Moderator: Edi

Cos Dashit
Jedi Knight

Post by Cos Dashit »

Elfdart wrote:This week's winners:
Donkeys
<snip>
Donkeys??
Steve wrote:.....Miami has defeated New England?! Oh SHIT, the apocalypse is surely upon us! :shock:
Not necessarily, Miami has always been the Bane of Bill Belichick.
Please forgive any idiotic comments, stupid observations, or dumb questions in above post, for I am but a college student with little real world experience.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

A one point game in Buffalo? Again? Darn it.

Wait, they won?

So, to the surprise of many, Buffalo sits alone atop the AFC East. Great comeback against the Raiders, defense playing well. I think, as I've said since Brady went down, that we're looking at the AFC East champions.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Steve wrote:.....Miami has defeated New England?! Oh SHIT, the apocalypse is surely upon us! :shock:
...and the talking heads couldn't stop talking about how the last time NE lost a regular season game it was to Miami. Seriously the 'fins won and there were two awesome OT games to watch and both got cut away from so stop bashing NE (though I do love that) and tell me more about the games you aren't letting me watch any more.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Darth Fanboy on the 15th at the top of the previous page wrote:Right now there is no reason that the Patriots can't still win the AFC East easily, the only obstacle to that right now is Buffalo. The only speculation I have is whether or not its because the Pats are that good even without Brady or if the Dolphins and Jets are just that bad that the Pats will get a playoff spot by near default.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. :lol: :D

I had to be point that out. :angelic: I am a hater.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Cos Dashit wrote:
Elfdart wrote:This week's winners:
Donkeys
<snip>
Donkeys??
A nickname for the Broncos. The Raiders are known as the Raitards or Faders.

Looks like the Saints need a new kicker. One out of three? :lol:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Fucking hell on the Raiders. The play calling in the end of the third and fourth quarter was fucking atrocious. At one point towards the middle of the 4th, the Raiders had attempted two... TWO passes in the second half. They were almost literally running up the middle three times and punting like clock work. And why the fucking hell did they drop into a soft zone scheme and stop trying to get any pressure on Edwards? I don't think I even saw a single stunt ran. If Davis does snap I hope he shit cans Ryan along with Kiffin, because the guy gets fucking tunnel vision on his decisions and can not make adjustments.

That said. GO BILLS!! 3-0 and atop the AFC East! :D My guy Trent Edwards looks fucking great, and with Lynch and those speedy little receivers and that fucking line and the confidence they are building this could be a surprise AFC Championship participant Oh and they get the Rams next week. :lol:

Congratulations Chardok! :D Joey Porter was getting smashed in the media for saying that Cassel isn't Brady... guess what? Cassel is not fucking Brady. He proved it today too with 3 sacks. Ronnie Brown certainly ate his Wheaties this morning... fucking hell... 5 touchdowns.

With Brady out and the quick strike capability of the Patriots essentially gone, the age of the defense is starting to show, and it is just going to get worse as the season moves on.

What the hell is up with the Titans. I haven't been able to catch one of their games this season yet, but fuck, 3-0 and atop the AFC South? I have a feeling Young may be on the bench for a while.

The NFC East is the strongest division in football right now. The Eagle beat up the Steelers. The Redskins knocked down the old NFC East punching bag, the Cardinals and the Giants over came poor play and a slow start to eek out a win. Depending on Dallas in a few minutes, they could have a week three sweep.

If Scott Linehan isn't fired this week, he will be after Buffalo beats the Rams next week. Man... I just don't see the Rams wining a single game this year. Either they or the Chiefs are going to be vying for the first pick in the Draft this year. I am putting my money of the Rams for that distinction.

Now the important stuff....

NINERS IN FIRST PLACE!! :D Okay... they are tied for first with the Cardinals, but they are still in first. The offense is really coming together this year and DeShaun Foster turned out to be a great pick up to spell Frank Gore. The defense is about the same as they were last year, but with the offense holding their own now, they are able to stay off the field and aren't completely wiped out by the middle of the third quarter.
I still question the play calling on both sides of the ball... The calls lack the killer instinct that the Montana/Young offenses had. You score and score and score until time runs out or you are so ridiculously ahead, none of this ball control running game BS only up by two or three scores. Same with the defense. Softening up into the zone just because you are ahead is no way to control a team and guarantee a victory. keep the pressure on.

