Obama 2008

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Obama 2008

Post by Cosmic Average »

I decided to make a little 'campaign picture' of future-President Obama:

I took a photograph of Obama and cut him out, desaturated, messed with the levels, posterized, colorized, then added a few filters, and placed him in the circle there.

Kinda nervous here... What do you think?
Masami von Weizegger
Padawan Learner

Post by Masami von Weizegger »

Barack Obama wants America to join the European Union? Is the European Union?

It's not like it's bad, but it seems a little uninspired. Does it 'mean' anything or is it just Obama's head in a circle?
"That a man might embiggen his soul"
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

here is a slight hint my good man
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Masami von Weizegger
Padawan Learner

Post by Masami von Weizegger »

Then it shouldn't be yellow stars on a blue background. It's obviously going to bring up similarities to the EU flag.
"That a man might embiggen his soul"
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Yeah, white stars, with the blue and white lining being red and blue stripes. Cheesy, tacky, stereotypical? Yes. Effective? Well yeah. Americans are kinda conditioned to go into mindless patriotism mode whenever flags or flaglike regalia appear (totally took advantage of it in both high school and college marching band - whenever the show totally sucked, as in "people are spontaneously combusting and running into the walls" sucking, just wave a giant flag on the field for no reason and the whole audience will start applauding like it's the best show ever and totally ignore the chaos around the flag.)
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

Masami von Weizegger wrote:Barack Obama wants America to join the European Union? Is the European Union?

It's not like it's bad, but it seems a little uninspired. Does it 'mean' anything or is it just Obama's head in a circle?
It means, 'Vote for Obama in 2008'. :o

As for the yellow stars... Totally didn't mean for it to resemble the EU flag. I just thought, blue for the democrats, plus stars in a circle to make it look presidential. White stars didn't show up too well so I changed them to yellow...
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Lurlene! See, I dun told you! That colored fella from the tee-vee is a commie from Yur-up! Jus' like Cooter said he wuz!
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy