2008 NFL Season Thread- The Road to Super Bowl XLIII

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Medic
Sith Devotee

Re: 2008 NFL Season Thread- The Road to Super Bowl XLIII

Post by Medic »

erik_t wrote:God bless Favre. Ending with a pick and then an illegal forward pass.

Fuck him in the eye. I hope he dies.
I can almost feel the holiday spirit in this post. You know, it is just a game? :?

Still... a fitting end, you're right. 2 forward passes in one play! :banghead:
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

This is offically the greatest day in football history (or at least pretty fucking rad).

1.) The 18-1s miss the playoffs after going 11-5. Suck it New England.
2.) The New York Jets also fail to make it in after making OMG THE BIGGEST DEAL OF TEH CENTURY in the offseason.
3.) The Detriot Lions keep the dream alive and reach the point of maximum suck. Really, they should get a parade and rings.
4.) The hated Dallas Cowboys end up being eaten alive by the Eagles with a playoff spot on the line. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in the away locker room after that game.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

God fuck christ shit jesus. Fuck!

Sunday Night has the worst signal to noise ratio pre kickoff. They played the program credits 11 minutes ago now and they haven't done the COIN TOSS! :finger:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

On the other hand they have gracious close up titty shots of the cheerleaders. :lol:

And LT broke Bailey. That should make things easier for Rivers.

Seriously... that camera guy and producer loves that girl's titties. :D
I concur.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

havokeff wrote:On the other hand they have gracious close up titty shots of the cheerleaders. :lol:

I concur.
Fairweather city means all-year cheerleader shots. :wink:

Still, I love Al Michaels' commentary. According to him, for example, the Chargers team has only 15 dropped 'on-target passes' -- fewest in the league. Been a long time since I could complain about an inept WR corps but that was actually just at the beginning of last season. Norv Turner really has been a boon for Phillip Rivers, but so has been the acquisition of Chambers, the growth of Malcolm Floyd (like all our other WR's -- a big, tall target) and Vincent Jackson coming into his own as the go-to guy. Having Antonio Gates throughout has just been great, too.

edit: WOOO! 11 point lead. I'm not comfortable with that, not after last game.

edit: 18 point lead! LT's looked more like himself tonight than most of all season. His 2 touchdown carries tonight are vintage LT -- he knows exactly how far he has to get and he fights for it harder than his would-be tacklers at the point of contact.

edit: "The best screen running back in the NFL." -- John Madden on Darren Sproles. Damn straight -- give Darren Sproles a straight line to the endzone and you won't know what hit you. Just ask Indy last post-season, or Denver in week 2 and tonight. Got back our 18 point lead. (LT had a 46 yard run or so, his longest this tough season)
Last edited by Medic on 2008-12-28 10:15pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Anyone else think the Chargers are way more fired up for this game than Denver?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

erik_t, this is our second straight chance to have the dream of watching Favre retire with an interception as the last pass he ever throws in his career. Here's hoping it sticks!

I think the 76 Bucs have to give the lions their lukewarm cases of Pabst they save for when the last team finally breaks the winless streak.

CONGRATULATIONS LIONS!
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

erik_t wrote:God bless Favre. Ending with a pick and then an illegal forward pass.

Your pathetic. Did you shuffle your fat lazy ass much typing this?
I KILL YOU!!!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Bilbo wrote:

Oh lighten up. People wish death on football players all the time and don't really mean it. Are you so stupid that you honestly think he wants Brett Farve to die? And if you are dumb enough to believe that, do you also believe he wants him to get fucked in the eye? :roll: Shut the fuck up idiot.

P.S. YOUR DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

BWAHAHHAHAHA. A WR screen pass gets swatted off Shaun Phillips arm and into defensive end Luis Castillo's waiting arms. :lol:

Indy @ San Diego, 12-4 visiting an 8-8 team just because we will win our division.

This just in: LT got his 3rd rushing TD. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

havokeff wrote:On the other hand they have gracious close up titty shots of the cheerleaders. :lol:

I concur.
Yes, the advantage of 60+ degrees during the Eagles game allowed the cheerleaders to cut back on some of their normal cold weather outfits, exposing a bit more belly/midriff. :lol:

Bouncy-bouncy.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

FSTargetDrone wrote: I think havokeff had a point. Jones may drop dead if they get slapped around much more.

So I would call for a mercy rule.

Except it's the hated Cowboys.

Pile it on!
Announcer mentioned it and I've no reason to doubt but apparently the 'boys have lost their last game of the regular season dating back to 1999 as the last time they managed to close with a win.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

FSTargetDrone wrote: Yes, the advantage of 60+ degrees during the Eagles game allowed the cheerleaders to cut back on some of their normal cold weather outfits, exposing a bit more belly/midriff. :lol:

Bouncy-bouncy.
Ah, that explains it. According to ESPN's TMQ one factor of winning a game is which team's cheerleaders show off more skin. I'm all in favor of this idea.

Now if only the Browns could get some damn cheerleaders... :evil:
That NOS Guy wrote: This is offically the greatest day in football history (or at least pretty fucking rad).

