Anime Soundtracks

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Re: Anime Soundtracks

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

Darksider wrote: The "Little queen" version of DYRL is supposed to sound wierd and surreal.

Just remember the context it was used in in the series.
Well, yeah, but there's another one sang by Ranka used as the ending theme for the Deculture edition of the first episode (And later on in the show as an insert song as well) that's more sensible but still kinda weird. I'm not sure if it's actually on any of the OSTs, but it's on the single for Seikan Hikou.

Plus Minmei is the queen of space-pop anyway :P
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:Another +1 for Macross Frontier's music; both OSTs that are out (I think there's another one due soon maybe? All the decent songs are already on the first two, though) are absolutely great; I think the only song I wasn't too keen on was the new version of Do You Remember Love which was kinda weird compared to the original.
There's a Vocal Collection that was recently released that includes a few remixes that weren't (afaik), in the series.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

General Zod wrote:
Manus Celer Dei wrote:Another +1 for Macross Frontier's music; both OSTs that are out (I think there's another one due soon maybe? All the decent songs are already on the first two, though) are absolutely great; I think the only song I wasn't too keen on was the new version of Do You Remember Love which was kinda weird compared to the original.
There's a Vocal Collection that was recently released that includes a few remixes that weren't (afaik), in the series.
The attraction of the vocal collection depends largely on just how many versions of Aimo you need. I believe that across all three soundtracks there are seven.

The only significant song that's on it that isn't on the others is Lion, but that's available as a single, which is cheaper.
TempestSong
Youngling

Post by TempestSong »

If you're looking for "epic" sounding music, I'd suggest the "Toward the Terra" and "Gundam 00" soundtracks. Kenji Kawai is pretty good when it comes to that. :P