Karl Rove Flees Country

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Glocksman wrote:
Steve wrote:Fools! Don't you realize that he's not just left the country, but left the planet?! Soon he'll be returning to give Congress their testimony.... alongside a phalanx of Imperial Stormtroopers as he reveals himself as Darth Rove and announces the annexation of Earth into the Galactic Empire!
Bullshit.
Palaptine and the other Sith are much more competent than Bush, Rove, and company.
You'd be lucky if the Emperor didn't dispatch Vader himself to redeem the insult. :P
I thought Rove was the Machiavellian master manipulator and Bush the idealist who messed everything up?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

He is, but in the words of the old bitch in They Live! 'I've got one that can see'.
Most of us now have dark glasses. :lol:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

A part of me wonders how inaccurate it would be to compare Karl Rove to "Colonel" Edward House, Woodrow Wilson's confidante. Just that there's no Edith Galt analogue to destroy Bush's relationship with Rove as Edith Galt Wilson did to, well, pretty much most of her husband's entourage.

For those who think of stuff about Hillary usurping power as First Lady, she didn't hold a candle to Edith Galt, who actually did usurp the Presidency when she and Wilson's physician, a close friend that she even recommended to Wilson, covered up his stroke in 1919 and carried on business of state in his place without telling a soul about what happened to him.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Wow. I saw the thread title and even with my long involvement with and trust in SDN, I didn't believe it at first. Wow. Rove in a self-imposed exile; karma's finally paying up... :twisted:
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

I remember a Tom Clancy were Jack Ryan gave a bunch of "future" fill in the blanks pardons for a covert agency he founded (Teeth of the Tiger, I think). Not that it could actually work, but Junior without his Brain would probably be stupid enough to take something that assine right out of a fifth rate technothriller
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Ender wrote:I can't find anything saying where he went, has anyone turned anything up?
He's in Sweden! :lol:

He was a few days ago, anyway. It was on the news. He was advising one of our right-wing parties or something (which would be commies by the American standard, just so you know), which I found pretty amusing at the time, but now, with this, it's just hilarious.
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Patrick Degan wrote:Right. Time for the House Seargent-at-Arms to issue a fugitive warrant.
He's probably already in Paraguay or Argentina, so what's the damn point?
That's bullshit, we should just issue a good-sized bounty so that private entrepreneurs would have a market-driven incentive to apprehend such scofflaws in non-extradition countries.

:lol:
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Patrick Degan wrote:Right. Time for the House Seargent-at-Arms to issue a fugitive warrant.
Then We just ask Isreal to serve the warrent, ok maybe "Dog Chapman" he's kidnapped people before.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Uraniun235 wrote:
That's bullshit, we should just issue a good-sized bounty so that private entrepreneurs would have a market-driven incentive to apprehend such scofflaws in non-extradition countries.
Oh, the irony of that would be most delicious.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

Patrick Degan wrote:
Uraniun235 wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote: He's probably already in Paraguay or Argentina, so what's the damn point?
Oh, the irony of that would be most delicious.
Indeed it would be.

I haven't had access to a decent working television for the past couple of days, are any of the major news networks covering this?
"Impossible! Lasers can't even harm out deflector dish! Clearly these foes are masters of illusion!' 'But sir, my console says we-' 'MASTERS OF ILLUSION! - General Schatten
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

They found him

Funny how the Ukraine has no extradition treaty. I'm sure this is not related to contempt of congress, after all, when I think "fun filled family vacation" I think "eastern Europe", don't you?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Well, the beach he's supposed to be on IS a tourist attraction.

Crimea

A quick look at Wikipedia shows it would be a nice place to visit, and has some pretty nice historical locations.

