Ambient movie soundtracks

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Spin Echo
Jedi Master

Ambient movie soundtracks

Post by Spin Echo »

I'm looking for good movie soundtracks to play during the mingling portions during my wedding. Nothing too epic (like Star Wars or Lord of the rings) or too pop-ish. Just something that can play in the background without being too intrusive. Suggestions?
Doom dOom doOM DOom doomity DooM doom Dooooom Doom DOOM!
Maxentius
Padawan Learner

Post by Maxentius »

Are you looking for soundtracks composed mainly for orchestral performances, ala Star Wars and the like, or would soundtracks with songs by varied artists, with vocals, be acceptable as well?

Congratulations on your marriage, by the way.
Rome is an eternal thought in the mind of God... If there were no Rome, I'd dream of her.
--Marcus Licinius Crassus, Spartacus.

Spin Echo
Jedi Master

Post by Spin Echo »

Maxentius wrote:Are you looking for soundtracks composed mainly for orchestral performances, ala Star Wars and the like, or would soundtracks with songs by varied artists, with vocals, be acceptable as well?

Congratulations on your marriage, by the way.
Vocal pieces would be okay so long as the music is low key and not too attention grabbing.

And thanks. :)
Doom dOom doOM DOom doomity DooM doom Dooooom Doom DOOM!
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Titanic soundtrack?
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Saving Private Ryan's soundtrack is well-composed and surprisingly low-key, at least as far as I can recall.

Best wishes.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Dark Knight? :P

On a serious note, check out Pride & Prejudice's soundtrack, or something Jane Austen-y like that. The music is nice and baroque. Speaking of, if your heart is not set on having movie soundtracks exclusively, you could always look for some simple classical or baroque chamber music.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

The Cowboy Bebop soundtrack perhaps. What is that band called again? Something something and the Seatbelts.
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

Oh, ambient, but not spooky. Well there goes half of my suggestions. :P

There's a lesser-known movie by the name of "Me And You And Everyone We Know" that would probably fit the bill.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

salm wrote:The Cowboy Bebop soundtrack perhaps. What is that band called again? Something something and the Seatbelts.
Yoko Kanno.

You can try some ES Posthumus at low volume, but that might be a bit too intrusive.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Does it have to be movie music? Because if you are going for soundtracks, some TV soundtracks are quite good for background music.

Or if you really want something nice with strings, I suggest this CD.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs