This is how you do an insurance commercial

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

This is how you do an insurance commercial

Post by Bounty »

There's a Dutch insurer called... well, they changed their name but their catchline is still "better call Apeldoorn". Their commercials were always pretty good (example the first, the second) but their latest effort is without a doubt the best home insurance commercial I've ever seen. The first bit of Dutch text in the clip is "better call Apeldoorn", the second one "...perhaps not".

The clip
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

ROFL, that was great.
I liked how all the initial imagery implied that the ship was huge, the invaders were ruthless, and we were fucked, when the situation was actually vastly to the contrary. :lol:
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

Brilliantly executed and a stylish HGTTG riff. I actually enjoy watching clever or entertaining commercials when they crop up, I pissed myself laughing at that British Nike commercial that involved a giant belly bouncing around town after a dude. The tagline? "Ditch the belly."
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:Brilliantly executed and a stylish HGTTG riff. I actually enjoy watching clever or entertaining commercials when they crop up, I pissed myself laughing at that British Nike commercial that involved a giant belly bouncing around town after a dude. The tagline? "Ditch the belly."
The band with the song "Belly's gonna getcha" in that ad is Raging Speedhorn. Totally wasn't expecting them to get in a Nike advert.

Also, that advert probably stole that gag from south park.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Zuul wrote:
TithonusSyndrome wrote:Brilliantly executed and a stylish HGTTG riff. I actually enjoy watching clever or entertaining commercials when they crop up, I pissed myself laughing at that British Nike commercial that involved a giant belly bouncing around town after a dude. The tagline? "Ditch the belly."
The band with the song "Belly's gonna getcha" in that ad is Raging Speedhorn. Totally wasn't expecting them to get in a Nike advert.

Holy crap that Nike one is fantastic, and I really didn't expect the music to as cool as it was. Belly
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Zuul wrote:

No South Park episode I have seen, I tell you. That ad is at least five years old and probably older; how old is the episode you're thinking of?
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Oh man, those were hilarious! The Voodoo doll, ooh, and the poor copper.
XXXI
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Phantasee wrote:Oh man, those were hilarious! The Voodoo doll, ooh, and the poor copper.
I don't know what it is with Dutch insurers, but they do some pretty sweet commercials.

"Must be insured by Delta Lloyd"

Skates and balls of steel

You don't mess with an angry midget
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Midget one was awesome! And it's even funnier to me cause a day ago, me and my criminal justice classmates were asking one of our teachers if a midget could be a real police officer, and then we suggested the midget could be a mounted K-9 officer.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:
Zuul wrote:

No South Park episode I have seen, I tell you. That ad is at least five years old and probably older; how old is the episode you're thinking of?
Excuse my work-addled mind. The second paragraph is actually referencing the advert in the OP, not the Nike one.

There was a south park episode that started with a really fearsome looking alien invading Earth, the craft made a suitably awesome entrance, the alien emerged and then the schoolbus ran it over since it was tiny.
Last edited by Rye on 2008-09-04 04:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Zuul wrote: There was a south park episode that started with a really fearsome looking alien invading Earth, the craft made a suitably awesome entrance, the alien emerged and then the schoolbus ran it over since it was tiny.
They do it in Both Men In Black Movies as well. It's hardly an original idea.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Didn't Douglas Adams originally do the tiny invasion force thwarted by banal earth object shtick?
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Yeah, that's what I said.
TithonusSyndrome wrote:Brilliantly executed and a stylish HGTTG riff
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I just assumed that was some band I'd never heard of, to be honest. :P
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

lol same. Should have looked harder :D
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage