Jacky Chan to appear in Epsioded III

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Jacky Chan to appear in Epsioded III

Post by Mr Bean »

How would you react to that Headline? :P

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

To be expected, GL did make Greedo shoot first (not to mention the shit with selibate Jedi's, with Midi-chlorians flowing through their veins, wearing desert hermit robes all the time everywhere) so I wouldn't really put anything past him. He'd certainly do it if he thought that it would help at the box-office.

Besides Jackie couldn't possible be half as bad as Jar-Jar, noy even if he intentionaly tried.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I wonder how that would affect the Climatic Obi-won VS Anakin fight sceen if Chan played Obi :P :twisted:

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Mr Bean wrote:I wonder how that would affect the Climatic Obi-won VS Anakin fight sceen if Chan played Obi :P :twisted:
and Chou Yun-Fat as Anikan? :twisted:
JADAFETWA
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I wonder if Chan would play some kind of Jedi or Sith.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

I wouldn't have anything against it, with the exception that the movie might focus a bit too much on Chan's character. However, I'd like to see a Star Wars movie show a martial artist who's NOT a Sith Lord or Jedi Knight.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

IG-88E wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I wonder how that would affect the Climatic Obi-won VS Anakin fight sceen if Chan played Obi :P :twisted:
Chow Yun-Fat isn't that great of a martial artist though. The only time he's made a decent showing of it was in CTHD.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

neoolong wrote:
IG-88E wrote:
Chow Yun-Fat isn't that great of a martial artist though. The only time he's made a decent showing of it was in CTHD.
Which is why Kenobi won. :twisted: :P
JADAFETWA
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Re: Jacky Chan to appear in Epsioded III

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Mr Bean wrote:How would you react to that Headline? :P
It was hypothetical? Good.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

It's not nearly as bad as having N'Sync in the films, or Jar Jar, but I really don't think he'd be right in the SW films.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:I wouldn't have anything against it, with the exception that the movie might focus a bit too much on Chan's character. However, I'd like to see a Star Wars movie show a martial artist who's NOT a Sith Lord or Jedi Knight.
It would be interesting to see someone who can actually fight other than a Force-user. Surely martial arts must exist in the SW galaxy other than lightsaber usage.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

The Dark wrote:
Simon H.Johansen wrote:I wouldn't have anything against it, with the exception that the movie might focus a bit too much on Chan's character. However, I'd like to see a Star Wars movie show a martial artist who's NOT a Sith Lord or Jedi Knight.
It would be interesting to see someone who can actually fight other than a Force-user. Surely martial arts must exist in the SW galaxy other than lightsaber usage.
Probably, but for a good martial arts fight, some time will need to be spent to actually explain the characters and then show the fight. Really no point to it as far as Episode 3 and the stuff it'll have to cover goes.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

wtf...

I can imagine them making up some new lightsaber weaponry just for Chan. With him in it, Ep3 would be more of a comedy.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Lightsaber nunchaku :D. Like the chicken nunchaku from Dungeon Keeper 2.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

The Dark wrote:
Remember that old game SW: Masters of Teras Kasi? Teras Kasi was a martial art, right? :)
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

generator_g1 wrote:
The Dark wrote:
Remember that old game SW: Masters of Teras Kasi? Teras Kasi was a martial art, right? :)
Really? I thought it was a dog.
"Here, Teras Kasi...." :D
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

IG-88E wrote:
yes, and it will be Called Episode III: Crouching Sith Lord, Hidden Jedi
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

The Dark wrote:
There is. Its called Teras Kasi or something like that. Teras Kasi artists can effortlessly kick a stormtroopers ass when he has a blaster.

EDIT: Oops.. I should read the whole thread before i talk.
Yes, i've played masters of teras kasi, but it was also mentioned in Shadows of the Empire
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Remember that wee thing about game mechanics. This seems to be one of those times.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

Chan would make a good stormtrooper. I would love to see a stormie throw down his blaster rifle and open up a can of ninja whup ass on an unsuspecting rebel soldier.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Col. Crackpot wrote:
IG-88E wrote:
yes, and it will be Called Episode III: Crouching Sith Lord, Hidden Jedi
Maybe "Rumble in the Force"? Argh, that hurts physically.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Admiral Griffith
Youngling

Post by Admiral Griffith »

Exonerate wrote:...
wtf...

I can imagine them making up some new lightsaber weaponry just for Chan. With him in it, Ep3 would be more of a comedy.
Not if they get Jet Li for the role. They could give him a pair of force-pikes and have him effortlessly shish-kebabing armed Jedi Knights. :lol:
It is not well for one to trifle in the affairs of the ancient Chinese generals, for they have a tendency to send armies of tens of thousands of warriors after those who challenge them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I like Jackie Chan! I loved Rumble in the Bronx!
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

I wanted Nysnc in AOTC because they were originally going to be shown and killed in under 10 seconds.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Zaku-chan
Rabid Monkey

Post by Zaku-chan »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:I wanted Nysnc in AOTC

WHAT?!?!?!
because they were originally going to be shown and killed in under 10 seconds.
*lowers rifle*

Oh. OK.
"The arrow can only be fired once...we'll see how it lands." -Admiral Delaz
Hail Zeon!
Image = Newtype Monkey, BotM