I Got Tattoos!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

I Got Tattoos!

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I got tattoos! Chosen and sketched on my back by my GF :). (I chose the artwork though ;)). Sorry for the crappy pictures ;)

Taken from the Epic level handbook :). (Points if you figure out the dragon type and the original sketch ;))
Red Dragon
If you don't recognize this, then you suck! :P
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Re: I Got Tattoos!

Post by Phantasee »

Are those...permanent?
XXXI
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Given the lack of skin irritation, I highly doubt it.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Sure hope not.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Especially the bat symbol. I hate people who just get logos tattooed on themselves. The Wench's Joker is different, since it's a character, and it's done in a fairly original style, but if she just had the bat symbol on her back, or like some douche I know, a Superman 'S', it'd be lame.

Well, the 'S' would have been sweet if he got it on his chest, but he wasn't cool enough to think of that.
XXXI
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

The two in the middle look like the ink is starting to wear off, and I'm almost certain the Batman symbol has a smudge.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Phantasee wrote:Are those...permanent?
Fuck no, i'm very much against the idea of permanent tattoos - These are just some things she sketched on me with some ink pens :P
Phantasee wrote:Well, the 'S' would have been sweet if he got it on his chest, but he wasn't cool enough to think of that.
I'm saving my chest or middle back for a sketch of great A'Tuin (if I find a shot with a perspective she can handle). That, and the hairs get in the way there ;)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Stark wrote:Dude, you need to invest in some skin care, fucking STAT.
They've all washed off by now, and the red dragon was with some special pens of her that don't potentially harm the skin. I don't intend to make a lifelong habit out of dangerous chemicals being laced on my skin (That, and my skin looks nothing like that in the shot - blame the light).
Photography
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

I think he's talking about the pink dots all over you. Backne is disgusting.
XXXI
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Meh, real tatoos

They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Knife wrote:Meh, real tatoos

That's a fairly nice one, but does the text below it say something about the One Ring? Which is totally lame.

Also: This is why you should think long and hard before you get that detailed tattoo, kids. When you end up old and wrinkly like Knife, it gets a little blurry.
XXXI
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Phantasee wrote:
Knife wrote:Meh, real tatoos

That's a fairly nice one, but does the text below it say something about the One Ring? Which is totally lame.

Also: This is why you should think long and hard before you get that detailed tattoo, kids. When you end up old and wrinkly like Knife, it gets a little blurry.
Kids should think long and hard about getting tattoos, period. Say until after age 21 or so :P.
Photography
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Meh, just a cellphone pic. Blurry due to that, not any age related problem kiddo. Anyway, yes it is the One Ring scrawl and not lame. Sorry you don't like my hobbies, fucktard.

edit: You all don't have to keep quoting the pic though. Yeesh.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Knife wrote:Meh, just a cellphone pic. Blurry due to that, not any age related problem kiddo. Anyway, yes it is the One Ring scrawl and not lame. Sorry you don't like my hobbies, fucktard.

edit: You all don't have to keep quoting the pic though. Yeesh.
Haha, fair enough. Take a btter picture and put it up sometime, it'd be cool to see it. How long ago did you get it?

As far as things to tattoo go, the One Ring scrawl isn't the lamest. :)

But that's partly because Tolkien's stuff isn't commercialized to hell and back. I mean, if you had the image of Elijah Wood tattooed on your back, that'd be too much. But even the ring itself would be cool.

It's just the commercialized images, really. I suppose doing the Klingon emblem would be alright (but really really geeky), but the Starfleet emblem is so commercialized you're practically turning your body into a billboard for Paramount.

I wonder how someone could do Aragorn's sword, before it was remade... maybe up the back, with the pieces floating in their correct positions, but not connected, like it got blown up in a diagram.
XXXI
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

It's funny; I have one tattoo, which I never show anyone because part of its appeal is its privacy and personal meaning, to me.

Not that I'm suggesting anyone else do likewise; I just like the idea of bearing a secret mark.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

My tattoos

left inner forearm

right inner forearm

left shoulder

right shoulder

Also while I'm in my photobucket, WTF is EP doing at a WWE event
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Wow. The eye-of-Ra design is really, really tasty.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Kanastrous wrote:Wow. The eye-of-Ra design is really, really tasty.
It's not bad but it seems a little strange seeing a Celtic knot mixed in with it.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Pounder is clearly a gangsta.

An Irish gangsta.
XXXI
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Phantasee wrote: Haha, fair enough. Take a btter picture and put it up sometime, it'd be cool to see it. How long ago did you get it?
Dragon is about 13 years ago, scroll work about 3.
As far as things to tattoo go, the One Ring scrawl isn't the lamest. :)
I wanted a band on my arm and tribal is too common and the good aweful barbwire is tacky. Funny thing is most people ask me "What does that mean? God bless Allah, or something? Few see it and think LotR.

I wonder how someone could do Aragorn's sword, before it was remade... maybe up the back, with the pieces floating in their correct positions, but not connected, like it got blown up in a diagram.
I've long considered putting a sword with scroll and rune work either across my back or recently (at least the last three or so years) up my tummy to hide a huge scar.

Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Phantasee wrote:Pounder is clearly a gangsta.

An Irish gangsta.
An Irish Egyptian gangsta.
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Kanastrous wrote:
Phantasee wrote:Pounder is clearly a gangsta.

An Irish gangsta.
An Irish Egyptian gangsta.
I was thinking more along the lines of an Irish gangsta in an Egyptian gang.

Now, the question is, would he be in Ireland, as the local guide? Or would he be in Egypt? Pounder running among the sand dunes and pyramids, trying to carry out a hit... That's an interesting idea.
XXXI
Essence of Owl
Redshirt

Post by Essence of Owl »

here are mine

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

NERD TATTOOS!! I am so there!

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"