Armageddon???? Epilogue Up

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Zim
Youngling

Post by Zim »

Singular Quartet wrote:
Typhonis 1 wrote:Well murder trials become more interesting. Nothing like a tape or teleconferenced talk with the victim in Hell and they identifying their murderer to realy make the klegal system fun.
Who says they have to tell the truth?
I'm thinking the courts will just make the defendants remove their tin-foil hat then have the succubi read their minds.

Luga, private eye.
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

Typhonis 1 wrote:The Croc Hunter has returned.
Oh, shit. I can just imagine a "Wyvern Hunter" TV show from Hell.

Of course, Steve Irwin probably did manage to escape during his time in Hell. That man could stare down the scariest shit on earth, nothing in Hell is going to make him bat an eye.
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Hmm....did stuart address the issue of a person who died at a young age having a more active body than a person who died in old age?

If a person is 90-100 years old. and can't even walk properly, does this mean he can't walk properly in hell as well?

If this is the case, then doesn't this means it is better for you to die young rather than dying at an old age?
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

ray245 wrote:Hmm....did stuart address the issue of a person who died at a young age having a more active body than a person who died in old age?

If a person is 90-100 years old. and can't even walk properly, does this mean he can't walk properly in hell as well?

If this is the case, then doesn't this means it is better for you to die young rather than dying at an old age?
It's sort of a compromise position. You get your body at the time of death, but generally in a lot better shape. So Caesar is still balding but could beat up pro football linebackers one-handed.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Zim wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:
Typhonis 1 wrote:Well murder trials become more interesting. Nothing like a tape or teleconferenced talk with the victim in Hell and they identifying their murderer to realy make the klegal system fun.
Who says they have to tell the truth?
I'm thinking the courts will just make the defendants remove their tin-foil hat then have the succubi read their minds.

Luga, private eye.
But then won't you need to have the area be shielded so that the only capable mind-entrant is the court-appointed/sanctioned succubi?
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I wonder if Demons with human weapons would make a NASTY insurgency or something...
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Depends. If they get small arms, they of course will be nasty on the infantry scale and could potentially even overmatch human infantry, considering how they managed to rough up the 10th Mountain Division during the 'Bronze Age' attack on Hit, Iraq. Without heavier weapons combined with the systems that go into making war, though, I can't see them being any better off than, say, the "OPFOR" in the Iraq conflict.
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
Stuart
Sith Devotee

Post by Stuart »

Zim wrote: I'm thinking the courts will just make the defendants remove their tin-foil hat then have the succubi read their minds. Luga, private eye.
Succubae (and other demons) don't read minds per se. They have the ability to possess minds by imposing their thought patterns on to those minds and they can sense what kind of mind they are interacting with but they can't actually read thoughts. The way a demon possessed a mind is to create a mental picture of what he or she wants the victim to perceive and then uses a power based on quantum entanglement to impose that mental picture on teh mind of the victim.

So, for example, a succubus might hold a mental picture of Eva Longoria (for example) and entangle the mind of a victim so said victim sees the succubus as looking like Eva Longoria. That's one reason why teh demons never gota clue about how quickly humans developed once they'd cast off the chains of dogmatic thinking; they couldn't read minds and didn't know what questions to ask.
Nations do not survive by setting examples for others
Nations survive by making examples of others
Zim
Youngling

Post by Zim »

Stuart wrote:
Zim wrote: I'm thinking the courts will just make the defendants remove their tin-foil hat then have the succubi read their minds. Luga, private eye.
Succubae (and other demons) don't read minds per se. They have the ability to possess minds by imposing their thought patterns on to those minds and they can sense what kind of mind they are interacting with but they can't actually read thoughts. The way a demon possessed a mind is to create a mental picture of what he or she wants the victim to perceive and then uses a power based on quantum entanglement to impose that mental picture on teh mind of the victim.

