SDNWorld Redux - Casting Call & Planning MK II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

And I'm done. Basic skeleton of an OrBat, that is.

Posted it in the Building Your Country thread, but since this gets more views I'll cross-post it.

Just a preliminary OrBat, no unit names yet, for the Republic of Cascadia's military forces using Coyote's points system. I may yet tweak it some more, particularly in cutting down the navy (I was aiming for a decent Navy capable of protecting Cascadian maritime interests and contributing to any allies' overseas efforts that may arise, but I may yet reduce it), but what I was aiming for was a technologically-capable Kingdom-level First World military save for the eight brigades of conscripts that represent National Service (or more specifically, the provincial militia). Also, I figured it was silly that carriers cost so little without attached costs for their wings, so used Coyote's air force flights to reflect a more realistic cost (though I rolled the training/equipment cost into the actual CV cost).

Also, it's out of order by service because I went for the "core" units first and then figured out how to spend the remaining balance of points.

750 total

Mechanized/Guards/Elite Kit = 12 points

Heavy Armored/Guards/Elite Kit = 13 points

Cavalry Armored/Guards/Elite Kit = 12 points

Mechanized/Professional/Professional Kit = 10 points

Aviation Tactical Strike/Guards/Professional = 11 points

5th Generation/Top Gun/Elite Kit = 13 points

Short Deck CV = 12 points
5 Flights of 4th Generation Fighters = 10
5 Flights of 3rd Generaiton Fighters = 5

Cruiser = 6 points

Destroyer = 4 points

Frigate = 2 points

Corvette = 1 point

SSI Closed Circuit Subs = 3 points

Hospital Ships = 4 points

Heavy Replenishment Ship = 4 points

Light Replenishment Ship = 2 points

Tanker/Oiler = 2 points

Recovery/Salvage ships = 2 points

4th Generation/Professional/Professional Kit = 7 points

3rd Generation/Professional/Conscript Kit = 5 points

Motorized/Professional/Professional Kit = 9 points

Armored Cavalry/Professional/Conscript Kit = 9 points

Aviation Attack Chopper/Professional/Conscript Kit = 7 points

Airborne/Professional/Professional = 8 points
Air Transport = 2 points (making that up since I don't see anything for it on Coyote's table)

Light/Guards/Professional = 8 points

Light/Professional/Professional = 7 points

Light/Conscript/Conscript = 5 points

”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

Provided we get a map of some sort, Friday sounds fine.
tiny friendly crab.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Raj Ahten wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Your moderator is reporting for duty. Do you want me to start things off?
I would humbly suggest starting on Friday. That would give everyone some time to make last minute adjustments and get some form of map for the world up. What does everyone think?

I can do it friday evening if there's no objection, yeah.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

I agree with Friday being the Start date.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Friday Evening, or rather Saturday Morning Sin/HK time should be fine.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Friday is fine by me.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

I don't forsee any problems with Friday.
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

I have no problem with the start date, though I'll be disappearing shortly thereafter.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Friday is good; I was halfway considering making a sort of "prologues" thread to start channeling the creative energy-- and avoid losing momentum. But even without a map, as long as we keep geographical references vague, we can still get started with some of our internal politics, at least.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

I totally misread that as 'infernal politics' just now. :P
tiny friendly crab.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Slight changes to my nation state's navy and army....

Subtract 20 divisions from my reserve army; with another 15 in the process of standing down.

4 + SSGNs built
5 + SSGNs building
4 + SSGNs planned
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Coyote wrote:Friday is good; I was halfway considering making a sort of "prologues" thread to start channeling the creative energy-- and avoid losing momentum. But even without a map, as long as we keep geographical references vague, we can still get started with some of our internal politics, at least.
I love this idea so much that I will now start such a thread with an initial prologue.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

It will be great to have something to trigger some momentum to drive the impetus for diplomacy.

That aside, would anyone object if I call out for the +1 modifier for longetivity? I am about near 5% of 5000 posts.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Shepistan Weapons Systems:

Land Weapons Systems

NOTE: The Shepistani Army reserves are in the process of great reorganization, with over 15 divisions already having been eliminated and another 10 planned for elimination, in an attempt to constrain costs to allow for the development of higher technology weapons.

Tanks: T-55, T-64, T-72, and M-60 series all are prevalent in varying states of modernization.

IFVs: BMP-1, BMP-2, and AIFV series all are prevalent in varying states of modernization.

APCs: M113 and BTR series are all are prevalent in varying states of modernization.

Small Arms: The SR-85 is the primary weapon of the Shepistani Army; being a significantly improved development of the AK-47 to improve range and accuracy, while retaining the ruggedness of the Kalashnikov series.

1,392 Tanks, 888 IFVs, 1,480 APCs

Aerospace Weapons Systems

B-56G Stratojet: 450 in service with SAC. Heavily evolved four-engined version of Stratojet.