1.) The 18-1s miss the playoffs after going 11-5. Suck it New England.
2.) The New York Jets also fail to make it in after making OMG THE BIGGEST DEAL OF TEH CENTURY in the offseason.
3.) The Detriot Lions keep the dream alive and reach the point of maximum suck. Really, they should get a parade and rings.
4.) The hated Dallas Cowboys end up being eaten alive by the Eagles with a playoff spot on the line. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in the away locker room after that game.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Darth Fanboy wrote:Calling Dark Flame, Calling Dark Flame...

31-0

That is all.
Fuuuuuck you! :finger: :banghead: :finger: :banghead: 2 straight shutouts, 6 games without an offensive TD. Shit. On the upside, Savage is already gone, Romeo will be gone tomorrow (officially), and we have the 5th overall draft pick! Yay for the future!
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

That's all she wrote, 52-21!

I'll repeat the sign I saw televised at the game: thank you Buffalo Bills!
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

What an ass whooping. Fuckin big time congratulations to the Charger fans. I can't remember a bigger comeback in a divisional race to win a playoff spot. Now the question is that will the combined score of the Chargers/Colts break 100? Heheh, I would not be terribly surprsied if it broke 80.
Fuuuuuck you! :finger: :banghead: :finger: :banghead: 2 straight shutouts, 6 games without an offensive TD. Shit. On the upside, Savage is already gone, Romeo will be gone tomorrow (officially), and we have the 5th overall draft pick! Yay for the future!
Lmao!

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Darth Fanboy wrote:What an ass whooping. Fuckin big time congratulations to the Charger fans. I can't remember a bigger comeback in a divisional race to win a playoff spot.
That is because, apparently, it has never happened before. Congrats Chargers and especially Elfdart and SPC! :D Also, I think the Chargers are the first 4-8 team to ever make the playoffs. IIRC weren't they the first 0-4 team to make the playoffs some years ago too?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

SON OF A BITCH! I just saw the highlight of Cadillac Williams going down. That is just fucking horrible. :(
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

Bilbo wrote:

My pathetic what?
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Yikes. He's too god damn good for this stuff to be happening to him, what a bummer. So Denver and Tampa Lose out their seasons to go from a good playoff spot to being at home in December. Fuckin Tampa, wow.

Hey responding to earlier posts about whether or not Tom Brady would have had the PAts unbeaten or in the playoffs this year. Ehhhhhhhhh.....

Ugh, they definitely wouldn't have been unbeaten. But I will say they make the playoffs with a 12-4 record. MAYBE, of the three games they lost, two of them were by 3 points and the other three were 20+. I'll say that Brady maybe could have had one of those two close games (vs the Jets and vs Indy). That one game would have boosted them above the Ravens and into a spot. But the Patriots had other issues, especially against potent offenses, and Cassel did play rather well. So the difference is lessened.

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I need a cigarette after watching the Chargers beat the Donkeys -a fitting nickname since they were beaten like a rented mule. The best part was the Chargers pretty much stopped passing in the 4th quarter, and the last three TDs were simple runs between the tackles. Put Denver's defense in dress and call them Judy, because they were the Chargers' bitch.
:lol:

It was nice to finally see Denver flagged for those goddamned chop-blocks they perform on a regular basis.

This game ranks up there with the 55-21 beatdown the Chargers gave the Raitards back in 1981. Before that game, the Faders vowed that Kellen Winslow would not be a factor in the contest. He caught FIVE TD passes that afternoon -an NFL record. After the 5th, he just handed the ball to the referee because he ran out of different ways to spike it.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

You really think Tom Brady is only worth one more win?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

havokeff wrote:SON OF A BITCH! I just saw the highlight of Cadillac Williams going down. That is just fucking horrible. :(
It looks like his knee just fell apart. Maybe he came back too soon, since it's the same one he had fixed.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Elfdart wrote:
havokeff wrote:SON OF A BITCH! I just saw the highlight of Cadillac Williams going down. That is just fucking horrible. :(
It looks like his knee just fell apart. Maybe he came back too soon, since it's the same one he had fixed.
He was swearing a blue streak, too. If the NFL fines him, I'll be more than a little displeased.

Just as soon as he grabbed at his knee, you just knew what had happened. Shame, that. Williams's career is probably over.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

havokeff wrote:
Elfdart wrote: No. Elway won some playoff games. Tony Romo is the new Bobby Hebert.
You are a mean, cold hearted individual. :lol:
Actually, it's generous to Romo. Hebert had very little talent and just wasn't good enough to hack it as a top drawer QB. He was a classic example of what Bill Walsh, referring to Steve DeBerg, called a QB who was just good enough to cost you the game. Romo has a lot of talent and makes a lot of splashy plays that make the highlight reels, but often makes ridiculous bonehead mistakes that not only costs his team games, but they lose in humiliating fashion. That floater he lobbed right to the Sheldon Brown was painful. I felt embarrassed for the guy for throwing such a shitty pass (leaving aside that Roy Williams quit on the pattern).
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Elfdart wrote:
Really, I heard reporters saying that it wasn't the same knee.