Ipod Nano 4G

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Bilbo
Jedi Master

Ipod Nano 4G

Post by Bilbo »

My daughter just got an Ipod Nano. I copied some of our CDs to it and the songs and artists made it on fine. Playing songs is fine.

How do you stop it from playing? I can Pause a song but how do I just straight out stop it from playing so it no longer says "Now Playing"?
I KILL YOU!!!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Re: Ipod Nano 4G

Post by Phantasee »

It doesn't do that, unless you start a video (if you pause that and exit from the video screen), sync it, or reset it.

Pausing is as close to Stop as you'll get. Turning it off is good enough.
XXXI
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Also, you could go to the end of the playlist and press skip, that will remove the now playing.
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Agent Fisher wrote:Also, you could go to the end of the playlist and press skip, that will remove the now playing.
:facepalm: Why didn't I think of that? My bad, Bilbo, Fisher's got the right idea.
XXXI
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

*Grins* That's why I work for the blue shirts.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wait. It is almost 2009 and the best and newest music players don't have a stop function? :wtf:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

because kids these days never stop listening to music anyways... They're catering to their market!

it's sort of like how the wii setup keyboard, where you have to type in letters, is a phone keypad. That's right, instead of a proper keyboard layout, they decided to go with texting.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Hawkwings wrote:because kids these days never stop listening to music anyways... They're catering to their market!

it's sort of like how the wii setup keyboard, where you have to type in letters, is a phone keypad. That's right, instead of a proper keyboard layout, they decided to go with texting.
Uhm... I don't know if you read the manual, but for text input, you can switch to a full-size keyboard with the button in the bottom corner. In fact, the full keyboard should be the default.
Wait. It is almost 2009 and the best and newest music players don't have a stop function?
My Zen doesn't have one either. Why would it have a stop button? Pause does the same thing, except it also stores your current position in the song. What good would a seperate stop button be then?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Didn't say a separate stop button. I said a stop FUNCTION. Like hold the pause button down and it stops the track and goes back to the menu screen or whatever.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

havokeff wrote:Didn't say a separate stop button. I said a stop FUNCTION. Like hold the pause button down and it stops the track and goes back to the menu screen or whatever.
Again, what use would that be? When would you ever need a function like that?

I'm not saying there's a reason not to have a stop function, I'm just not seeing the need to have one.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Call me anal retentive, but when I want something to stop, I don't want to look at "now playing" or have to skip to the end of a play list. My CD Walkman had a stop. My tape Walkman had stop. Hell, my old Zen has stop.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

havokeff wrote:Call me anal retentive, but when I want something to stop, I don't want to look at "now playing" or have to skip to the end of a play list. My CD Walkman had a stop. My tape Walkman had stop. Hell, my old Zen has stop.
GET OFF MY LAWN! DANG WHIPPERSNAPPERS!

Seriously Havok, you don't need a stop. I hold down pause on my iPod, and it turns off. That's the only time I'd stop it, otherwise I just pause it.

And usually when I pause it, the cause for the pause tends to take enough time that the thing turns itself off anyway. The reason those things had stops was because they had physical media that needed to stop spinning or turning. Electronic bits don't need to be stopped, they're already in memory as soon as you select the song.
XXXI
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Alright you assholes. Points conceded. I will now ONLY shop for item with no stop function. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

havokeff wrote:Alright you assholes. Points conceded. I will now ONLY shop for item with no stop function. :D
Concession accepted.

Go figure, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever got anyone to concede anything to me and it has to be in a non-debate forum like AMP.... :lol:
XXXI