Basic Mission: Carries a 10,000 lb payload ato a combat radius of 2,130 nm at a cruise speed of 426 kts at a cruise altitude of 30-46,000 ft. Combat speed of 485 kts and service ceiling of 43-48,000 ft (depending on fuel load).

Payload:
1 x 22,000 lb bomb
or
1 x 12,000 lb bomb
or
2 x 4,000 lb bombs
or
6 x 2,000 lb bombs
or
12 x 1,000 lb bombs

RB-56H Stratojet: 225 in service with SAC. Heavily evolved four-engined version of Stratojet modified for the Electronic Warfare, and Reconnaisance roles. Wartime role is to create jamming corridors in an enemy's Air Defense Network that the B-56Gs can fly through.

Basic Mission: Carries electronic warfare and photographic reconnaisance equipment to a radius of 2,300 nm at a cruise speed of 426 kts at a cruise altitude of 30-46,000 ft. Combat speed of 484 kts and service ceiling of 43-48,000 ft (depending on fuel load).

Payload:
Electronic/Reconnaisance Capsule

DB-56J Stratojet: 90 in service with SAC. Heavily evolved four-engined version of Stratojet. Used as launch/director aircraft for long range cruise missiles. Wartime role is to destroy vital enemy ADA sites from long range to reduce danger to RB-56Hs and B-56Gs.

KC-22 Antonov 300 in service with SAC. Four engined turboprop tanker. Conversion of Antonov 22s into airborne tankers (hence the KC-22 designation).

F-105K Thunderchief: 288 in service with TAC. Single engined fighter-bomber. Primary mission is the destruction of heavily defended enemy assets. Heavy modification of the F-105 airplane into a virtually all new aircraft, with new-build aircraft being delivered beginning in 1984. Key to the K Model Thunderchief is the Japanistani TF15 afterburning turbofan built under license in Shepistan. The TF15 produces 20,950 lbs of dry thrust and an astonishing 34,200 lbs of afterburning thrust; some 22% to 29% better than the old J75 on earlier Thunderchiefs, while having decreased SFC and weight. New composite-reinforced wings allow a heavier MTOW and bombload, along with a faster sea level speed of 800 knots (compared to 726 of older models). New wingtip hardpoints were added during the wing redesign process to allow a greater variety of munitions to be carried. Fuel tanks were also added to the edges of the wing for greater endurange.

F-100G Super Sabre: 216 in service with TAC. Single engined fighter-bomber. Primary mission is to act as COIN aircraft in the mountainous regions. G models are F-model Sabres built in the 1970s upgraded with F404 engines and modern heads up displays. In the interdiction mission, they can deliver 3,360 lbs of Mk 82s to 340 nautical miles; or 1,650 lbs of bombs to 650 nm with 2 x 335 gallon drop tanks. Future upgrade to the H model is planned with a digital fly by wire system to eliminate the F-100's pilot killing characteristics, which while mitgated in the G model, are not quite fully gone.

F-101G Voodoos: 432 in service with TAC. Twin-engined multi-role aircraft. Continued evolution of F-101B two-seat model. H model Voodoos are new-build aircraft built from 1980 onwards; with F404 engines and modern radars. In an area intercept role, they can carry 2,000 lbs of air to air weaponry to a combat radius of 750 nautical miles at a cruise speed of 460~ knots with two 450 gallon drop tanks. Due to the reduction in volume of the new air-to-air radars; a pair of 20mm revolver cannons are fitted with 200 rounds per gun in the nose.

F-104K Starfighter: 72 in service with ADC; 360 in service in Reserves. The type is rapidly being retired to the reserves; and even the reserves are trying their hardest to get rid of the type; for it has a limited combat radius of only 440~ nm with two AIM-9 class weapons and two drop tanks containing 400 gallons of fuel.

F-99F BOMARC: 2,400 in service with ADC. Long Range Heavy SAM. Designed to destroy enemy combat aircraft and missiles at ranges exceeding 600 nautical miles at a cruise speed of Mach 3.4 at 83,000 feet. When fired against low altitude targets in search mode, it has a range exceeding 300 miles. The F models differ over the earlier E models in that they now carry a small internal on board jammer to decoy enemy missiles. 384 lb warhead enables both fixed and aerial targets to be attacked and destroyed with a high probability of success.

F-106H Delta Dart: 504 in service with ADC. Single engined interceptor. Brand new construction. Deliveries began in 1984. Once again, as with the F-105K, the Japanistani TF15 is key to the F-106H's astounding performance, offering 22% to 29% greater thrust for lower installed weight and SFC. It is rumored that the preproduction aircraft exceeded Mach 3 in a dive; though this claim cannot be verified by independent aerospace experts. Other major changes include a redesign of the nose to mount the AN/ASG-30, an all-digital version of the AN/ASG-18.

