Stormtrooper vs. Klingon Warrior

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Come on, the Empire is not invincible and Klingon combat training is definately superior. What's up with you guys?
Such a strong arguement! Just how are Klingon training techniques vastly superior as you imply? Is it there use of the all-mighty Batleth? :roll:
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Here is the new vs. ME with a swiss army knife VS Klingon warrior with Batleth.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Yuri
Village Idiot

Post by Yuri »

Yeah right. At the first chance the klings drop their disruptors and pick up the melee weapons. Then they run and get shot. The stormie would pound on the klingon. And the force pike is a more versatile weapon than the batleth. it also has a better range.
Not necessarily. Klingons only fight hand to hand in challenges of honor and stuff like that. I seem to remember quite a few stormies getting butchered by Ewoks, so don't even tell me that they could take on a Klingon warrior. Weapons obviously aren't an issue as they had them on Endor and you never would have known it. Stormies can't even hit anything with blasters, so thier hand to hand combat skills must be a joke.
LMSx
Jedi Knight

Post by LMSx »

Stormies can't even hit anything with blasters, so thier hand to hand combat skills must be a joke.
Wonderful leap in logic. No, excellent!
Yuri
Village Idiot

Post by Yuri »

The obvious truth remains that Klingons would never be beaten by teddy bears.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Yuri wrote:
They had trouble with Tribbles. :D
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
LMSx
Jedi Knight

Post by LMSx »

:shock:

When did Stormtroopers ever engage Ewoks with Force Pikes?
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

Yuri wrote:
Those "teddy bears", outnumbered the Imperials, had the advantage of surprise, are stronger than a normal human, and knew the terrain.

They also had the Rebels helping them.
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Not necessarily. Klingons only fight hand to hand in challenges of honor and stuff like that. I seem to remember quite a few stormies getting butchered by Ewoks, so don't even tell me that they could take on a Klingon warrior.
Ewoks beat a few Stormtroopers thus a bigger, menacing Klingon must be able to squash an Ewok. Therefore all stormtroopers are doomed when fighting a Klingon. What's this logic called again? :roll:
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Eleas wrote:(NecronLord)
"No the royal guard skill level would be killing the kling before he can even move"

To hit a weapon in midswing with a three-inch blade is difficult. If the blade is affixed to a two meter rod, it's more difficult. If the rod is flexible... almost impossible.
Well in crimson empire an Ex-guardsman has no difficulty in taking on multiple armed opponents before they can shoot him, so yeah. using a concealed blade. also to kill the klingon you dont need to parry, just duck and stun him with the tip. Add to that that force pikes utilese a shock element and batlet'h's are probably conductive, though some do seem to have rubber handles, it's possiblw that all he needs to do it touch the klingon's bland and he'll be down. and again, gardsmen can cleanly decapitate people when they aren't even facing them. Then the klinon is dead.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

Not necessarily. Klingons only fight hand to hand in challenges of honor and stuff like that. I seem to remember quite a few stormies getting butchered by Ewoks, so don't even tell me that they could take on a Klingon warrior. Weapons obviously aren't an issue as they had them on Endor and you never would have known it. Stormies can't even hit anything with blasters, so thier hand to hand combat skills must be a joke.

Stormtrooper accuarcy is only bad compared to rambo, it's still better then the Klingons, NTM that Klingons got kicked by Tribbles and ferangi.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Again with the Stormtrooper Ewok thing- gawd.

ANH: easily wipe out/ capture the defenders of the Tantive IV, who fall like flies.

ANH: Kenobi, who should know these things, having ordered Republic clones around in the clone wars (in case your forgot, stormies are clones): "only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise"

ESB: Hoth: the snowtroopers kick Rebel ass- sweep aside the rebel defending force: "Imperial troops have entered the base; Imperial troops have **static**"

ROTJ: at least two sniper shots from stormies- one was definitely going for R2, the other was a shot on Leia.

Ah, but the stormies lost the fight at Endor! Ask yourself, would the Rebels have one if Chewie hadn't comandeered an AT-ST? Of course not. There would've been at least two AT-STs annihilating Ewoks and rebel commandos unhindered if that had not happened, not to mention the stormies would still have their fire support. Ewoks also have homeground advantage, and while looking very cute nevertheless are pretty damn strong. I wouldn't want one to hit me over the head with a club.

As to their supposed inaccuracy: two words: charachter shields. Except when they're firing on the heroes, the kick ass :)
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Yuri wrote:
Not necessarily. Klingons only fight hand to hand in challenges of honor and stuff like that.

Liar. In "WOTW" they were fighting with Bathlets.
I seem to remember quite a few stormies getting butchered by Ewoks, so don't even tell me that they could take on a Klingon warrior.

Butchered? They were largly outnumbered, and the Ewoks have vehicle support
Weapons obviously aren't an issue as they had them on Endor and you never would have known it.
Wrong. They had nothing more then carbines.

