we were attracting other attention as well. Personally, I agreed with him.

"College. What's that like?"

As I asked the question the group came to an intersection. There in the gutter, the rain water had started to make its way back to the sea. I steadied myself as I prepared the crossing of even this tiniest of rivlets. As my right foot shot over the running water and landed on the other side, I felt the muscles in my stumach cramp. The feeling spread throughout my body until my left foot had it over and was safely on the ground. Looking up at the rain and then back down to the streets I knew that wasn't going to be the last of it of the night. I wondered if anyone had noticed and my thoughts flew to the major river that this city had been built on. Why the hell did I come to New Orleans.

When Colin asked his question I had regained myself.

"Anywhere is fine with me," I replied, adding cynicall, "As long as it doesn't have to do with crossing the river."
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Armand strolled along with the group. The ranter just had to be a Malk. , he didn't know anyone else who spoke in riddles all the time. He thought about what he had said, about vampires being without love. He had been in love while he was human, that was a certainty, he'd left a girlfriend behind when whichever godforsaken rat embraced him in that dark alley and forced him to become a pariah from human culture. Did he still love her? He'd thought and drempt about her, but he never got that warm feeling from it anymore. He'd put that down to being dead, but could it be that vampires couldn't love? A small twinge brought him out of this trance like state as he passed over a small trickle of water. He out the thoughts to the back of his head, he'd think about it later.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dachlan stopped the Aston Martin next to a glomy looking club entrance with a huge crowd queuing for the door.
"Hm, and you want to go in this club?" Dachlan eyed it suspiciously.
"Yes," Daffyd answered excitingly. "It's one of the in-clubs right now. If we get in..."
"If you want in, we'll get in." He smiled at Daffyd and got out of the car.
Dachlan strode towards the bouncer, ignoring the other people waiting to get in.
"Hey, you!" The bouncer, a rather bulky black guy who towered him by a good margin, shot him an angry glare. "What do you think you're doing? Get in the queue!" He snarled.
Daffyd looked like a rather hurt puppy beside him.
"I don't need to wait in the queue. Let us through." His voice carried only the tiniest trace of dominance, but it was enough.
"Yes, of course. Get in."
Dachlan and Daffyd got in, despite the deadly glares of the people waiting in line.
"I told you, no problem," Dachlan flashed a dazzling smile at Daffyd.

An hour later, after some heavy dancing and partying, they sat together in a dark corner in the back of the club.
"I have to tell you, " Dachlan observed, "I really needed that."
He leaned in to kiss Dafyd and let himself fall again back down in the couch with a heavy sigh.
"You sure luck satisfied," Daffyd grinned at him. "We should do that more often."
Before Dachlan could answer, his gaze was caught by a strange man in the crowd. He got a strange feeling. He was a vampire, Dachlan was sure. But he didn't look like Camarilla. He had a distince Giovanni feeling to him.
Damn, can't I have a single night without trouble?
He quickly looked around, and found the back door.
"Quick," he whispered, "we have to get out here. Trouble comming."
Daffyd looked puzzled at him. "Trouble?"
"A unfriendly vampire. I din't exactly want to meet him."
Daffyd nodded.
Dachlan ushered Daffyd to the back door, and soon they were in a shabby, dark side street.

But before they made it far, the door banged open, and the Giovanni, a rather ugly guy with a bad taste in clothes stepped on the street.
"Stop!" he shouted.
Dachlan turned around. "What do you want?" he politely asked.
"Information. You're Tremere. I followed you from your little chantry here. You certainly know where those people responsible for the slaughter in that bar are," he snarled.
"Quite an observant little Giovanni, are we not?" He mocked him. "But I'm afraid I can't help you. Go now."
"You scu-" he said, but stopped when he was suddenly engulfed by utter darkness.
While the thug was blind, Dachlan turned around, grapping Daffyd, and ran out of the side street to the car.

When Dachlan and Daffyd were in the car and driving away, he heavily sweared for quite some time.
He drove back towards the shop, maybe someone was still there or he could find out where the "group" was.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Stepping over the grate Colin reached a hand into his jacket, gripping his Baretta and watching it carefully until he was a few feet away from it before relaxing, finally realizing that Joe had said something. "I know of a few local nightclubs if any of you are hungry."

Looking up the street he saw a car, he thought he recognized the figure inside. Looking closely as the car got closer Colin figured out who it was. "Hey, is that Dachlan?"
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

The malkavian mused about Micheal and Joshua " Tell me else a few eons from now welp... if you don't find yourself sunbathing or sleeping a grave of sanctified ground by the end of this, to meet and play chess with... well, our brother the Reaper I suppose... " he smiled darkly as he took back to looking around, he noted the speeding ground as well as well as the kindred who seemed to daintally avoid water. He smiled again, lightly puffing up his opera trench, he walked with the aura of a king, he definantly would attract attention.