OK. J.T. O'Sullivan. First, he has too much punctuation in his fucking name... Second, I think I may be sold on this guy. I REALLY was behind Alex Smith, and unlike some, realize that he got screwed during his time in San Francisco, but he is done now and will be gone at the end of the season, probably to the Colts. So I'm on the JT bandwagon. At least until next year when we get a new offensive coordinator. :?

Another reprieve this week for Nolan as well. If he can keep the team on track and even get 8 or 9 wins, even if they miss the playoffs, he should be around for next season. The Niners of course have the Saints, Pats, The Pack and the Giants in the next 4 weeks before Seattle again. If they can get 2 out of 4 before the Seahawks, I think that will be a success.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

I was really looking forward to this season even before I bought tickets; even more so afterwards.

Now? Not so much. I was thinking we'd be 8-8 maybe even 9-7. Now I think we'll be lucky if we hit 8-8.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

I don't want to even think about the Browns... Pathetic. Simply pathetic. :cry:
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I didn't see the Browns/Ravens game, but this stat tells me all I need to know:

D. Anderson 14 of 37 125 yards 1TD 3INT

Three point three yards per attempt? :shock:

Bad running backs make more yards per attempt when running. Looks like Anderson's carriage turned back into a pumpkin.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So Brady Quinn watch begins in Cleveland. Two more games at most. Crenel just got off the hot seat last year and isn't going to want to be back on it, so he will make whatever changes he needs to try to stay off it.... Enter Brady Quinn.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

SPC Brungardt wrote:
Darth Fanboy on the 15th at the top of the previous page wrote:Right now there is no reason that the Patriots can't still win the AFC East easily, the only obstacle to that right now is Buffalo. The only speculation I have is whether or not its because the Pats are that good even without Brady or if the Dolphins and Jets are just that bad that the Pats will get a playoff spot by near default.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. :lol: :D

I had to be point that out. :angelic: I am a hater.
This is one of those times where I like being wrong. But there is no way anyone in their right mind could have predicted that the Pats defense would lay down and die like they were, oh I dunno the Dolphins defense of the past few years? They got absolutely fucked as no one could have predicted.

Shit even Ricky Williams nearly ran up 100 yards and he probably spent much of game more baked than a potato.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Hav, when I saw that Niners score today I farted really hard and for a second I thought I had crapped my pants. I just hope that we aren't starting off well only to suck badly later on this year and mess up our draft pick situation.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Looks like we have our first coach fired:

Lane Kiffin

Lane Kiffin will be fired as Oakland Raiders coach as early as today, according to multiple online reports.

FoxSports.com and ESPN.com reported that Kiffin has been told the move will be made, but not informed as to when it would take place.

The last straw apparently occurred Sunday, when Oakland blew a fourth-quarter lead and lost to the Buffalo Bills, 24-23. The defeat left Kiffin with a 5-14 record in 19 games as Raiders coach. Oakland is 1-2 this season.

Kiffin and team owner Al Davis seemingly have been at odds for much of their time together. Kiffin refused Davis' request to resign in the offseason, and a new fissure developed after Kiffin refused to support defensive coordinator Rob Ryan after a Week 1 thrashing by the Denver Broncos.

Oakland will be hiring its fifth coach in seven seasons once Kiffin is dismissed.
I don't have much sympathy for Kiffin. Like Anna Nicole Smith, he agreed to get fucked by a withered old troll in exchange for millions of dollars.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Hav, when I saw that Niners score today I farted really hard and for a second I thought I had crapped my pants. I just hope that we aren't starting off well only to suck badly later on this year and mess up our draft pick situation.
Well I haven't delved into this years Draft class yet, so I'm not sure if we want a top 10 pick or not.

Dude I know... 76 points in 3 games... I think we scored like 12 all last year! :lol:

Yeah it is nice to see not only what Martz's system has done for the offense, but what it has done for the D. They are fresh all game long now as they aren't on the field the whole fucking game. If they can keep the turn overs limited, this could be a dark horse season. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Elfdart wrote:Looks like we have our first coach fired:

Lane Kiffin

Lane Kiffin will be fired as Oakland Raiders coach as early as today, according to multiple online reports.

FoxSports.com and ESPN.com reported that Kiffin has been told the move will be made, but not informed as to when it would take place.

The last straw apparently occurred Sunday, when Oakland blew a fourth-quarter lead and lost to the Buffalo Bills, 24-23. The defeat left Kiffin with a 5-14 record in 19 games as Raiders coach. Oakland is 1-2 this season.