So, for example, a succubus might hold a mental picture of Eva Longoria (for example) and entangle the mind of a victim so said victim sees the succubus as looking like Eva Longoria. That's one reason why teh demons never gota clue about how quickly humans developed once they'd cast off the chains of dogmatic thinking; they couldn't read minds and didn't know what questions to ask.
Couldn't the succubi just "enrapture" the accused and make them tell the truth? Or it would just be a case of making the entranced saying what the court/succubi wants to hear?
Stuart
Sith Devotee

Post by Stuart »

Zim wrote: Couldn't the succubi just "enrapture" the accused and make them tell the truth? Or it would just be a case of making the entranced saying what the court/succubi wants to hear?
The power to make the victim tell the truth isn't there. A succubus (or any demon, its just that succubae have more highly developed powers in this area) can make an unshielded victim say what the succubae wants them to say but that's it.

So, a succubus could make an unprotected person say "Yes, I did it." but cannot make that person tell the truth if the succubus doesn't know what that truth is. Remember, the demonic power is mind-possession and control. The succubus can only make the person 'tell the truth" if she knows what the truth is and makes teh victim say what she knows. Even then, the victim is saying it because she wants him to, not because it happens to be the truth.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Hey, Stuart, thinking about kitten, a thought entered my mind a while back: when she dies, does her surgery stay the same? Or does it revert to pre-op?

And if it does, is it even possible to affect that sort of change to a deceased person, given their regenerative abilities?
EDIT: hell, thinking about it, could hormone therapy even work? Or maybe some genetics genius trick her body into "regenerating" to the correct gender?

On another note, this is making me think about the truly horrific amount of torture you could do to someone, and how all the evidence would disappear within a day or two.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Singular Quartet wrote:Hey, Stuart, thinking about kitten, a thought entered my mind a while back: when she dies, does her surgery stay the same? Or does it revert to pre-op?

And if it does, is it even possible to affect that sort of change to a deceased person, given their regenerative abilities?
EDIT: hell, thinking about it, could hormone therapy even work? Or maybe some genetics genius trick her body into "regenerating" to the correct gender?

On another note, this is making me think about the truly horrific amount of torture you could do to someone, and how all the evidence would disappear within a day or two.
Again, Caesar's appearance is as historical, so the body is maximized based on its condition on death and not altered like that to some ideal form.

And of course you can still do cosmetic and reconstructive surgery on a dead person--you just need to slow down their metabolism first, probably by freezing them almost to the point of death. The advantage is that it will heal much faster, too.

Mind you, to some extent I suspect the creation is however based on self-image. It's just that self-image is fairly highly dependent on what you actually look like, since it's your reference for yourself. Just subtly more attractive, usually.

It's not like it's the actual physical form, after all. So state of mind probably matters a lot when you die.

Though that could create an awesome lawsuit.

"You're being sued for twelve million dollars!"

"WHAT!?"

"Just before my client Mister Pearson died, you told him to 'imagine being a hot chick.' He is now stuck in a woman's body for eternity! We're taking this to court!"
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

Stuart wrote:
Zim wrote: Couldn't the succubi just "enrapture" the accused and make them tell the truth? Or it would just be a case of making the entranced saying what the court/succubi wants to hear?
The power to make the victim tell the truth isn't there. A succubus (or any demon, its just that succubae have more highly developed powers in this area) can make an unshielded victim say what the succubae wants them to say but that's it.

So, a succubus could make an unprotected person say "Yes, I did it." but cannot make that person tell the truth if the succubus doesn't know what that truth is. Remember, the demonic power is mind-possession and control. The succubus can only make the person 'tell the truth" if she knows what the truth is and makes teh victim say what she knows. Even then, the victim is saying it because she wants him to, not because it happens to be the truth.
Wouldn't that result in all court testimonies involving succubi and unshielded humans to be considered suspect?
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
Bayonet
Padawan Learner

Post by Bayonet »

Peptuck wrote: Wouldn't that result in all court testimonies involving succubi and unshielded humans to be considered suspect?
All testimony involving humans is suspect, anyway.
- Dennis
--
Many battles have been fought and won by soldiers nourished on beer, and the King does not believe that coffee-drinking soldiers can be relied upon to endure hardships in case of another war.
-Frederick the Great, 1777
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Peptuck wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Wouldn't that result in all court testimonies involving succubi and unshielded humans to be considered suspect?
I suspect that it'll be suspect in a way even moreso than a "free will entirely" human.