At least he's TRYING to look like he's just on a vacation.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

I wonder how long until he starts providing advice for those Neo-Nazi parties that make up a sizeable part of the Ukrainian President's supporters. (Supporting the "Orange Revolution" was one of the more disgusting things the Bush administration did; obviously the party of people who claim that hundreds of thousands of Jews followed behind the Nazi invasion of the Ukraine to kill Ukrainian children and drink their blood, so that Jews and not Nazis were the real cause of Ukrainian suffering in WW2, are simply a bunch of stalwart strugglers for freedom and democracy!)
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I'll be moving to Crimea in a week. If he's still there, I expect much fun reporting on the local TV stations :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:I wonder how long until he starts providing advice for those Neo-Nazi parties that make up a sizeable part of the Ukrainian President's supporters. (Supporting the "Orange Revolution" was one of the more disgusting things the Bush administration did; obviously the party of people who claim that hundreds of thousands of Jews followed behind the Nazi invasion of the Ukraine to kill Ukrainian children and drink their blood, so that Jews and not Nazis were the real cause of Ukrainian suffering in WW2, are simply a bunch of stalwart strugglers for freedom and democracy!)
One of the darker secrets Western democracies have taken pains to forget, along with their closet Russophobia.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Mlenk
Jedi Knight

Post by Mlenk »

It's rather curious how I have yet to see any of the major news outlets reporting on Karl Rove fleeing the country. Ignoring the subpoena, yes, but fleeing the country, no.
M
Redshirt

Post by M »

Mlenk wrote:It's rather curious how I have yet to see any of the major news outlets reporting on Karl Rove fleeing the country. Ignoring the subpoena, yes, but fleeing the country, no.
According to TV critic Alan Sepinwall, Rove is scheduled for a session on the FoxNews press tour today. If I were working for a major news outlet, I'd wait until after that to report him "fleeing" the country - it'd be pretty stupid to claim he's left the country for good if he actually turns up in California today.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Mlenk wrote:It's rather curious how I have yet to see any of the major news outlets reporting on Karl Rove fleeing the country. Ignoring the subpoena, yes, but fleeing the country, no.
Nobody has bothered to report about Al-Queda attacking our embassy either, despite the fact it left people dead.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

M wrote:
According to TV critic Alan Sepinwall, Rove is scheduled for a session on the FoxNews press tour today. If I were working for a major news outlet, I'd wait until after that to report him "fleeing" the country - it'd be pretty stupid to claim he's left the country for good if he actually turns up in California today.
Rove could easily appear by remote. No need for him to risk interrrupting his "vacation" and risking immediate apprehenion by U.S. marshalls
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Ender wrote:They found him

Funny how the Ukraine has no extradition treaty. I'm sure this is not related to contempt of congress, after all, when I think "fun filled family vacation" I think "eastern Europe", don't you?
Hmm....isn't the Ukraine well known for trafficking in underage girls for the sex trade? Convenient.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Ender wrote:
Nobody has bothered to report about Al-Queda attacking our embassy either, despite the fact it left people dead.
Probably because there were no American casualties (are you thinking of the Turkey attack). We Americans can be shamefully insular at times.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Pelranius wrote:
Ender wrote:
Probably because there were no American casualties (are you thinking of the Turkey attack). We Americans can be shamefully insular at times.
Doesn't change the fact there was a terrorist attack on an American target. Glad we gave up all those rights so the terrorists couldn't attack us anymore.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
M
Redshirt

Post by M »

Patrick Degan wrote:
M wrote:According to TV critic Alan Sepinwall, Rove is scheduled for a session on the FoxNews press tour today. If I were working for a major news outlet, I'd wait until after that to report him "fleeing" the country - it'd be pretty stupid to claim he's left the country for good if he actually turns up in California today.
Rove could easily appear by remote. No need for him to risk interrrupting his "vacation" and risking immediate apprehenion by U.S. marshalls
He could have, but didn't. Considering that Congress hasn't even decided yet to actually pursue contempt charges, his "risk" was hypothetical at best.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Ender wrote:
Pelranius wrote:
Ender wrote:Nobody has bothered to report about Al-Queda attacking our embassy either, despite the fact it left people dead.
Doesn't change the fact there was a terrorist attack on an American target. Glad we gave up all those rights so the terrorists couldn't attack us anymore.
Ahhh, but they're not attacking us here...
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Stas Bush wrote:I'll be moving to Crimea in a week. If he's still there, I expect much fun reporting on the local TV stations :lol:
When are you up for parole?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!