Havokeff's DCU

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Havok
Miscreant

Havokeff's DCU

Post by Havok »

This is a little project I've been working on for a bout a week when I got the chance. It's not done, as far as shading and doing more pages but I wanted to post something so I felt like I was getting somewhere.

The continuity of DC makes this type of thing a pain in the ass, especially as I tried to put teams together in their original incarnations. It gets complicated as there are individuals that cross over on teams, or who are originals on Earth-One, Earth-Two, New Earth or on none. Then you have characters with multiple incarnations like Robin, so if I wanted to do the original Teen Titans, I couldn't do the current Titans. So basically I said "fuck it" and just did the teams I liked with the members that I wanted. I did try to stay away from currently "dead" characters, but I still used some like The Martian Manhunter.

So we will say that this is before J'onn died, after the Alpha Lanterns were created, after Barry Allen has returned and before Wesley Dodds died. :D Impossible? HA HA SUCKERS! It is DC. :lol:

Oh and these all go together. End to end. When it is done, it will go around in a big circle. So if you wanted to print them out, they would mesh.
Also, I took some creative license with some of the characters and costumes and used a couple incorrect costumes. Most notably The Metal Men, (complete redo), Mary Marvel, (a combination of her old and new personality), Katana (old slutty costume because her new one is butt ugly), Nightwing (added the symbol) and the Sandman (made it a more realistic gas mask).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: Havokeff's DCU

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I find this TOTALLY awesome and I think it's cute how you stuck them into their lil groups! :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

You love your Kingdom Come, and that's awesome.

Is.. um.. Optimus Prime in the first one? That's a bit wierd. :)
Flash
Padawan Learner

Post by Flash »

Fucking amazing.

I particularly like your Guy Gardner.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh shit, he IS there! Just like in that guy's sig, with the Green Lantern Optimus!

In that last pic, who is the girl who looks like a perky schoolgirl?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Flash
Padawan Learner

Post by Flash »

I'd say that's Miss Martian.

And am I seeing things, or is Darth Vader up in the back right of the first picture?
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Optimus Prime and Darth Vader. Geeky. :D

This is quite impressive, though to be honest I don't recognise most of the character who appear.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I only recognise most of them from Kingdom Come. :)

I want to know what logic Hav uses to determine the sizes of some of these guys' packages. I mean, some of these guys are pretty effeminate, and some of them are fucking LOADED.
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

Despite these being DC characters, I imagine that somewhere in the vicinity of the third picture, Tony Stark is in a suit with Fe on it.
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

I think that you dropped an orange crumb of something on Robin's cape. Otherwise, it's pretty slick! I especially like that you've put some amusing expressions on some of the faces.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I note Robin defiantley has the chunky phone dial belt buckle as part of his costume.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Stark
I thought I was pretty even with the package distribution. :lol: And yes, Kingdom Come was a defining comic for myself and my style.

Flash
Yes that is Miss Martian.

CDiehl
Actually there is already an Fe. Iron is behind Platinum, but her face is obscuring his letters.

Scrawl
Actually that is spaghetti sauce. :D I forgot to fix that before I posted. I will before the finals are done.

Crazedwraith
Batman is sporting his too. Hell, I almost gave Nightwing one as well! Dial buckles all around! :lol:

Oh and there is one other out of universe character in the GLC pictures. Admittedly, he is hard to find as I had to look for him this morning. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Can we just assume this picture was taken with everyone standing on Mogo?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Coriolis
Padawan Learner

Post by Coriolis »

havokeff wrote:Oh and there is one other out of universe character in the GLC pictures. Admittedly, he is hard to find as I had to look for him this morning. :D
Is that the Predator I see in the first picture?
PRFYNAFBTFC - Verendo Iugula
Commander, Halifax-Class Frigate
MFS Doom Panda
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Can we just assume this picture was taken with everyone standing on Mogo?
No. Mogo is in the picture.