Mig-15/17 288 in service in Reserves. Most have been re-engined with CFE738 Turbofans, for improved reliability and operating costs, along with significantly increased ranges (0.369 SFC vs 0.9 SFC). Mainly used as flying trainers for the Shepistani Civil Air Patrol (SCAP). In case of war, the SCAP becomes an auxilary of the Shepistani Air Force (SAF).

F-84L Thunderjet 576 in service with reserves. Primary aircraft of the Shepistani Air Force Reserves. Most date from the 1960s, when production of the F-84 finally ceased in Shepistan. Each year, about 24 are stricken from service due to fatigue limits. The L model adds a glass HUD, along with digital engine controllers to simplify the pilot's workload. There is much concern over the future of the Shepistani Air Force Reserves; for at present rates of attrition, every three years, a Fighter Group is subtracted from the rolls. Accordingly, a tender has been placed to begin the Light Attack Plane, Reserve (LAPR) to all interested parties.

Naval Weapons Systems

Montgomery-Class Guided Missile Destroyers (Analogous to OTL Kidd Class): Eight are currently in service with the Shepistani Navy. Plans to refit them with VLS and NTU-style upgrades have been placed on hold due to the burgeoning Shepistani Nuclear Propulsion Program.

Tang-Class Attack Submarines (analogous to OTL Kilo Class): Fifteen are currently in service with the Shepistani Navy, and form the bulk of the Shepistani Navy. Many are laid up, due to the burgeoning Special Submarine Force.

Permit-Class Special Submarine: One is presently in service with the Shepistani Navy. She displaces 13,500 tons surfaced and 23,500 tons submerged, and is powered by two PWRs. Top speed is reportedly 24 knots submerged. She reportedly carries a significant guided land attack capability.

Flasher-Class Special Submarines: Two are in service. Developed using experience gained in production of Permit Class. Displacement is 16,250 tons surfaced and 26,500 tons submerged.

Jack-Class Special Submarines: One in service, two more building, one more planned. Considered the second generation of Shepistani SSNs. 26,500 tons surfaced, 36,700 tons submerged.

Gato-Class Special Submarine: Planned Third Generation Shepistani SSN. Two are tentatively planned, with possibly exensions to a four boat class. Estimated size is 30,000 tons surfaced, 40,000 tons submerged.
Last edited by MKSheppard on 2008-08-21 02:34am, edited 3 times in total.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Zor, if you want to have PeZookia help you in your war for independence, you should really move the rebellion to an earlier date - best time would be during the Gaymean War (1790?), since after that little scuffle, PeZookia wasn't looking for another fight with Shroomania, and relations started warming up.

And I have no problems with Friday :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Quick note to all: Those who did their maps and didn't post them on the Map thread, post them there now. The url: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=124704

I know some haven't posted the most updated ones. So do so.
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

:( I fear due to various IRL problems I'll have to bail out of the game... I'm in tough financial straits (most Russians are nowadays, so I guess it's normal), since I have to support my entire family now not just myself alone. I no longer have so much free time to spend.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stas Bush wrote::( I fear due to various IRL problems I'll have to bail out of the game... I'm in tough financial straits (most Russians are nowadays, so I guess it's normal), since I have to support my entire family now not just myself alone. I no longer have so much free time to spend.
:cry: Damn. I'm sorry Stas. :cry:

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote::( I fear due to various IRL problems I'll have to bail out of the game... I'm in tough financial straits (most Russians are nowadays, so I guess it's normal), since I have to support my entire family now not just myself alone. I no longer have so much free time to spend.
Oh no... :cry: Shall we just roleplay your nation or something? :?
Kreia
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Damn Shame, you were one of the Lifeblood Members of the first incarnation, I am sorry for your problems.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Sure, if someone did the bulk projecting for my nation and I was more like checking on it, I could RP it a little. But I can't make my OOB, too much time.

But I can no longer make world maps and all the cool stuff I did for the first game, sorry :(

Also, I thought to call my new nation "Republic of the Crimson Star" and change it to a more "ailing technocracy which used to be powerful" set rather than the "rising red power" which I used to play with in the last game.

Anyway, if someone wants to help out with the OOB, I guess I could tackle making a few posts each day.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

^Well, you are an Imperium, so I guess you might just copy and paste some Imperium's OOB and then rename the equipment.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

You guys are so gonna owe me:

World Map Redux

First iteration ; Just the incomplete Old Continent: Canissia, Shroomania, PeZookia, the USSR, Stas's Country, Khitan and the Border States.

It will go faster if people e-mail me their country maps as pure outlines, along with a short mention of where they want their country to be.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Christ, Q is a dick!

So...no coming back? But he promised that if I quit, he'd put me back right where he found me! Agh. Shithead :P

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

PeZook wrote:Christ, Q is a dick!

So...no coming back? But he promised that if I quit, he'd put me back right where he found me! Agh. Shithead :P
As it happens, I was in Omsk at the time.

He will put you right back where he found you. Six hundred years in the future.

It's typical Q, dicking you over on the details.