Fun with digital cameras

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Fun with digital cameras

Post by Alyeska »

While at work today I was talking with a coworker about our LG Dare phones when I discovered the panorama option. After I few minutes I realized the potential of such a fun little tool. So with another coworker we put together some entertaining pictures.

That would be Matt in another typical day of work.

Many interesting things to do and many places to be for Matt

After stressing out from all the work Matt ended up shooting Matt in front of Matt who just couldn't bare the thought of witnessing the horrible sight.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Re: Fun with digital cameras

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I was going to say "Panorama, so?" but then I opened the images :D. Awesome!
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Hilarious! :lol: Are there many phones that have a Panorama feature?
XXXI
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

You brought a phaser to work? :lol:
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Phantasee wrote:Hilarious! :lol: Are there many phones that have a Panorama feature?
If you've got a steady hand, you can make panoramas with any digital camera. 'Panorama mode' simply adds guide wires to line up the images.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Alan Bolte wrote:You brought a phaser to work? :lol:
Proudly sitting in my cube. Double points if you can identify exactly what phaser that is.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Alyeska wrote:
Alan Bolte wrote:You brought a phaser to work? :lol:
Proudly sitting in my cube. Double points if you can identify exactly what phaser that is.
Looks like the one from TUC.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

The one used by the boarding party. You can tell by the glossy black finish and the smooth topside.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Bounty wrote:The one used by the boarding party. You can tell by the glossy black finish and the smooth topside.
:wtf: Jesus Christ. That's some very intimate knowledge you got there, B. Do you study props in your free time? :)
XXXI
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Phantasee wrote:
Bounty wrote:The one used by the boarding party. You can tell by the glossy black finish and the smooth topside.
:wtf: Jesus Christ. That's some very intimate knowledge you got there, B. Do you study props in your free time? :)
There were, like, three phasers in all of the TOS movies. And the one he's got - if that's the one he got - is pretty distinctive.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

That is the Assault Phaser. Created for Final Frontier, featured heavily in Undiscovered Country. The most unique phaser design in all of TOS era. The top is extremely distinctive.

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Sorry to derail this, but what brand of replica is that?

And what software did you use to make the panorama? Bog-standard Photostitch or something else?
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Bounty wrote:Sorry to derail this, but what brand of replica is that?

And what software did you use to make the panorama? Bog-standard Photostitch or something else?
Resin replica purchased through private transaction over Ebay 8 years ago.

The panorama was done by the camera phone itself.

Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Is there any moving-parts action, or is it just a big solid piece?

I have to admit I'd have a hard time deciding whether I'd want a TOS phaser or a TFF/TUC phaser.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Uraniun235 wrote:Is there any moving-parts action, or is it just a big solid piece?

I have to admit I'd have a hard time deciding whether I'd want a TOS phaser or a TFF/TUC phaser.
One solid piece, and thats ok by me. It was some sort of resin kit that someone custom painted themselves. They even attached some velcro for a makeshift attachment to clothing (which I removed). It needs to be repainted, but it still looks very good. Bought it over Ebay for $20 back in 2000.