Coriolis
Yup.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

havokeff wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Can we just assume this picture was taken with everyone standing on Mogo?
*takes closer look at the horizon/backround*

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Edit: Where's the Pred?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Here's a repost from the JL subforum:

The only critiques I have is that Captain Marvel needs a more mischievous or smug look and you don't have a group shot of the Flash family (Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, Impulse, Kid Flash etc...). Maybe either a front or side profile of them running in superspeed? :)

For a good Capt. Marvel look, check Alex Ross' image of the Golden Age Super Heroes. (Love Alex Ross' artwork)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Coriolis
Padawan Learner

Post by Coriolis »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
havokeff wrote:
*takes closer look at the horizon/backround*

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Edit: Where's the Pred?

Tricky little bugger hid himself.

[edit]Fixed pic
PRFYNAFBTFC - Verendo Iugula
Commander, Halifax-Class Frigate
MFS Doom Panda
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Enigma wrote: The only critiques I have is that Captain Marvel needs a more mischievous or smug look and you don't have a group shot of the Flash family (Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, Impulse, Kid Flash etc...). Maybe either a front or side profile of them running in superspeed? :)
Um, I guess people on the JL subforum forgot that Marvel only looks like that in KC because he's FUCKING BATSHIT INSANE. Marvel is a nice guy, not the rictus-grinning sinister lunatic he is in KC.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Stark wrote:
Enigma wrote: The only critiques I have is that Captain Marvel needs a more mischievous or smug look and you don't have a group shot of the Flash family (Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, Impulse, Kid Flash etc...). Maybe either a front or side profile of them running in superspeed? :)
Um, I guess people on the JL subforum forgot that Marvel only looks like that in KC because he's FUCKING BATSHIT INSANE. Marvel is a nice guy, not the rictus-grinning sinister lunatic he is in KC.
I wasn't referring to KC but Ross' artwork of the Golden Age superheroes. I think the same went for his Justice comic series. Maybe that is how he how he likes to draw CM.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

While I appreciate the input Enigma, do you really think that I hadn't seen those portraits by Ross before? :wink:

Also, while his work influenced me, and I should correct myself from earlier to say that while Kingdom Come was the pinnacle of Ross's work, his work that most influenced me was Marvels. His Captain Marvel, while cool, does not influence me much, certainly not as much as his Superman, which I feel is the quintessential version. Like Stark said, he makes him fairly menacing due to his status in KC and to give the audience the same sense that he feels the characters feel when they are around Marvel.
With CM, I actually looked to his original artwork in his original comics for my take on him, as I've tried to do with Batman.

P.S. I hate that particular poster mash because all the capes are going different directions and it bugs the shit out of me. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Meanwhile I'm still trying to find Optimus in there.

Also, Ross' drawing of Superman makes him look like a bigger dick than usual somehow.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Zablorg wrote:Meanwhile I'm still trying to find Optimus in there.

Also, Ross' drawing of Superman makes him look like a bigger dick than usual somehow.
Second picture, big fish
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ok, so here are a couple almost finished. Going backwards this time.

Let me know if these are too big.
Also, is there a way to get my scanner to do exact copies of the drawings? There are very subtle shadings that are not transferring well. Such as M'gan's very lightly shaded skin.
Last edited by Havok on 2008-11-03 10:05pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

havokeff wrote:While I appreciate the input Enigma, do you really think that I hadn't seen those portraits by Ross before? :wink:

Also, while his work influenced me, and I should correct myself from earlier to say that while Kingdom Come was the pinnacle of Ross's work, his work that most influenced me was Marvels. His Captain Marvel, while cool, does not influence me much, certainly not as much as his Superman, which I feel is the quintessential version. Like Stark said, he makes him fairly menacing due to his status in KC and to give the audience the same sense that he feels the characters feel when they are around Marvel.
With CM, I actually looked to his original artwork in his original comics for my take on him, as I've tried to do with Batman.

P.S. I hate that particular poster mash because all the capes are going different directions and it bugs the shit out of me. :lol:
Nevertheless, what about a picture of the Flash clan? :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!