2008 NFL Season Thread- The Road to Super Bowl XLIII

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I thought that hyperactive little twat was out of football.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Here are some Jets fans from last night, showing how NOT to support your team.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Congratulations Detroit! Your 7 year nightmare is over!! :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

And Plaxico Burress has been suspended, pending appeal.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Matt Millen, the George W Bush of NFL Football.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Ravens looked GOOD against the Browns. If Flacco can hold his shit together and the D keeps on being hard as nails we might have a shot at the play-offs.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Matt Millen, the George W Bush of NFL Football.
HOW DARE YOU!! He is like the Hitler of football and wins were the Jews and he wanted them exterminated from the record!
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

weemadando wrote:Ravens looked GOOD against the Browns. If Flacco can hold his shit together and the D keeps on being hard as nails we might have a shot at the play-offs.
Yeah. Too bad the Browns had a complete reversion and look like shit again. Makes it a little less impressive.

Did you get lost on the way to the Rugby channel? :wink:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

weemadando wrote:Ravens looked GOOD against the Browns. If Flacco can hold his shit together and the D keeps on being hard as nails we might have a shot at the play-offs.
How old is Ray Lewis? Don't ask Kellen Winslow. He dosen't remember.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

havokeff wrote:
Yeah. Too bad the Browns had a complete reversion and look like shit again. Makes it a little less impressive.

Did you get lost on the way to the Rugby channel? :wink:
What Rugby? Super 14s are over and the Tri-Nations are similarly wrapped up.

It be AmeriBall season.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Matt Millen, the George W Bush of NFL Football.
I always wondered how he got the job in the first place, and kept it in the second. He had no personnel experience whatsoever. He wasn't even a coach. Yet they gave him the keys to the store and a fat salary (which he will collect for another two years) to go with it. They could have saved themselves a fortune by selecting players and coaches using eenie-meenie-miney-moe.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Pretty sure he was blowing the owner, until William Ford found out that it would be cheaper to just bring in a hooker.

Or maybe Millen was the owner's "personal ball washer" to steal a line from Lewis Black.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Falkenhayn wrote:
How old is Ray Lewis? Don't ask Kellen Winslow. He dosen't remember.
None of which relates to the fact that Baltimore is anchored by Rolle, McAllister, Ngata and Suggs much more so than Lewis. He may be the soul of the team but the arms used for beating others down don't belong to him anymore.

Now that being said the Ravens CANNOT win if Flacco has to pass more than 25 times in a game. They have a solid O-line and 3 good running backs. If they cannot use the ground game to eat up time, run long drives for TDs and keep the opponent from quick strikes then they lsoe. The Ravens are NOT built to play in a shoot-out they look much more like an old 1980s NFC-East team: Grind it out, pass on third and long, play possession, and beat the snot out of your opponent on D.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Cos Dashit
Jedi Knight

Post by Cos Dashit »

12 - 4 last week, 26 - 21 (.553) overall.

My picks for week 4:

ATL @ CAR
CLE @ CIN
HOU @ JAC
DEN @ KC
SF @ NO
ARI @ NYJ
GB @ TB
MIN @ TEN
SD @ OAK
BUF @ STL
WAS @ DAL
PHI @ CHI
BAL @ PIT
Please forgive any idiotic comments, stupid observations, or dumb questions in above post, for I am but a college student with little real world experience.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Cos Dashit wrote:12 - 4 last week, 26 - 21 (.553) overall.

My picks for week 4:

ATL @ CAR
CLE @ CIN
HOU @ JAC
DEN @ KC
SF @ NO
ARI @ NYJ
GB @ TB
MIN @ TEN
SD @ OAK
BUF @ STL
WAS @ DAL
PHI @ CHI
BAL @ PIT
Not a believer in home field advantage, eh?
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Cos Dashit
Jedi Knight

Post by Cos Dashit »

The Dark wrote:
Cos Dashit wrote:<snip>
Not a believer in home field advantage, eh?
I hardly take it into account at all. The better team will usually win.

