SDNWorld Redux - Casting Call & Planning MK II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: As it happens, I was in Omsk at the time.

He will put you right back where he found you. Six hundred years in the future.

It's typical Q, dicking you over on the details.
In this case, we shall immediatelly commence research into Q-tech, and then kill the fucker :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

PeZook wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote: As it happens, I was in Omsk at the time.

He will put you right back where he found you. Six hundred years in the future.

It's typical Q, dicking you over on the details.
In this case, we shall immediatelly commence research into Q-tech, and then kill the fucker :P
*briefly halts the time-stream and slaps you with a wet cod* Now now, there are, unfortunately, rules here. And Q is writing them.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: *briefly halts the time-stream and slaps you with a wet cod* Now now, there are, unfortunately, rules here. And Q is writing them.
I'm pretty sure Q would have an amusing comment about my first reaction to the news was to think about killing someone :P

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Last Call: Is ANYONE GOING TO OBJECT me becoming a TSARDOM based on the longetivity +1 modifier?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Last Call: Is ANYONE GOING TO OBJECT me becoming a TSARDOM based on the longetivity +1 modifier?
Will I have to alter your land area if you do? because I just added Byzantium to the map :P

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:You guys are so gonna owe me:

World Map Redux

First iteration ; Just the incomplete Old Continent: Canissia, Shroomania, PeZookia, the USSR, Stas's Country, Khitan and the Border States.

It will go faster if people e-mail me their country maps as pure outlines, along with a short mention of where they want their country to be.
Where's Byzantium? Don't forget I extend all the way from the Balkans to Jerusalem and throw in Egypt, Syria.

EDIT: PeZook, it's fine to just throw in Turkey + Greece + Jerusalem. Most of the interior land is desert which suits me just fine. There aren't much by way of cities and mostly mountains there.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Where's Byzantium? Don't forget I extend all the way from the Balkans to Jerusalem and throw in Egypt, Syria.

EDIT: PeZook, it's fine to just throw in Turkey + Greece + Jerusalem. Most of the interior land is desert which suits me just fine. There aren't much by way of cities and mostly mountains there.
I just uploaded the map with Byzantium included.

Won't be able to do more just now. I also changed the scale, since with 10 cm = 1000 km it turned out PeZookia was 1 million sq. km. in size :D

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Well me, Steve, Wilkens, Beo and Marius have us a continent. The borders are still being fine-tuned but there's agreement on the general placement (it's a rip of North America, FYI):

I (Shinra Republic) am mostly the US, minus some of the southwest, Gulf Coast, and the Cascadia region, and I also extend somewhat into Canada as a result. This makes me basically the center of the continent.

Wilkens (Wilkonia) is basically Central America down to Panama, with some of the US Southwest and the Gulf Coast east over to Florida. He is, of course, on my southern border.

Beowulf (Tian Xia) is Canada, less the slices that myself, Steve (though I don't think it's as much from him) and Marius might have.

Steve is basically Cascadia. Some of Northern Cali, Oregon, Washington State, and some of Canada. Google it if you want to see. So he's strictly west coast.

MariusRoi (Republic of Alaska) is Alaska-ish. Up in the northwest.

Now it's not a straight rip of North and Central America; that'd be too big. It'll be scaled down to a size appropriate to the three Imperiums who make up most of the landmass, with MariusRoi's Alaska added on (Steve's Alaska, since it's contained within the continent, won't affect the overall outline's scale too much). The continent itself may even be a little "warped" to keep the relative scales intact. We'll have to wait and see.

But now you all have a general idea of where the four of us are going to be.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:I just uploaded the map with Byzantium included.

Won't be able to do more just now. I also changed the scale, since with 10 cm = 1000 km it turned out PeZookia was 1 million sq. km. in size :D
Looks great PeZook, though you might want to shade the land stretching down on the coast to Jerusalem, since I conquered it and hold it.

But great. Thanks! :D
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Stas Bush wrote::( I fear due to various IRL problems I'll have to bail out of the game... I'm in tough financial straits (most Russians are nowadays, so I guess it's normal), since I have to support my entire family now not just myself alone. I no longer have so much free time to spend.
:cry: Sorry to hear that Stas. I hope things work out OK.
Stas Bush wrote:Sure, if someone did the bulk projecting for my nation and I was more like checking on it, I could RP it a little. But I can't make my OOB, too much time.

But I can no longer make world maps and all the cool stuff I did for the first game, sorry :(

Also, I thought to call my new nation "Republic of the Crimson Star" and change it to a more "ailing technocracy which used to be powerful" set rather than the "rising red power" which I used to play with in the last game.

Anyway, if someone wants to help out with the OOB, I guess I could tackle making a few posts each day.
I wouldn't mind stealing an Imperium's OOB and RP your country(I have time to spare :) ). Of course only if you want me to. You were a big part of the first game and you helped me out a few times so I figure I should help you out.

So just let me know and we'll work something out. :wink:

Also:

PeZook great map.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

DarthShady wrote:
I wouldn't mind stealing an Imperium's OOB and RP your country(I have time to spare :) ). Of course only if you want me to. You were a big part of the first game and you helped me out a few times so I figure I should help you out.

So just let me know and we'll work something out. :wink:

Also:

PeZook great map.

Hijacking another country that you could never achieve due to lack of contribution to the board ftw! :roll:
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Hijacking another country that you could never achieve due to lack of contribution to the board ftw! Rolling Eyes
Dude. Relax. I just wanted to help the guy out. I wouldn't be playing it like it was my country. I would just make an OOB for it and post something like once a month(when Stas is unable) just to keep it alive. Stas said he could RP a little each day.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Waycool map... and tragically unfortunate about Stas. :cry:
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

DarthShady wrote:
Dude. Relax. I just wanted to help the guy out.