Kiffin and team owner Al Davis seemingly have been at odds for much of their time together. Kiffin refused Davis' request to resign in the offseason, and a new fissure developed after Kiffin refused to support defensive coordinator Rob Ryan after a Week 1 thrashing by the Denver Broncos.

Oakland will be hiring its fifth coach in seven seasons once Kiffin is dismissed.
I don't have much sympathy for Kiffin. Like Anna Nicole Smith, he agreed to get fucked by a withered old troll in exchange for millions of dollars.
Well, we knew it was coming. This is why Steve Sarkizian (sp?) stayed with L.A.'s pro team. :lol:
So who do we think will be the replacement. The cool cats at NFL Network keep insinuating that Mooch will be moving back to the Bay Area.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Mariucci wouldn't touch that job with a 20-foot pole unless the deal came with a shitload of upfront fuck-you money. My guess is the DC (Rob Ryan) would take over.

I think Linehan with the Rams will be next to go.
Last edited by Elfdart on 2008-09-22 03:37am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

AS much as I liked watching the Raiders suffer in that loss to Bufalo, I can only imagine the furor that would have been caused if Kiffin had been fired after starting the season 2-1.

And it's not even his fault! The Raiders are terrible because they can't play defense, yet we'll keep the same defensive coordinator on. My guess is that Rob Ryan has the world's only picture of Al Davis without one of those ridiculous tracksuits on.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

OK, so is there any doubt, with Brady out and half the Colts on the injury report, that *shudder* the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL? Do we start looking ahead to week 9 (DAL@NYG) for who will be representing the NFC in the SB?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

As much as it pains me, i say yes. The Eagles might do something but i wouldn't count on it.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

havokeff wrote:OK, so is there any doubt, with Brady out and half the Colts on the injury report, that *shudder* the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL? Do we start looking ahead to week 9 (DAL@NYG) for who will be representing the NFC in the SB?
Are you fucking kidding me? The Eagles are right there with them, that and they're rather infamous chokers. As soon as Romo wins a playoff game, then I'll start talking about the Cowboys in the SB.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

The whole Division right now has potential, look at sunday when the entire NFC east won (Eagles over Steelers, Giants over Bengals, Skins over Cards, and Cowboys over Packers). Go back the previous week and the only reason the entire division didn't win is that Dallas and Philly were playing each other. somebody is gonna have to break out of that pack and make it to 12-4 or 11-5 with at least one more of them going 11-5 or 10-6. Right now the Skins are the most vulnerable team in that division and they could win either the NFC West or South in a cakewalk and probably have a decent shot at the NFC North. I don't know if Romo will finally be able to win in the playoffs, if McNabb and Co can stay healthy or if Eli can be steady enough to keep his offense running at full tilt. Any way you slice it the NFC this year will run through the NFC East it likely won't be possible to say where in the East until sometime after week 8 or 9.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

The Eagles lost a close 4-point game when they were playing in Dallas. There's absolutely no reason why they can't beat Dallas by a similar or larger margin when they play at home. It'll be the last game of the season, on December 28th. I don't think the Cowgirls play very well in the cold.

I don't know who will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, but I'd wager it'll be someone out of the NFC East. Whether it'll be the Eagles, the Giants or the Cowboys, it's impossible to say. I doubt it will be the Redskins (why the fuck haven't they changed their name yet?).
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

The East really can't be decided until we see more games between the four of them. Right now, there were two close games: New York/Washington, and Dallas/Philadelphia. That being said, Washington ran it down to the wire against the Cardinals and Saints. The Giants are 3-0, but they had one of the lightest schedules you could possibly ask for, and even then the Rams looked far better against New York than Philly, and the Bengals forced overtime. I think the East will be decided between Dallas and Philadelphia. You really couldn't ask for a closer game than MNF in week two, and I'd imagine it'll probably be the same way come Week 17.

If January were tomorrow:

Buffalo
Denver
Tennessee
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
New England

Dallas
Green Bay
Tampa Bay
Arizona
New York
Washington

So 2-1 San Francisco and Philadelphia would be on the couch in January. Of course, Philadelphia in particular hasn't gotten their chance to play the Giants or Washington.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Chargers roll over the Jets, nice to see some urgency from the bolts after that first TD the Jets got.

Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

FUCK MARTIN GRAMMATICA! Blowing a 41 yd field goal anybody in the league could make and wasting a 500+ yd. offensive effort by the Saints, who were outplaying Denver on their own home turf and had them sucking wind in the fourth quarter instead of the other way 'round.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)