Dizingof Night Wanderings [56K Warning]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Dizingof Night Wanderings [56K Warning]

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Night photography near the center of Tel-Aviv and Dizingof street. No tripod, no massive prime lense, not even a big camera with an unholy ISO (A wandering photographer with a fkash and a 24-70 2.8 was rather unpleasant "Well, you can "try" to take a photo without a flash/tripod!" Bah!).

D
D-1
D-2
D-3
D-4
D-5

D-9
D-10
D-11
Urine fountain :P
D-12
D-13
D-14
D-7
D-8
D-15
D-6

a quickr pickr post
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
bozazz
Youngling

Re: Dizingof Night Wanderings [56K Warning]

Post by bozazz »

Wow. Tel-Aviv seems pretty lively at night. By nightfall Calgary's kinda dead unless you like clubbing. I really LOVE the pictures of the robots. It has a very nostalgic feel to it. I should visit Israel sometime for a photo trip. :D

BTW What is the guy that's fighting the TREX saying?
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Heh, I got a robot like that last Christmas.

What camera did you use? The Eos?
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Bounty wrote:Heh, I got a robot like that last Christmas.

What camera did you use? The Eos?
But of course :D. Sigma 18-200 (IS) most of the time. ISO 1600. (Lots of cool robots like that)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

bozazz wrote:Wow. Tel-Aviv seems pretty lively at night.
It's considered a world class party city. I was in the "older" part of Tel-Aviv proper.
By nightfall Calgary's kinda dead unless you like clubbing. I really LOVE the pictures of the robots. It has a very nostalgic feel to it.
Yeah, I liked those a lot, the focus was really whacky though due to the window and close range.
I should visit Israel sometime for a photo trip. :D
There are better reasons to visit. ;)
BTW What is the guy that's fighting the TREX saying?
Hehehe.
(Title): "Great-Shanan VS the son of Godzilla".
"An exciting adventure story for the old and the young".
(Text bubble):
"Ha/Take that! Stupid Lizard!"
:D
Photography
bozazz
Youngling

Post by bozazz »

Quote:

Yup there are...but I wouldn't know all the great attractions until I have a guide book in hand or a guide :D
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

bozazz wrote:
Quote:

Yup there are...but I wouldn't know all the great attractions until I have a guide book in hand or a guide :D
Yeah, but it's not that hard to find. Tel Aviv is a damn big, interesting city (It's no London or Manhattan, but nowhere is ;)).
Post about it before you visit, and you'll get some tips ;). (The rest of Israel is full of interesting places)
Photography
bozazz
Youngling

Post by bozazz »

DEATH wrote:
bozazz wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, but it's not that hard to find. Tel Aviv is a damn big, interesting city (It's no London or Manhattan, but nowhere is ;)).
Post about it before you visit, and you'll get some tips ;). (The rest of Israel is full of interesting places)
Is it easy to get around? When I go to another country I always use the public transportation system rather than cabs. It's cheaper and it's much cooler.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

bozazz wrote: Yup there are...but I wouldn't know all the great attractions until I have a guide book in hand or a guide :D
Post about it before you visit, and you'll get some tips ;). (The rest of Israel is full of interesting places)[/quote]

Is it easy to get around? When I go to another country I always use the public transportation system rather than cabs. It's cheaper and it's much cooler.[/quote]
It's....decent. Better than the US, trains are good, buses are...decent. Signs are also in English.
Photography
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

IIRC, that fountain and three-way bench seats was on Dizengoff, right? If so, if you keep going up, away from the Kenyon ha'Dizengoff, you reach Sderot Ben-Gurion. Turn right and you reach my old apartment. I used to live on 71 Sderot Ben-Gurion, apartment 2. Keep going down Sderot Ben-Gurion, past Kikkar Rabin, you eventually reach the area around the Israel Association of Psychotherapy, where my then-girlfriend used to work as a secretary before going to Uni in Haifa.

Ahh, memories. Just a few blocks from the Med (left instead of right on Sderot Ben-Gurion).
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Coyote wrote:IIRC, that fountain and three-way bench seats was on Dizengoff, right?
Yup.
If so, if you keep going up, away from the Kenyon ha'Dizengoff, you reach Sderot Ben-Gurion. Turn right and you reach my old apartment. I used to live on 71 Sderot Ben-Gurion, apartment 2.
Awesome. That exact spot is being torn down in favour of a new huge apartment building :D.
Photography
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

DEATH wrote: I was in the "older" part of Tel-Aviv proper.
Jaffa?
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Kanastrous wrote:
DEATH wrote: I was in the "older" part of Tel-Aviv proper.
Jaffa?
Jaffa isn't realy Tel-Aviv proper, it's a city that merged with TA and is considered part of the same administrative unit. This is just the older dignified part (but not the most) of Tel Aviv proper. (Meaning the European bits built by European Jews and whatnot). There wasn't much pretty Bauhaus architecture or awesome old buildings in this area (That's "Navveh Tzedek" which is the fancy schmancy artsy part of the old city of TA from the 20's-30's), I was planning to visit there but I just didn't have time, and it's a daylight area to visit.
Photography