Ya, sure thing buddy.

Also,

IT'S A VAMPIRE, KILL IT! *BAM BAM!*
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I have no idea where I should be placed, to be honest (obviously nobody's going to let me have an island).

Maybe I should formally ally with Shepistan and Japanistan this time around :P
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

Well, the MESS does seem to have quite a lot of powerful members. Somewhat unbalanced, power bloc wise.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Setzer wrote:Well, the MESS does seem to have quite a lot of powerful members. Somewhat unbalanced, power bloc wise.
We'll be perfectly good neighbors, no need to worry. Just pay the "protection" money on time and all will be well.

Oh, yeah-- don't forget the fellatio. Lots of fellatio.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Setzer wrote:Well, the MESS does seem to have quite a lot of powerful members. Somewhat unbalanced, power bloc wise.
Quite so. That said, I currently see four power blocs:

FTO: Mutual-defense treaty by a bunch of little powers scared shitless of the big boys. Their entire combined navy is mostly for defense and out-tonned entirely by some of the larger Imperium navies.

MESS: Big power block mostly of, well, the MESS members. The usual heavy-hitter who likes to throw their weight around.

FUN: Shroom's group, for a good number of random unaligned powers.

Axis of Evil: Shep, Sea Skimmer and I? Maybe we can add in Steve if he's accepting.

Random observations: right now, the New Continent is heavily biased to the MESS, perhaps too much. I'll join it if people want, though it seems petty much "built out" right now.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

phongn wrote: Axis of Evil: Shep, Sea Skimmer and I? Maybe we can add in Steve if he's accepting.
Isn't Steve on Mess Continent Four?
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Coyote wrote:
We'll be perfectly good neighbors, no need to worry. Just pay the "protection" money on time and all will be well.

Oh, yeah-- don't forget the fellatio. Lots of fellatio.
Doesn't Setzer happen to be in the Navy?
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

phongn wrote:MESS: Big power block mostly of, well, the MESS members. The usual heavy-hitter who likes to throw their weight around.
Pffsh, we only did that when somebody else bombed people. We're actually pretty nice, all things considered.
phongn wrote:Axis of Evil: Shep, Sea Skimmer and I? Maybe we can add in Steve if he's accepting.
He's on a continent with three MESS Imperium. Allying himself with Shep would probably not be in his best interests, especially since he and Lonestar are already planning some border skirmishes.

Really, anybody allying with Shep probably isn't a good idea. Most of us remember what happened last time (In-Universe even) after all.
phongn wrote:Random observations: right now, the New Continent is heavily biased to the MESS, perhaps too much. I'll join it if people want, though it seems petty much "built out" right now.
I have no idea where we could stick another Imperium over there, to be honest. Not with keeping some measure of scale for Steve and MariusRoi.

I suppose if you really wanted you could be scrunched up South America type underneath Wilkonia? Or even go be your ruthless capitalist self on the Old Dominion/Shepistan continent. They apparently don't have much else down there. You can be the regional power. :wink:

Oh, and for what it's worth, I don't care if you're an island. If it comes down to it there are plenty of ways to isolate you that don't require an actual invasion, after all. Of course I'd hope you could work well with the rest of the world community since we're all kind of stuck here and it's real.

I like the setup, honestly. It's not a game, it's real. That's how I tried to play it last time. It'd be nice if we could get more of that. Keeps things interesting as you don't really want the world to end (in theory). Brinksmanship is more interesting (especially in how you get things to calm back down) than "Ha ha all my nukes launched!"

In my not-so-humble opinion, anyway. :)
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I don't think that's exactly unprecedented in reality.

Besides, Phong was telling me about some of the ASVS STGODs where there were the hyperpowers, and then there were the little "powers" that just prayed none of the big boys got bored and decided to crush them one day. So apparently this isn't the unusual by STGOD standards, either. :)
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Doesn't Setzer happen to be in the Navy?
He is, and is even a part of the usergroup, though not terribly active in there.

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Shady wrote:So just let me know and we'll work something out.
Could work. I could be the "big guy" who can smack some Third World nation which would dare to attack my fellow allied nations.

*weighs stuff*

I'll be a player, but not as active as last time (I got a mapmaker positions which was cool, but maps do take a lot of time). I'll make my OOB tomorrow (basically borrow one and put Russian tech into it).

I'll trust Shady not to abuse my power. I'll enter a pact called "Red Faction" with him (Crimson Star Republic + USSR, seems allright to me), and play from work when I have lunchtime (I eat much faster than 1 hour, anyway).
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Loiny, relax. The way I see it , if Stas agrees to Shady managing his nation day-to-day, he won't be allowed to make actual policy decision, he'll just write out the game posts that Stas won't have time to type out.

...I'm not allowed to call Lonestar "Loiny", am I? :P

Anyway, I need somebody for my northern border. Who else is on the Old Continent, so that I can stick them there? :P

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote:
Shady wrote:So just let me know and we'll work something out.
Could work. I could be the "big guy" who can smack some Third World nation which would dare to attack my fellow allied nations.

*weighs stuff*

I'll be a player, but not as active as last time (I got a mapmaker positions which was cool, but maps do take a lot of time). I'll make my OOB tomorrow (basically borrow one and put Russian tech into it).

I'll trust Shady not to abuse my power. I'll enter a pact called "Red Faction" with him (Crimson Star Republic + USSR, seems allright to me), and play from work when I have lunchtime (I eat much faster than 1 hour, anyway).
How about co-working the K-2 Black Panther with me?

I wouldn't mind entering some degree of a pact as well, like the last time.
Kreia