kingdragon
Redshirt

Post by kingdragon »

I noticed this back in chapter 58.
Humans couldn’t have done it by themselves could they? Surely they must have had help. Were there others whose hands were involved here, perhaps the others who had once held sway on Earth but had been driven out by Yahweh and Satan? Their hand was still present, Abigor knew that, there were a small number of humans who were protected by them, who lived in Hell but were free of its torments. Had they trained humanity to become the Lords of War who would drive both Satan and Yahweh away from Earth?
Who were those others that had been driven out by Yahweh and Satan? Think they'll show up again in either Pantheocide or Lords of War?
Lightning_Count

There once was a chap named Samael
Who's comments went beyond the pale
He thought he did rock,
but only sucked c*ck
And his life was made up of pure Fail
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

kingdragon wrote:I noticed this back in chapter 58.
Humans couldn’t have done it by themselves could they? Surely they must have had help. Were there others whose hands were involved here, perhaps the others who had once held sway on Earth but had been driven out by Yahweh and Satan? Their hand was still present, Abigor knew that, there were a small number of humans who were protected by them, who lived in Hell but were free of its torments. Had they trained humanity to become the Lords of War who would drive both Satan and Yahweh away from Earth?
Who were those others that had been driven out by Yahweh and Satan? Think they'll show up again in either Pantheocide or Lords of War?
Likely gods like Odin, Baal (old Babylonian god), the Greek and Norse Pantheons, etc. I'd like to see a few of the gods from the tribes surrounding the Israelites whom they genocided (it's in the Bible) figure in getting justice against Yahweh, myself.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if some of these old gods became Grand Dukes of Hell when they alled with Mekratrig after the Celestial War.
Image Image
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

They're other gods, like the Roman ones. In the thread this was inspired by, it came up that the bible acknowledges the existance of 'lesser' pantheons, like the Egytpian gods, as real deities, and enemies of Jehovah.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Stuart
Sith Devotee

Post by Stuart »

This is called foreshadowing........

SPOILERS

Yes, there are other gods who have their own existence-bubbles in the same dimension as Heaven and Hell. They will appear in the next story. There were also other planets etc on our dimension that were visited by Heaven/Hell in the distant past, depopulated and abandoned. One of the reasons why yahweh abandoned humanity was that he found another planet full of easily-impressed primitives who made more tractable subjects.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Nice. Now we just have to figure out how to find other planes/dimensions and get to them.

BTW, would people be up for some sort of 'What will the world look like at Armageddon + 1 year' or whatever? Might be fun to figure out the society for Stuart (with his direction, of course).
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Stuart
Sith Devotee

Post by Stuart »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:BTW, would people be up for some sort of 'What will the world look like at Armageddon + 1 year' or whatever? Might be fun to figure out the society for Stuart (with his direction, of course).
Essentially, that's the third book "Lord's of War". The first book primarily concentrates on hell, the second on heaven, the third on us.
kingdragon
Redshirt

Post by kingdragon »

Can you give us a reasonable estimate as to when you think the prologue/first chapter of Pantheocide will be posted?
Lightning_Count

There once was a chap named Samael
Who's comments went beyond the pale
He thought he did rock,
but only sucked c*ck
And his life was made up of pure Fail
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

kingdragon wrote:Can you give us a reasonable estimate as to when you think the prologue/first chapter of Pantheocide will be posted?
I imagine that would depend on how much editing needs to be done on Armageddon. Stuart has mentioned numerous times that he would go through it again and do a lot of fine-tuning for various purposes, and this could potentially take quite a long time.
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html
EdBecerra
Padawan Learner

Post by EdBecerra »

kingdragon wrote:Can you give us a reasonable estimate as to when you think the prologue/first chapter of Pantheocide will be posted?
Oh, that's easy.

No matter WHEN he posts it, it won't be soon enough for the readers. :lol:

That's the real reason why the people of Gallifrey invented time machines - they were tired of waiting for the next chapter of their favorite fanfics to be posted to the galactic internet... :D

Ed.
Edward A Becerra
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

By the way stuart, did you manage to decide on a cover for the book yet?