2008 NFL Season Thread- The Road to Super Bowl XLIII

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Re: 2008 NFL Season Thread- The Road to Super Bowl XLIII

Post by FSTargetDrone »

This Philadelphia/Washington game is simply lousy. The Eagles barely managed a field goal and the Redskins somehow have a 10-3 lead over the Birds. The Eagles truly look like the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.

8:15 to go in the 4th.

This game is boring. Nothing but poor throws and turnovers that aren't taken advantage of.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

At least one of the teams you like playing, and is has some significance to the playoff chase what with Tampa and Dallas both losing. Atlanta has a lead late though.

Oh and so much for my prediction. Lions lose 42-7, hahahahahaha.

EDIT: Denver in the Red Zone, what a wild fuckin' finish.\

EDIT@: Interception???????? Whoa.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

And Buffalo didn't even get a 1st down, so killed no time. But Denver got it around their own 42 and has done nothing so far.

3rd and 10 2 minutes to go.

edit: fuck, 1st down down the middle as I typed that. (I'm listening to it on NFL field pass)

edit: ANOTHER 1st down, to the Buffalo 20. This has been the story all game long when Denver's on the roll -- 10, 15 and 20 yard passes consistently and quickly marching down field. That being said, Buffalo made 2 INT's (one called back) and has forced a lot of negative yardage plays.

edit: INTERCEPTED! Denver disputes it, but it's inside 2 minutes. So it might be reviewed.
edit: bullshit, they said incomplete now. :evil:

edit: Cutler lofts one over Stokely. Bwahahaa. :P
Last edited by Medic on 2008-12-21 07:09pm, edited 3 times in total.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

90 seconds to go and Washington is going to win this game, baring some miraculous play by the Eagles.

Edit:

Seven dropped passes for the Iggles today, including one just now in the endzone. 39 seconds to go...

Edit:

Timeout with 25 seconds to go. Eagles' 4th down and it looks grim. 4th and 4...
Last edited by FSTargetDrone on 2008-12-21 07:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WE HAVE A PLAYOFF-SPOT DECIDING GAME IN SAN DIEGO!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Buffalo WINS!!
Up to you now Elfdart. Start doing your Voodoo dances now! :D

Edit: You too SPC.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

12 seconds in the 4th in the Eagles/Washington game. 10-3 Washington at this point.

Edit:

McNabb threw the ball which was caught just short of the goal. Time ran out and it looks like Washington wins 10-3.

Update:

The last play is under review.

Update:

Play on the field stands, Washington Wins 10-3.

Eagles are BAD.
Last edited by FSTargetDrone on 2008-12-21 07:15pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Considering how dead San Diego has looked at various times, this could be one of the most miraculous comebacks to force a deciding game ever.

How funny would it be if Hochuli was the ref?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

havokeff wrote:Buffalo WINS!!
Up to you now Elfdart. Start doing your Voodoo dances now! :D

Edit: You too SPC.
What's amazing was just how bad Buffalo was in the 1st quarter. I just about stopped listening to it at that time.

Fuck me though, it's an early game next Saturday and so is the Chiefs game. A worthless game between them and Cincy. :x Well, time to start asking old buddies if I can crash at their's for a weekend to watch a game. :D
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

ticket prices for that last game of the season in SD have probably just skyrocketed through the roof

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

FSTargetDrone wrote:12 seconds in the 4th in the Eagles/Washington game. 10-3 Washington at this point.

Edit:

McNabb threw the ball which was caught just short of the goal. Time ran out and it looks like Washington wins 10-3.

Update:

The last play is under review.

Update:

Play on the field stands, Washington Wins 10-3.

Eagles are BAD.
There is also the fact that Washington is the #5 defense in the league so all things aside its not exactly like they were going up against a chump team (it also means they have gone 20+ possesions against the Redskins without a TD).

Also after the Steelers/Ravens game DC is lucky that wasn't called a TD.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Can't remember where I read it, but it is worth repeating.

Brett Favre may be in his first year with the Jets, but he already has the tradition of the Jets December Meltdown already perfected. The epic failure against Seattle has opened the door for Miami and New England a little further.

MarshalFoch
Redshirt

Post by MarshalFoch »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Can't remember where I read it, but it is worth repeating.

Brett Favre may be in his first year with the Jets, but he already has the tradition of the Jets December Meltdown already perfected. The epic failure against Seattle has opened the door for Miami and New England a little further.
Miami just walked through the door. New England and New York are in almost the same boat, they have to win their last game and hope another team loses its last game. I would argue the Patriots have it easier since they have to beat a Buffalo team that has not been very good this season while the Jets have to beat the red-hot Dolphins.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Darth Fanboy wrote:ticket prices for that last game of the season in SD have probably just skyrocketed through the roof
Not my concern; I just want to see it on TV but being in bumbshit Kansas, they're gonna show the Chiefs game, no matter how bad / futile.

