Clone Wars series (SPOILERS)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Re: Clone Wars series (SPOILERS)

Post by Old Plympto »

I love the color and lighting scheme. Everything is almost muted and monochrome, but the design and texture of the set design is almost a guest star in itself for the episode. Only the blaster bolts, the lightsaber, and the Jedi's skin tones are standouts colors compared to almost everything else therein.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

a million credits for the head of the CIS?

That's less than the cost of a single star destroyer.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Fuck, I missed the Ventris episode. Guess I'll have to try Youtube now.
It's on Sw.com and cartoon network.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
TC Pilot
Jedi Council Member

Post by TC Pilot »

Darksider wrote:a million credits for the head of the CIS? That's less than the cost of a single star destroyer.
Well, Chewie cost Jabba 35,000. I would have guessed Dooku would be worth more than 30-ish times more than a measly Wookie.

Maybe we're not taking inflation into account? :P
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I like how the interior of virtually every Republic starship and installation seen thus far looks like the interior of the DEATH STAR. Out-of-universe, I'd chalk it up to a simple lack of imagination or fan service (Rebel/NR shit is really ugly, after all), but the in-universe implications are pretty interesting.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I'm thinking that this is some kind of EVIL PLOYtm of Dooku's or something. I can't imagine any other way a bunch of third-rate pirates could get their hands on the CIS head of state.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

More like Palpatine using Dooku as bait for something else is my guess. Perhaps a third party enemy that is neither CIS or Republic that Sidious wants to put the kibosh on, and he figures there might be a way that he can get his pawns on both sides to deal with it.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Just finished watching "Lair of Grievous". Not bad at all. And I can't wait for the upcoming Takei episode, either.
TC Pilot
Jedi Council Member

Post by TC Pilot »

I dunno why, but something about the way the Jedi killed Gor and Grievous' reaction makes me glad Order 66 happens.
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Anyone tried scaling the Malevolence, by the way?
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Yeah, it's over 5km long, easily. And it has a sister ship, so it's luckily not a one-off.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

One thing I didn't realize- Admiral Yularen from the show is this guy seen in the Death Star conference room in ANH.

Unfortunately, it doesn't exactly speak well of the show's familiarity with C-canon - they assumed simply because he has a white uniform, he must be a Grand Admiral, when in reality he was in the Imperial Security Bureau. Anyway, it's ironic that he unwittingly served with Anakin Skywalker for years after the Clone Wars.
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

No they knew that. He only goes away from the intel business during the CW. His profile even says he's "overtly concerned with security", which is a nice nod to his espionage career.
seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Post by seanrobertson »

Vympel wrote:Anyone tried scaling the Malevolence, by the way?
Yes. It seems the Wookieepedia people didn't get the note, though ;)
Pain, or damage, don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, ya got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay: The worst is death, and death will have his day.
-Ole' Shakey's "Richard II," Act III, scene ii.
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

I tried to be diplomatic and not use "controversial" shots, but I'm willing to try again. :wink:
DoomTrain
Redshirt

Post by DoomTrain »

TC Pilot wrote:
Darksider wrote:a million credits for the head of the CIS? That's less than the cost of a single star destroyer.
Well, Chewie cost Jabba 35,000. I would have guessed Dooku would be worth more than 30-ish times more than a measly Wookie.

Maybe we're not taking inflation into account? :P
Dooku's former apprentice had a bounty of 5 million credits according to the Bounty Hunter game. I know that was to get the best of the best bounty hunter for the clone template, but still. :wtf:

Either Komari Vosa's bounty is unrealistically high or Dooku's is unrealistically low.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
- Jack Handey

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Or the Pirates are just idiots and came up with a number.

I can imagine the leader holding his pinky up to his face and saying "One MILLION Credits!"
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

I just found out......... cartoon network and the starwars clone series only allow US viewers to view them online. Anyone know where someone from SEA can catch up on the series? I missed the Malvolence episode and will miss the third episode due to work.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Vympel wrote:
Fuck, I missed the Ventris episode. Guess I'll have to try Youtube now.
It's on Sw.com and cartoon network.
only if you're inside the states which kind of sucks, sure according to some adds it might start appearing here too but if it's on a free to public channel I dunno.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Post by seanrobertson »

VT-16 wrote:I tried to be diplomatic and not use "controversial" shots, but I'm willing to try again. :wink:
Aww, dang, Vee! I'm sorry. I didn't know you did so much work on that article :oops: If I had, I wouldn't have been such a smart-ass :oops: :lol:

I do think it's safe to say the Mally's 8 km long (lower-limit). But I would like to rescale a few images and post them here for everybody's consideration.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, ya got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay: The worst is death, and death will have his day.
-Ole' Shakey's "Richard II," Act III, scene ii.
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Yeah, the thing with articles on Wookieepedia is that now more than ever, I have to make sure to add actual sources and reasoning to any article I work on. That's why I tried not to go overboard with the size-issue, but I will look over the evidence and change it accordingly. No worries. =)
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

seanrobertson wrote:
VT-16 wrote:I tried to be diplomatic and not use "controversial" shots, but I'm willing to try again. :wink:
Aww, dang, Vee! I'm sorry. I didn't know you did so much work on that article :oops: If I had, I wouldn't have been such a smart-ass :oops: :lol:

I do think it's safe to say the Mally's 8 km long (lower-limit). But I would like to rescale a few images and post them here for everybody's consideration.
Please do. I we can nail down a size for it, specifically the bridge and bridge bubble, we can scale the guns.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Did some scalings of my own, came up with minimum 7,892 meters in length. Sorry for the shitty writing, paint is a hassle. :P
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

I have to ask, what do you guys use? I use MS paint and doing scaling is a bitch and a half.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Same here. :P