Looking for drawing books.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Looking for drawing books.

Post by Enigma »

I'm trying to improve my drawing skills as I haven't been drawing much in the past few years. I've bought a decent book on how to draw a person (actually it is a book on how to draw american\manga fusion style people but it was the only one that I could find that offers a simplistic way to draw faces, etc...). But right now I am looking for books that offer a decent, simplistic way to draw vehicles, robots, mechs. Anyone know of any?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Havok
Miscreant

Re: Looking for drawing books.

Post by Havok »

Enigma wrote:I'm trying to improve my drawing skills as I haven't been drawing much in the past few years. I've bought a decent book on how to draw a person (actually it is a book on how to draw american\manga fusion style people but it was the only one that I could find that offers a simplistic way to draw faces, etc...). But right now I am looking for books that offer a decent, simplistic way to draw vehicles, robots, mechs. Anyone know of any?
While not exactly what you are looking for, I found the Dynamic Anatomy series of books extremely helpful for myself when I was younger. As for drawing vehicles, robots and mechs... I would suggest any book on perspective as they basically break down into straight lines all going in one direction to one point. Sorry that is all I can offer, I didn't use to many resources other than just drawing what I saw when I was younger.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"