So yeah, definitely bothering old buddies about occupying their living room. (I know one guy on post with satellite) Makes me feel like such a dick asking though. :|

EDIT: omg, I was wrong. Denver @ SD is apparently now a Sunday night game? I could've swore that is NOT what the schedule showed -- it must be flexibly scheduled. Thank the football gods for that!

edit: time to bitch. Rivers has the highest QB rating by nearly 10 points (104 to Pennington's 96.4) and the highest yards per completion (8.3 -- Brees at 8.0 is 2nd) but didn't make the Pro Bowl. Vincent Jackson's entire stats are just not quite impressive enough that I complain he might've been "snubbed" but his 18 yards a catch (the highest among receivers with at least 50 catches; he's got 57) and %87.7 of his receptions being 1st down's is damn impressive. By the time you get to another player with such a high ratio of 1st-down's and at least 50 catches, the percentage drops 10 points to Braylon Edwards %77.8 on 54 receptions.

I know Elfdart already mentioned Jackson explicitly (IIRC) but damn. Vincent Jackson = move those chains.
Last edited by Medic on 2008-12-21 11:30pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Thank you, Buffalo Bills! :lol:

As my av would say to Alex Trebek:

Suck it Broncos. Suck it long and suck it HARD!
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

SPC Brungardt wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:ticket prices for that last game of the season in SD have probably just skyrocketed through the roof
Not my concern; I just want to see it on TV but being in bumbshit Kansas, they're gonna show the Chiefs game, no matter how bad / futile.

So yeah, definitely bothering old buddies about occupying their living room. (I know one guy on post with satellite) Makes me feel like such a dick asking though. :|

EDIT: omg, I was wrong. Denver @ SD is apparently now a Sunday night game? I could've swore that is NOT what the schedule showed -- it must be flexibly scheduled. Thank the football gods for that!
Yeah, it got flexed.

Overtime in the Meadowlands. Delhomme looked good on the last Panther drive, but wide left.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

The Giants just ran over Carolina in overtime.
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

There's no place like home for the holidays. Go Giants!
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

MY concern, because the Q is a relaxing one hour inexpensive Amtrak ride with alcohol served from San Diego and a a short trolley ride from downtown once I get there. ;-)
Or thank the football gods for flex scheduling, your pick ;-).

The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

starslayer wrote:
havokeff wrote:No faith baby!
And sweet Jesus, how the hell are the Raiders beating the Texans? I sure didn't see that one coming either.
It's ri-goddamn-diculous. That was pathetic play calling. I swear to unholy Christ that Kubiak is the dumbest play caller I have ever followed. He's aggressive when he should play conservative; conservative when he shoud be aggressive.

And the complete and utter collapse of our players... I just don't know what to say. We were supposed to be playing for our first winning season. Instead we'll be lucky to break even.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Question for the St. Louis Lambs:

Aren't you glad you got rid of Mike Martz and Isaac Bruce? :lol:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Elfdart wrote:Question for the St. Louis Lambs:

*snicker* :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Challenge Chicago! It touched his leg!!

Edit: Fucking hell!! Don't they have someone in the booth that just watches replays? I need to apply for that job with the Niners. It touched his leg and you can see his sock move. The Ball didn't change paths, but it's spin altered.

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! That is the wrong call! They played the one replay you could see it on only once!

Fuck... replays/challanges get me all worked up. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

havokeff wrote:
Elfdart wrote:Question for the St. Louis Lambs:

*snicker* :D
ESPN just reported that Rams GM Zygemunt is outta there. It looks like Rod Marinelli is gone from Detroit, too -just like Matt Millen. There's a moral to these stories:

DON'T FUCK WITH MIKE MARTZ! :lol:
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

havokeff wrote:Challenge Chicago! It touched his leg!!

Edit: Fucking hell!! Don't they have someone in the booth that just watches replays? I need to apply for that job with the Niners. It touched his leg and you can see his sock move. The Ball didn't change paths, but it's spin altered.

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! That is the wrong call! They played the one replay you could see it on only once!

Fuck... replays/challanges get me all worked up. :D
Bears defense won it for them anyway. Offense looked pretty damn horrible all game. Kyle seems to need to be taught what color jersey he is supposed to throw the ball to.
I KILL YOU!!!