Rob Liefeld...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Havok
Miscreant

Re: Rob Liefeld...

Post by Havok »

Mr Bean wrote:Oh this thread is to much, I've been reading over things and it's crazy how bad it is.
How did this guy get so popular? Wait no, I take that back, this is comic books, a hobby I never understood even as a kid.
You think this thread is too much? Read the 40 Worst Rob Liefeld Drawings article that Big Orange linked in the OP. I literally can't breathe when read it every so often. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Old Plympto wrote:
I'm thinking if such a comic is commissioned, VF5SS will probably go into cardiac arrest. VF5SS? Come on into this thread and check this out. :wink:
Now do Alto. Hell, do that scene where he's got Ranka in one hand and his rifle in the other.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

My Liefeld imitation.

I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Eat it fuckers. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Pulp Hero: I forgot that any of these images with "X-TREME" on it makes it 100 times much more in character.

Havok: Dude. You owe me a gut. Cause I busted mine.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Hav wins the internet, for giving Darth Vader's helmet a plume.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

The only thing I can find wrong is that Vader's gun is too small, but I think the fact that the Death Star has a massive gun and lots of pouches makes up for that slight oversight. :D
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

You put...pouches *snort*...on....the Death Star *BWAAHAHAHAHAHA*

That is Almost as hilarious as Daredevil in Hulkrape v.2
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

but that definatly looks like a liefield dual wield youngblood/xforce type gun. Actually it lookss like one of Grifter's guns

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Chardok wrote:You put...pouches *snort*...on....the Death Star *BWAAHAHAHAHAHA*
The fact that it's holding a gun despite not being visibly able to actually hold it was a nice touch that had me laughing more than the pouches.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

It looks like he's actually holding the gun, though, as opposed to having made fist and having the gun photoshopped on top.

Other than that no other... uh... 'flaws'? Spring to mind. Even the two front ponytails from nowhere.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

That's fucking hilarious. Pouches on the Death Star. *wipes tear*

Also, impressive work making his left shin crooked.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Hav, you NAILED it! That is almost too Liefeldish, too Liefeldian, to be countenanced. You got the perspective change between the pommel and the emitter of the lightsaber "right", and it must have broken you to do it. You even got the "rising sun" bulge lines to match on his helmet and crotch! Amazing!

The only problem I can see is that his gun hand is quite clearly holding his blaster (with his finger on the trigger, even!) instead of balling into a fist with some gun smeared onto it. That's the only telltale that gives away the fact that Liefeld didn't draw this.

P.S.: You even got the crappy plagiarism right when you copied Vader's shoulders and chest from Liefeld's masterpiece, "Captain America".
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So do I actually thank you guys? :D I'm kinda bummed no one noticed the pouch on his chest control panel. I thought that was the best little thing... aside from the pouches on the DS. The Wench couldn't stop laughing while I was drawing that. I wish I knew how to color with the computer worth a damn. Plympto and Pulp Hero's color make me jealous with Liefeldian rage!! :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Bob the Gunslinger

havokeff wrote: I'm kinda bummed no one noticed the pouch on his chest control panel. I thought that was the best little thing...
Dude, the pouch on his glove was even better. The Glove of Darth Vader, now with patches! I wonder what he keeps in there...

It would be funny if his chest pouch was embroidered with upside-down Hebrew. "He will not be redeemed until he bulges. Yaba-dabba-doom!"

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Ugh, since our scanner is married to a private computer I had to take a photo. :evil:

I think I've covered just about everything. This particular character loved pouches so much he turned himself into one!

There was going to be a package in there but I couldn't really draw it in.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Bob the Gunslinger

Zablorg, you need to add a poofy '90s coif to the top of his head, stat!

The Yosemite Bear

I just imagined a liefield scotsman.....

so does the pouch over the kilt count as sufficiant crotch bulge?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I just imagined a liefield scotsman.....

so does the pouch over the kilt count as sufficiant crotch bulge?
No. Not even close.

Jupiter Oak Evolution!
The Yosemite Bear

A red X?

Bob the Gunslinger

My contribution. Liefeld's Imperial Guard.

Note that Sergeant Liefeld here is still a work in progress. I'm still searching my bitz boxes, tins and sprues for more pouches and some sword handles to attach to his back. I also need to 'greenstuff' his bulge, his volcano neck, and to smooth out the taper from his bulging calf muscles to his shins.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I should probably trim his heels off to make his feet smaller, too. Unfortunately, it took all afternoon just to get the model to stay glued standing on those dainty little ankles, and that was before I added the gun.

Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Oh my god Hav, that is AMAZING! :lol:
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

You ought to hide the feet with some scrub brush on the base.
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

My comic cover, with muscles bulging out of all realistic proportions and tiny hands:
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor