Ben Kenobi vs Cyber-Maul

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Ben Kenobi vs Cyber-Maul

Post by Lord Poe »

Filmed in "Jedi Academy"

Ben Kenobi vs Cyber-Maul

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Re: Ben Kenobi vs Cyber-Maul

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Nicely done Lord Poe.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

I gotta say poe, unlike some of your other Machinima, this just doesn't do anything for me. Its jerky and quick and it doesn't really seem to have any kind of structure, just random flailing back and forth.

Although it has good lightsaber physics.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Vehrec wrote:I gotta say poe, unlike some of your other Machinima, this just doesn't do anything for me. Its jerky and quick and it doesn't really seem to have any kind of structure, just random flailing back and forth.

Although it has good lightsaber physics.
I've been wanting to do this one for over a year, since I saw the Cyber-Maul model. The map I used had way too much room for the "actors" to run in, so there wasn't any of those "cool" moments like in the other videos. I needed to "get it of my chest", though!

I'm planning on a recreation of my "Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader" video. It looks like utter crap, but I still get comments on it every day, and it currently has 148,000 views.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Drat, I was hoping you'd tack a bit onto the end of "Luke Walks into A Sith Bar" to have Luke saying, "Damn, I forgot what I was going to order..." Because the title begs the joke!
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

The problem with this one is that the two characters seem to be staking on sand. Also it is a bit "mindless" as Vehrec said.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Wyrm wrote:Drat, I was hoping you'd tack a bit onto the end of "Luke Walks into A Sith Bar" to have Luke saying, "Damn, I forgot what I was going to order..." Because the title begs the joke!
Hehehe! Luke walks into a Sith bar, and says, "Give me a 'Good Leia'". The bartender says, "What's a 'Good Leia'?" and Luke replies, "My sista."
fusion wrote:The problem with this one is that the two characters seem to be staking on sand. Also it is a bit "mindless" as Vehrec said.
"Staking" on sand? How is any of the other lightsaber videos less mindless?

fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

Lord Poe wrote:
fusion wrote:The problem with this one is that the two characters seem to be staking on sand. Also it is a bit "mindless" as Vehrec said.
"Staking" on sand? How is any of the other lightsaber videos less mindless?
The "staking" is noticeable when they run sideways. Also they move faster than their legs are moving. The mindless part comes from the fact that it seems more of a test than a true video like the "Luke Walks into A Sith Bar" because there is at least a conclusion.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

fusion wrote:The "staking" is noticeable when they run sideways. Also they move faster than their legs are moving. The mindless part comes from the fact that it seems more of a test than a true video like the "Luke Walks into A Sith Bar" because there is at least a conclusion.
Dude, WTF does "staking" mean?

Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I find the parts where the dismembered bits continue to move particularly unsettling. :)
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Zuul wrote:I find the parts where the dismembered bits continue to move particularly unsettling. :)
Agreed! There's a few scenes I didn't use where Obi-pieces looked like parts of a worm that kept moving!

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Lord Poe wrote:Dude, WTF does "staking" mean?
He spelt 'skating' wrong. I think he didn't realise that you didn't realise that he had made a typo.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

Ford Prefect wrote:
Lord Poe wrote:Dude, WTF does "staking" mean?
He spelt 'skating' wrong. I think he didn't realise that you didn't realise that he had made a typo.
Thanks, that is what I meant, sorry about that....
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

It's a crime that no new Jedi Knight game has come out since the Quake 3 engine. I mean really, we're already well past the Doom 3 engine and the latest Unreal variants, and there's been nothing. Can you imagine what they could manage with a current generation FPS engine?

What is the current generation gold-standard FPS engine available for license, anyway?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Vympel wrote:It's a crime that no new Jedi Knight game has come out since the Quake 3 engine. I mean really, we're already well past the Doom 3 engine and the latest Unreal variants, and there's been nothing. Can you imagine what they could manage with a current generation FPS engine?

What is the current generation gold-standard FPS engine available for license, anyway?
Off the top of my head, The New UT engine(Unreal Tournament 3), although I Hear the Crytek engine (Crysis and all that) is being used by many as well.
Such lovely physics engines they have, my precious...
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.