At the Gates of the Alamo

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

At the Gates of the Alamo

Post by Lonestar »

Went to San An-tone this week. I got done with work at about 1100 in the morning, and since Chardok is a prick I was left in San Antonio, all on my lonesome.

So, I went to the Alamo.

I know that if I were a Mexican, The Alamo would be on my "to-see" list.

Tourist traps across from the Shrine.

The Shrine of Liberty!

Some walkways by the Shrine...

Monument out front

Post Office

The Emily Morgan Hotel, which is near the grounds.

The Long Barracks, the oldest building in San Antonio, and where the last of the fighting was.

Millstone

Japanese memorial, commemorating all the Japanese at the Alamo. (Am I joking? Who knows?)

Masons!

Cannon

Cavalry Courtyard

Bronze Plaque commemorating the Texans that fought their way into the Alamo to join the defenders.

Metal map of the compound by the Long Barracks.

The Shrine itself("Gentlemen, remove your hats. No photography allowed indoors.").

Green space on the grounds.

Hospital

DRT Library

Then I ambled about San Antonio a bit...First down to the Riverwalk...

Saw some art...

A Statue....

I was pretty distressed to see a sign to my secret lair...
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Lovely city. Too bad it's full of Texans. :wink:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

I am not. I work and have a two year old and your visit could not have been more poorly timed what with his B-day and and shit. You're a poop and the Alamo Sucks.

Sir.
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

Chardok wrote: the Alamo Sucks.
BLASPHEMER!!!!
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Chardok wrote:I am not. I work and have a two year old and your visit could not have been more poorly timed what with his B-day and and shit. You're a poop and the Alamo Sucks.

Sir.
And you are also supposed to wipe your ass on the Texas flag. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Steve wrote:Lovely city.
Seconded in spades. It was quite the culture shock to go from NOLA to a city so beautifully functional
Steve wrote:Too bad it's full of Texans. :wink:
Hey, they're nice people; it's just the assholes out in the vastness of Rural Texas that ruins it. Houstonians are good people too, even if their city is SCARY HUGE. It's a shame I never went to dungeoncrawl the giant mall under Downtown.
Image Image
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I was kidding about the "full of Texans" part, y'know. :wink:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED