C3-P0 and R2D2 on the E-D

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

C3-P0 and R2D2 on the E-D

Post by Omega-13 »

If C3-P0 and R2 D2 were transported to the E-D, what sort of things would they be assigned to do?

Would C3P0 take over Troi's job? Would R2D2 help in engineering? or could he? What would happen to the droids
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

R2-D2 would entirely replace engineering. C3P0 would probably be a backup universal translator.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

So much for Data

Post by Patrick Degan »

Threepio, with his fluency in over six million forms of communication and the ability to talk to a wide variety of computer and engine systems, could easily do Geordi's job as well as be the backup UT. Artoo can interface with any computer as long as he's got a compatible link to plug into and has a number of manipulative digits to do fine repair work. Imagine what a good helmsbot Artoo would make, and he doesn't have to eat or take breaks for painting or acting in Shakespeare plays on the holodeck or any other activity connected with Data's "witless exploration of humanity".

Meanwhile, Data gets relegated to swabbing out the methane toilets on deck 36.
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

R2 would try to figure out where the navicomputer is and cause a warp core breach because he plugged into a power outlet. R2 would then detach the saucer section and fly away as fast as possible. 3P0 would comment on the damage to the engineering section, which didn't look very bad.

The engineering section then blows up, flinging the saucer section into a desert planet.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Re: So much for Data

Post by Vertigo1 »

Patrick Degan wrote:Threepio, with his fluency in over six million forms of communication and the ability to talk to a wide variety of computer and engine systems, could easily do Geordi's job as well as be the backup UT. Artoo can interface with any computer as long as he's got a compatible link to plug into and has a number of manipulative digits to do fine repair work. Imagine what a good helmsbot Artoo would make, and he doesn't have to eat or take breaks for painting or acting in Shakespeare plays on the holodeck or any other activity connected with Data's "witless exploration of humanity".

Meanwhile, Data gets relegated to swabbing out the methane toilets on deck 36.
ROFL
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Wait, there are toilets on the Enterprise? :shock: :wink:
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

StarshipTitanic wrote:Wait, there are toilets on the Enterprise? :shock: :wink:
Where do you think the execs flush the bullshit?

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Ohhh shit. :D That reminds me of this comic I read that has a fed toilet arranged where you lie on your back and take a dump horizontally! :P It was hilarious when they had Janeway in the background saying "You think Neelix's food is bad? Wait till you see Voyager's toilets!" :lol:
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:
Where do you think the execs flush the bullshit?
No, they replicate that.

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Vertigo1 wrote:
Ohhh shit. :D That reminds me of this comic I read that has a fed toilet arranged where you lie on your back and take a dump horizontally! :P It was hilarious when they had Janeway in the background saying "You think Neelix's food is bad? Wait till you see Voyager's toilets!" :lol:
LOL, but it's not as bad as this invention.

Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

C3P0 would be good for replacing Troi, though he woudn't have the telepathic edge (she doesn't have much of one, but it is ok, she can sense lifeforms that they can't detect)

R2D2 however, I'm not too sure, he can't go through the jefrey's tubes, he can't access those panels that always seem to be accessed like every other show (especially ds9)

He might have a better role hooked up to the helm
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

R2D2 will lock Engineering out of Engineering and will start rebuilding the warp core system.

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

R2-D2 would find a way to retrofit the Warp Core to make it safer. C-3PO would spend all day debating with Dat
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

StarshipTitanic wrote:R2 would try to figure out where the navicomputer is and cause a warp core breach because he plugged into a power outlet. R2 would then detach the saucer section and fly away as fast as possible. 3P0 would comment on the damage to the engineering section, which didn't look very bad.

The engineering section then blows up, flinging the saucer section into a desert planet.
C-3PO then says "I'm sure this is all your fault R2"
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Isolder74 wrote:R2-D2 would find a way to retrofit the Warp Core to make it safer.
The only way to do that is to eject it, and hope the system works..
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Funny thing is, they might build more R2 droids and replace the engineers with them. :D

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

R2's capacity for storage and calculations make the E-D computer obsolete, and he can also take over the helm and engineering. 3PO wouldn't just be the backup UT, he'd be the UT. Also, he'd make Data look obsolete. One unrelated question. How does Voyager communicate when the UT only knows like 200-something languages and they've never been in the Delta quadrant or met many of the racies (races + species) before?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

StarshipTitanic wrote:
Vertigo1 wrote:
LOL, but it's not as bad as this invention.
Apperantly the inventor has the same philosophy on ergonomics as the guys who tout the 'okudagram'. Easy on the bowel, bad for the knees.
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.