Anyone have FotE?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Angry Dave
Redshirt

Anyone have FotE?

Post by Angry Dave »

Since it's no longer on the Archive, does anyone have a copy of FotE they can e-mail me? I've been wanting to read it again for some time and the copy I had got deleted with my hard drive a few years ago.
If you meet these historians I'll tell you what to say
tell them that the Nazis never really went away
They're out there burning houses down and peddling racist lies.
And we'll never rest again until every Nazi dies.
NRS Guardian
Jedi Knight

Post by NRS Guardian »

If you mean Marina's Fist of the Empire I have parts one and two. I can email it to you.
"It is not necessary to hope in order to persevere."
-William of Nassau, Prince of Orange

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.10
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Best. Trek v Wars fic. Ever.

*angry incoherant mumbling about the lack of FOTE III: Kirk's Counterstike*

*shakes fist at Her Grace*

:wink:
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

can i get a copy too? i forgot about that one
Angry Dave
Redshirt

Post by Angry Dave »

That's the one. pm sent.
If you meet these historians I'll tell you what to say
tell them that the Nazis never really went away
They're out there burning houses down and peddling racist lies.
And we'll never rest again until every Nazi dies.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Seriously, people LIKE it? I'm mortally embarrassed that I ever wrote it.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Of course people damn well like it, because its fucking awesome! You think too much about spelling and grammer, not enough about the desperate lack of colossal space battles even in the world of fan fiction. And by god it also gives us hope to dream for a glorious utopian future in which replica battleships with working guns and armor are funded for national scale propaganda!

Heck you even predicted the future with the US Army being forced into using the M1 tank forever, as it will now be required to do under the Future Crap Spreader program.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Sea Skimmer wrote:Of course people damn well like it, because its fucking awesome! You think too much about spelling and grammer, not enough about the desperate lack of colossal space battles even in the world of fan fiction. And by god it also gives us hope to dream for a glorious utopian future in which replica battleships with working guns and real armor are built for national scale propaganda!
The fact that I wrote it when I was like, oh, sixteen and in desperate need of validation, which all the fans provided, really helps too. I'm not sure if I possess any copies--I was going to do a rewritten special edition, but then I had a hard drive crash. But it's probably on one of my old compies I can reboot and grab. Anyhow, I may still do that the next time I have several months convalescent.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
darkjedi521
Youngling

Post by darkjedi521 »

You might also be able to find it under alt.startrek.vs.starwars in google's archives. I seem to remember seeing it posted there, though I may be misremembering several years ago.
Ex ASVS lurker and sometimes poster
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

It's not as good as your later writing, but it has a unique charm of its own. If you must deem the story crap, take heart that FotE is firmly entrenched in So Bad It's Good territory.
NRS Guardian
Jedi Knight

Post by NRS Guardian »

Themightytom wrote:can i get a copy too? i forgot about that one
If you pm me your email I can send it along to you as well.

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Seriously, people LIKE it? I'm mortally embarrassed that I ever wrote it.
Are you kidding me?

Amazing Space Combat
Delicious (though evidently unintentional) Camp
Space Nazis? Heil!
Nuclear Artillery
James T Kirk with an ISD!
And it bears the honorific of beong the only fanfic ever written with a soundtrack by Simon and Garfunkel. And Megadeth.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Col. Crackpot wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Seriously, people LIKE it? I'm mortally embarrassed that I ever wrote it.
Are you kidding me?

Amazing Space Combat
Space Nazis? Heil!
Nuclear Artillery
And it bears the honorific of beong the only fanfic ever written with a soundtrack by Simon and Garfunkel. And Megadeth.
Also Manowar, can't forget Manowar. Eh, okay. Do people REALLY want me to take a crack at writing Kirk's Counterstrike?

My writing style has changed and improved so much that I'd have to really ham it up to write something in the same form, though.

On the other hand, I could see it being a hilarious blast to compose. Need to slip in a few TJ Hooker references while I'm at it...

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:
Are you kidding me?

Amazing Space Combat
Space Nazis? Heil!
Nuclear Artillery
Also Manowar, can't forget Manowar. Eh, okay. Do people REALLY want me to take a crack at writing Kirk's Counterstrike?

My writing style has changed and improved so much that I'd have to really ham it up to write something in the same form, though.

On the other hand, I could see it being a hilarious blast to compose. Need to slip in a few TJ Hooker references while I'm at it...
Your Grace, I would like to (respectfully) suggest that you finish the stories you're already delighting us with.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

EDIT: Please to ignore the double post.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Woman, don't say things like that if you aren't going to do it! :-)
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Oh, it might be another year, but I'm serious enough.

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Col. Crackpot wrote:
Are you kidding me?

Amazing Space Combat
Space Nazis? Heil!
Nuclear Artillery

Denny Crane.
Questor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Questor »

I'd love a copy as well. I remember it from when I was on ASVS.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

We have a word for what this would be in the hilarious Fanfic line of work. We call this stuff 'Crack' because we get adicted and always need more of it.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

Yeah, same here. I havent' read it in a while, it'll be interesting to look back.
NRS Guardian
Jedi Knight

Post by NRS Guardian »

Anyone who wants a copy can pm me and I'll send it along. It's no problem.

While FotE is no De Imperatoribus Galacticus it has a charm of its own, and after reading it I made sure to save a copy so I wouldn't have to worry about trying to find it if I wanted to read it again.

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

NRS Guardian wrote:Anyone who wants a copy can pm me and I'll send it along. It's no problem.

While FotE is no De Imperatoribus Galacticus it has a charm of its own, and after reading it I made sure to save a copy so I wouldn't have to worry about trying to find it if I wanted to read it again.
promises promises, I sent a request yesterday.
NRS Guardian
Jedi Knight

Post by NRS Guardian »

Themightytom wrote:
NRS Guardian wrote:Anyone who wants a copy can pm me and I'll send it along. It's no problem.

promises promises, I sent a request yesterday.
Sorry I didn't check my email Monday. I sent it to you yesterday after I got home from work.

Anyway, I decided to upload it to rapidshare, so here's the link for anyone that wants it. http://rapidshare.com/files/135421643/FotE.zip.html