Stormies can't even hit anything with blasters, so thier hand to hand combat skills must be a joke.

Leap in Logic.

And provide an example of bad accuracy.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Yuri wrote:

Teddy bears that can throw large rocks.

The Klingons would have charged headlong into the forest with their bathlets, only to be killed by archers, rocks breaking their necks, and traps.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

I would've simply lovedto see Klingons fight the Ewoks at Endor. After all, Yuri, they'd have no vehicle support, no armor, and no guns!

The Klings would drop their disruptors, whip out th ba'leths, charge into the forest, and precede to get throughly pounded by big ass rocks, arrows, numerous traps, and most likely Ewoks with spears could hold their own agianst a charging Klingon. So no BS about uber-Klingons and how they could've crushed the Ewok/Reb resistance at Endor. Stormies would be laughin so hard at their perfomance they wouldn't notice the 20 pound rock about to fall on their noggin!
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

(Vympel)
"ANH: Kenobi, who should know these things, having ordered Republic clones around in the clone wars (in case your forgot, stormies are clones): "only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise""

According to just about every source, Stormtroopers ain't clones. Sorry to be a nitpicker, but there it is.

(NecronLord)
"Well in crimson empire an Ex-guardsman has no difficulty in taking on multiple armed opponents before they can shoot him, so yeah. using a concealed blade. also to kill the klingon you dont need to parry, just duck and stun him with the tip. Add to that that force pikes utilese a shock element and batlet'h's are probably conductive, though some do seem to have rubber handles, it's possiblw that all he needs to do it touch the klingon's bland and he'll be down. and again, gardsmen can cleanly decapitate people when they aren't even facing them. Then the klinon is dead."

Oh, I'm not disputing the awesome martial skills of the Royal Guard. But we were talking about regular Stormtroopers, who not only are less intensely trained, but are unused to facing odd bladed weaponry. Therefore, for them, the best bet would indeed be to use the force pike the way it's meant to be used. As a spear.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Darth Garden Gnome

Eleas, you've obviously missed the thread on the pure SW boards, "Are stormtroopers clones?" or something to that jist. Until we have evidence disprovign the evidence in that thread, stormtroopers areclones, end of discussion. So it can be said that they are highly trained enough in hand-to-hand to wield the force pike as such.
Vapthorne
Youngling

Post by Vapthorne »

"So we have:

1. Imperial naval security troopers with force pikes (whose powered functions may not work)

2. Jem'hadar with their odd axe-like weapons

3. Klingon warriors in all their glorious melee attire of bat'leth, d'ktahg and possibly mek'leth (single or pair) if someone doesn't want to tote around a bat'leth

4. Starfleet security personnel, who would ordinarily carry nothing more than a combat knife in such a situation, but let's say their ship's first officer just held a Vulcan bachelor party and had a couple of Vulcan prenuptial conflict resolution devices on hand, so that each muscular security dude is toting a lirpa or ahn woon in addition to the regular knife.

Who else should join the party?"

Might I add:

-Wookie with their Rykk Blades
-Tusken Raiders and their Gaffi(sp?) sticks.
-Gungans with their zapping spears (or what ever they're called.)
"Your superior intelligect is no match for our primitive weapons!" -Kaang

"So tiny, you can't tell it's a deus ex machina!" -The Particles of Star Trek
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Well of Course

Connan and Crew Fresh from another Adventure to the Land of Doom, Evil things and the Pit of the Scanility Claid Women

Luke on his way back-home from Ben's Brand new Lightsaber in hand but no clue how to use it.

Solid Snake with just a Combat Knife

And of Course James Bond and his Army of Ninja's

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Darth Garden Gnome

Hey Bean! You never did tell me which movie Bond gets an army of ninjas (tooooo cool!) Tell me! You certaintly didn't in that other thread...Mr.MeanJeans!
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Hey Bean! You never did tell me which movie Bond gets an army of ninjas (tooooo cool!) Tell me! You certaintly didn't in that other thread...Mr.MeanJeans!
You Only Live Twice
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Maybe he meant Octopussy. In that movie, Bond gets a small army of female theives/ninjas to fight for him.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Master of Ossus wrote:Maybe he meant Octopussy. In that movie, Bond gets a small army of female theives/ninjas to fight for him.
It's You Only Live Twice

My dad is a big bond junkie
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

I know, but he gets another army of ninjas in Octopussy, too. I'm not saying that he does not in You Only Live Twice, I'm just saying that he gets another one in Octopussy. I didn't see the original post, so other circumstances might point to You Only Live Twice, but Octopussy also featured an army of ninjas.

Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Master of Ossus wrote:I know, but he gets another army of ninjas in Octopussy, too. I'm not saying that he does not in You Only Live Twice, I'm just saying that he gets another one in Octopussy. I didn't see the original post, so other circumstances might point to You Only Live Twice, but Octopussy also featured an army of ninjas.
they're circus performers in Octopussy