Justice League
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Gale Knight walked into the club known as Eye of Horrus.He looked around some looking at the patrons before heading for the bar* A tankard of local draft please".He took the drink and sipped it *
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

"So, you boys seem pretty young, as they go. Tell me a story. What did you do in life? What were you before... this?"

I was always interested in what lead people to this.
---

"I had just finished my service in the Red Army and returned back to civilian life. Those times were frustrating. People were lining on the streets behind shops to get even a small piece of bread. Homo Sovietus was about to draw its last breath, so this was in 1991, I think. I barely managed to get to the university but flunked the tests. My friend from the army was involved with the mafia, trafficing cars from Germany to Finland and from there to St. Petersburg. We earned lots of D-marks, Dollars and Pounds that way - enough for me to start own business. My friend wasn't interested, so I went my own way."

Anton stopped for a moment, with a very somber look on his face.

"Soon afterwards I read from the paper that an old fisherman had found his corpse from the Neva river. Poor bastard. Then I didn't spend any time grieving him, I was making quickly good, honest money. I spent every weekend at the clubs with other newly-rich Russians. One night I got into a fight. When I was leaving he returned with a bunch of friends and they attacked me on a dark street, killing me. What comes to the rest," he said smiling, "I leave that to my own knowledge."
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Had Crow just shown the same slight pain that I had? As little as I had dealings with other vampires, I had never in my seven hundred and fifty years come randomly across another with that curse. I had always assumed the legend was because of me. Or was he like me?

Just then Menschikoff finished his tale. The last words made me perk.

"You died you say?" But wasn't he of one of these clans? "But another vampire turned you, right?"
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

As Dachlan got nearer to the shop, he made out a group of people walking slowly away from the shop, THE group.
He pulled in his car in the next possible spot, and ecited. Together with Daffyd he crossed the little distance to the group.
"Good night, Gentlemen," he simplay said. "Again."
The careful observer could note his supressed anger, whereas Daffyd seemed to have adapted to the whole unlife/vampire situation rather well.
"Where are you headed?" He asked into the chatty group.
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Dahak wrote:"Where are you headed?" He asked into the chatty group.
Armand turned his head to the new arrivals. He recognised them from the meeting earlier. "I don't think we've decided yet." he said, "I'm Armand Crow by the way, i don't believe i got either of your names at the meeting."
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

2000AD wrote:Armand turned his head to the new arrivals. He recognised them from the meeting earlier. "I don't think we've decided yet." he said, "I'm Armand Crow by the way, i don't believe i got either of your names at the meeting."
"I'm Dachlan DeVries," Dachlan nooded towards Armand, "and that is my friend Daffyd Scott. Pleased to meet you."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

"Thank you," replied Armand, "If i remember correctly you went to the Chantry to try and get help. Was there any luck?"
Hammerman! Hammer!
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

Mal looked at the two new commers "Where headed to the shores of distress and sure anarchy" he smiled darkly, "at least till dawn when we sleep within the grasp of death, say if we piss of anyone so much tonight as to warrent being hunted by living dead ghouls to help us get a nice tan..." he chuckled "though I shall return and return whole, eons and Cains special gift to me ensures..."

Justice League
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Armand rolled his eyes as the Malk took up again. Was there no end to his riddle talk? Couldn't he just speak plain English for once? "I think i'll pass on the whole Shores of Distress thing," he said, "anyone else have any suggestions?"
Hammerman! Hammer!
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

Mal grinned at Armand "You don't understand, one day you might, if you live long enough, perhaps if you were born a Malkavian you would be a bit wiser to tales and books with fangs that have been shelved for some time, though I always do need more servants" The malkavian looked him over, frowning gently "though I doubt you'd survive the existance" He smiled, "Shall we be on our way men, the devils of paradise await us at the gates of destiny..."
Last edited by Larz on 2003-01-30 05:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justice League
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

2000AD wrote:Armand rolled his eyes as the Malk took up again. Was there no end to his riddle talk? Couldn't he just speak plain English for once? "I think i'll pass on the whole Shores of Distress thing," he said, "anyone else have any suggestions?"
"Something nice to have fun. And without Giovanni," Dachlan nearly spat out the last word, shivering with barely controled anger.
He relaxed a bit as Daffyd took his hand.
GALE Force Euro Wimp