2008 NFL Season Thread- The Road to Super Bowl XLIII

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: 2008 NFL Season Thread- The Road to Super Bowl XLIII

Post by Havok »

Fuck. I would take the safety
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Qwerty 42 wrote:
weemadando wrote:
weemadando wrote:It looks like I'll be watching Ravens v Dolphins in HD live any minute now... At least I hope so - thank god for Australian TV finally picking up it's game and showing more than just the Superbowl on free-to-air this year.
Crap - I just realised I have my time-zones all wonky like. It's probably the Arizona game on delayed telecast we're about to get.

CORRECTION! It is live - it's the Chargers v Colts game. FUCK YES! Let's watch Manning eat more dirt!
Baltimore at Miami and Philadelphia at Minnesota aren't going to be played until tomorrow, unfortunately.

Also, nice choice of music by NBC. "The Final Countdown" indeed.

EDIT: Could a Chargers fan tell me why they're wearing the powder blue tonight? Not that I'm objecting, it's just a surprise.
Prime-time game. I think it's that simple.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Well, Kaeding, this is what you're paid for. About seven yards to field goal range.

EDIT: Thank you, SPC.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

I don't care HOW short this field goal is...

here comes the post-season choke-artist. God damnit.

edit: tie game, 31 seconds. We really should be in the lead but for bad luck (Sproles fumble edit: and the blown-coverage / substitution play) and a poor pass by Rivers.
We still have time to lose -- they have a timeout I think.

missed fucking opportunities is the name of the game for the Chargers. We deserve to lose, if we do. Otherwise, we continue our all-but-blessed season. What kind've luck to even be here when we started 4-8...
Last edited by Medic on 2009-01-03 11:14pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

SPC Brungardt wrote:I don't care HOW short this field goal is...

here comes the post-season choke-artist. God damnit.
Kick is good :D
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

This match up is certainly worthy of an extra quarter, and not just based on this game.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

havokeff wrote:This match up is certainly worthy of an extra quarter, and not just based on this game.
Yeah, anyone predicting a blow out was out of their fucking mind.

That being said, our defense played GREAT but our offense dropped the ball. So far, in my predictions, I've placed faith in 2 teams strengths (the Falcons ground game and the Chargers down-field passing game) -- both have disappointed though and both games came down to other things. I don't like this at all, it was winnable, outright, instead, this is literally almost a toss-up.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Chargers win the toss
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Did Manning just call HEADS?!?! :banghead: Always, ALWAYS call Tails.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

havokeff wrote:Did Manning just call HEADS?!?! :banghead: Always, ALWAYS call Tails.
Tails never fails
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

havokeff wrote:Did Manning just call HEADS?!?! :banghead: Always, ALWAYS call Tails.
Whoever did, yeah.

OTOH, I heard over the ref's mike: "Game over!" by a Charger at that coin toss.

Never, NEVER call the game at the coin toss. Hassleback versus Green Bay in the post-season, anyone?

JYNX!

edit: Quote Hassleback: "We're gonna take the ball and we're gonna win!" He threw a pic that went for the game-winning TD in overtime.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Nice. Great 1st down.

P.S. L.T. is gonna be trade bait this year FYI. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

havokeff wrote:Nice. Great 1st down.

P.S. L.T. is gonna be trade bait this year FYI. :D
:x I hate to entertain such a notion, but you may be right. He's old, not getting younger and is getting hurt more often now. He may still have the speed and the agility but the durability at his age? That's a big fucking: :?: Sproles OTOH? He's setting an all-purpose yards record, real time. Right now he's #3 for post-season all-purpose yards between rushing, receiving, punt and kick returning.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

HOLDING ON THE DEFENSE! WOOOOOOO!

edit: PERSONAL FOUL DEFENSE FACE MASK!
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

DARREN SPROLES! GAME!

edit: Dude got 328 all purpose yards and the game-winning overtime-TD. Monster.

and Scifres. It's a toss-up IMO if you give the game ball to Sproles or Scifres. One got so many yards, the other did so much for the defense and offense in field position.
Last edited by Medic on 2009-01-03 11:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

:lol: Helluva game. Congrats. :D And your sig is so appropriate right now.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

havokeff wrote:P.S. L.T. is gonna be trade bait this year FYI.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

SPC Brungardt wrote:DARREN SPROLES! GAME!

edit: Dude got 328 all purpose yards and the game-winning overtime-TD. Monster.

and Scifres. It's a toss-up IMO if you give the game ball to Sproles or Scifres. One got so many yards, the other did so much for the defense and offense in field position.

THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME. Seriously, amazingly, awesome.

The Chargers are my heroes of the day.

What can you say? How about - when the crowd is going so fucking wild that every camera in the stands is uncontrollably shaking, then you are seeing a great game of football.

Peyton Manning eating shit own his own 1yd line actually had me cheering in my living room.

And to the Indianapolis D? I hope you guys like long, lonely flights home to a town that wants you dead. And whoever the Defensive Coordinator is had better have his resume ready and start applying to high-school teams, because that was a shambolic performance that cost them game.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Who the fuck let Matt Millen on the NBC set? :wtf:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

The Chargers rallying call this season should be: 60 minutes. We play to the end of the season and every game. The team's want-to and conditioning is just amazing. We made huge mistakes and it came down to the wire but we stayed in there and won it.

edit: At least the NBC typically-Sunday-Night crowd agreed with me: Scifres and Sproles split the game ball. Well deserved by both -- I couldn't pick either of which was more important. The defense doesn't give up a single field goal all night (and in reality, only 7 earned points by the Colts, accounting for one blown-play) on the strength of our punter's foot, of all things.

So, the big question mark of the AFC post-season, are the Colts and Chargers, as wildcards, both, the teams everyone feared they should've been all season long? Yes and no -- but the yes and no might have surprised you, records considered.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The funny thing, is with all the drama both teams had, there was a good chance they would have met in the playoffs anyway.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

havokeff wrote:Who the fuck let Matt Millen on the NBC set? :wtf:
You aren't kidding.

That's one of the worst combinations of talking sports heads I've seen in awhile.

I know they give crappy coaches and players tv gigs all the time. Millen was actually a good player and decent tv guy before, but now he's become such a joke how can they put him on? Does someone at NBC hate Detroit fans and just want to rub it in a little longer for some reason?
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

havokeff wrote:Who the fuck let Matt Millen on the NBC set? :wtf:
It's a subtle form of low comedy. I think.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

SPC Brungardt wrote: OTOH, I heard over the ref's mike: "Game over!" by a Charger at that coin toss.
Another reason Jamal Williams rules. :lol:
Never, NEVER call the game at the coin toss. Hassleback versus Green Bay in the post-season, anyone?

JYNX!

edit: Quote Hassleback: "We're gonna take the ball and we're gonna win!" He threw a pic that went for the game-winning TD in overtime.
Matt Hasselbeck should be thankful for his twit of a sister-in-law on Yentavision (otherwise known as The View). It's only because of her that he's just the second biggest retard named Hasselbeck to appear on TV.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

So the Eagles ran an ad on their website encouraging fans to buy the surplus Metrodome tickets. Any takers on how much green we'll see tomorrow?