So I got back to my drawings... (NSFW??? Just to be safe)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Darth Ruinus wrote:Image

I dont know what that is, but I drew it and I like it.
I really like the creepiness of this one. Its like Pan's Labyrinth had a baby with the Holocaust.

Uh, that's a compliment.
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Thanks. I like it too, and I'm a little glad I didn't put lots of pubic hair on it.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Ooh, spiffy. I like the tentacle knife creature thing.
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

So I got kinda tired of drawings monsters and robots and such, so I decided to try to draw some wimmins!

(I'm not entirely sure this warrants a NSFW thing, but I put it there just to be safe anyway)

"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Darth Ruinus wrote:I just use normal pencils and paper, I will look into these pencils. Do they cost alot?

Thank you for telling me.
(Just chiming in, here)

Not really. If you live in the US, companies like Wally World and Staples and Target will carry some basic stuff (staples more so). After that, companies like Micheals and A.C. Moore will carry some more advanced stuff. After that, local art supply stores will carry some damn scary amount of art paper and pencils.

Anyways...

What he's talking about with pencils are simple: Harder pencils are generally used for drafting and are easily erased. Softer pencils leave nice dark lines and are generally used by artists, especially for shading. The standard pencil (#2/HB) is an inbetween pencil, but if you go into most stores that sell some form of office supplies/art stuff you can find a section where you can pick up a set of art pencils which'll have a set of darker/bolder pencils.

Art paper I don't much about, sadly. I just work in office supplies, so I know about pencils. Paper, not so much.
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Damn, I feel silly about not knowing about this stuff. :oops:

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Darth Ruinus wrote: (I'm not entirely sure this warrants a NSFW thing, but I put it there just to be safe anyway)
Hav warrants a NSFW tag because every second picture of his contains full frontal nudity. :wink: You're cool.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Re: So I got back to my drawings... (NSFW??? Just to be safe)

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Some type of stormtrooper I think.

Havok
Miscreant

Re:

Post by Havok »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Darth Ruinus wrote: (I'm not entirely sure this warrants a NSFW thing, but I put it there just to be safe anyway)
Hav warrants a NSFW tag because every second picture of his contains full frontal nudity. :wink: You're cool.
I'm going to go count! :lol:

Darth Ruinus
I dig your style, which I have already said, especially on that last Stormtrooper. It has a very early Star Wars McQuarrie design feel. Very cool. I also like your penciling style. It has a looseness that I think Spanky was talking about when I first started posting drawings here. Keep 'em coming.

Edit: and stop drawing on binder paper. At least use printer paper like I do. :) As for pencils, yeah, I just use a 0.3 and a 0.5 mechanical for actual drawing, and then a .7 or .9 for A LOT of shading, like that Punisher and Havoc drawing I did. I do use comic boards, but I never post those because my scanner isn't big enough and I can't take proper pictures of them with my digital camera. I tried a couple of Thor and my own character, but the looked like shit.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

^ Myself. I don't think its too bad for a first time self portrait.

havokeff: Thanks for the compliment man, means alot coming from one of the best artists in the board IMO. Yeah, the binder paper drawings were because I was in class at the time, so I didn't have access to printer paper, but I usually do use blank papers like printer paper and such. I have used mechanical pencils in the past, but usually I end up breaking them (I usually put alot of pressure on the pencil, something I've been working on) so I don't really like them.

Keep your drawings coming too.

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

^ Judge Dredd killing some Egyptian gods. Yes, I know its on its side. Correcting it would stretch the image, making him seem very thin.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

You can just rotate it in Irfanview, or even in the basic windows picture viewer.

Judge Dredd HE IS THA LAW!! :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That is one enormous gun, dude. :)
What is Project Zohar?

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Oooohh very cool. I love Judge Dredd!
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Done in MS Paint.

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Fuck you and the rest of your artistically talented kind! :wink:
What is Project Zohar?

Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Images with stark contrast must must must must must be encoded as png or bmp or anything but jpeg. Not only will they look better without the compression artifacts, but they may well be smaller.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Damn! Someone else read Armor? I thought I was all alone there.

Your pencil work is very, very good. It may be showing up yellow because of your scanner settings or because DEATH has a shit-ass monitor :) . White whiter whitest copy/print paper is best for drawing and scannning, unless you're doing dimensioned doodles and need graph paper.

As Shroom would say: MOAR!!!
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Oh shit, this is a really old one. It's from 12/01/04 and I entered it into an art contest for an anime club in high school.
Yeah, I used to like Hellsing.

EDIT: Grammar mistakes.
Last edited by Darth Ruinus on 2008-12-30 01:30am, edited 1 time in total.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That's totally awesome!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Nice perspective piece. Your own or "borrowed"? You've got some real skill. Keep working at it.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Hey, Hellsing is awesome. Especially the manga/Ultimate Gaiden Series Anime dx or whatever its called
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

havokeff wrote:Your own or "borrowed"?
My own, the only "borrowed" drawing here is the Gungrave one, everything else is my own.
You've got some real skill. Keep working at it.
Thanks.

Also thanks to everyone else for their compliments too.

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

^ A cloud girl! With a fairy that looks suspisciously similar to those of Zelda games :D

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

"His body and his horse’s body were suddenly splattered upwards, the sickening ripping, squishing, tearing, crunching sound of his body being destroyed overwhelmed with the loud bang of the small explosive.

Mines!
"

A scene from that thing I wrote, translated into comic! I forgot I had left one panel empty though.