Usually.

EDIT: Fixed a quote.
Please forgive any idiotic comments, stupid observations, or dumb questions in above post, for I am but a college student with little real world experience.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

My turn:

Atlanta at Carolina
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Houston at Jacksonville
Denver at Kansas City
San Francisco at New Orleans
Arizona at New York Jets
Green Bay at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Tennessee
San Diego at Oakland
Buffalo at St. Louis
Washington at Dallas
Philadelphia at Chicago
Baltimore at Pittsburgh
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

My picks:

Panthers
Bengals
Jaguars
Donkeys
49ers
Jets
Packers
Titans
Bills
Cowboys
Bears
Steelers
Chargers

If the Rams lose, I think the coach and GM will be gone. Which is only fitting. Anyone stupid enough to fire Mike Martz (on the grounds that his offense doesn't work anymore!) will soon be unemployed. Matt Millen got canned this week, and I think John Shaw will join him soon.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

And my picks...

Atlanta at Carolina
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Houston at Jacksonville
Denver at Kansas City
San Francisco at New Orleans
Arizona at New York Jets
Green Bay at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Tennessee
San Diego at Oakland
Buffalo at St. Louis
Washington at Dallas
Philadelphia at Chicago
Baltimore at Pittsburgh

I really think a lot of home teams are going to lose this week. I don't think home field advantage is going to be a big factor.
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA.

Stuipd Raiders. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory -- ONE LAST TIME! :lol:
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

What's up with Buffalo and owning the 4th Quarter?
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Looks like all your predictions were wrong. Bucs = teh win! :mrgreen:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

SPC Brungardt wrote:BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA.

Stuipd Raiders. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory -- ONE LAST TIME! :lol:
I was ready to hear your and Elfdart's heads collectively explode if they held on. :lol:

It's going to be too bad if Davis does eventually can Kiffin. The team plays hard for him and they just need to learn how to close out a team. Boomer kept saying it, they are close.

The fucking Niners.... Damnit. They win that game without the turnovers. Punctuation Boy needs to knock that shit off. Still in first place though. :D

Stupid Broncos. I knew their "Let them score 30" defense would catch up to them, I just didn't think it would be against the fucking Chiefs. :lol: :lol:

The honeymoon for Rogers in Greenbay is over. Lets see... Farve 258 straight games, Rogers is going to end his streak with 4. Greenbay fans are going to be more upset if Rogers can't start than if he throws a couple of INTs and lose a game or two in a row.

More to come...
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

I'm calling sheenigans at the Eagles/Bears game. This game is over if the officals don't blow the intentional grounding call. If so, the Bears are out of field goal range and the Eagles don't have to go for it on 4th and Goal, they can kick the field goal and be done with it.

It's bullshit.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

havokeff wrote:It's going to be too bad if Davis does eventually can Kiffin. The team plays hard for him and they just need to learn how to close out a team. Boomer kept saying it, they are close.
Davis already decided to fire him. He was going to do it two weeks ago, but they fucked up and won. Al Davis really can't win for losing!
:lol:
The fucking Niners.... Damnit. They win that game without the turnovers. Punctuation Boy needs to knock that shit off. Still in first place though. :D
The Niners have improved, but they're just not good enough to win shoot-outs on a regular basis.
Stupid Broncos. I knew their "Let them score 30" defense would catch up to them, I just didn't think it would be against the fucking Chiefs. :lol: :lol:
If only Ed Hochuli could have spotted them 15 points...
The honeymoon for Rogers in Greenbay is over. Lets see... Farve 258 straight games, Rogers is going to end his streak with 4. Greenbay fans are going to be more upset if Rogers can't start than if he throws a couple of INTs and lose a game or two in a row.

More to come...
A lot of that has to do with luck. I don't care how tough you are, a separated shoulder will ruin your ability to throw.